PDA

View Full Version : Moving threads?

tmac
05-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Is there any system or rules the moderators use to decide to move thread? It seems like lately the mods have been moving a lot more threads around the board.

A lot seem to be going to off topic but they are related (in some way) to general MMA. I thought that off topic would be for threads that are not related to MMA at all. Is this a correct assumption?

I am not criticizing the moderators, I know that you guys do a really great job. I just wanted to get some clarification. I haven't started that many threads, but I was just curious.

Boo
05-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Yep, I noticed the same thing. Maybe they need the practice.

Clint
05-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I think some of the other guys are quicker to move threads than I am. I'm pretty laid back about it.

There aren't any hardset rules since it's too hard to define so right now it's just up to whatever mod is around.

Dork8503
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
only time i move threads is if its not about mma, but i will move fight threads, meaning chuck vs so and so or rampage who do you want to see him fight. Alot of the times people think we move threads but we actually merge threads with older posts and stuff like that.

tapper
05-11-2007, 10:58 PM
if you move a thread, you should pm the thread starter, and tell him where you moved it. can't be looking around for a half hour.

Boo
05-11-2007, 11:38 PM
only time i move threads is if its not about mma, but i will move fight threads, meaning chuck vs so and so or rampage who do you want to see him fight. Alot of the times people think we move threads but we actually merge threads with older posts and stuff like that.
Just out of curiousity Dork, where do you move the Rampage vs ? threads? Are you talking about fantasy fights. Seems like we have a forum for that on here. It's not one I frequent, so I'm not sure if it is still here.

Actually the ones I had noticed were ones that were mma related, but were moved to "off topic." I guess I see the "off topic" forum for things like a news item or anything that is not about mma.

As an example my thread on "mma trivia site" was moved to off topic. Don't get me wrong, that's not something I'm going to get my panties in a wad over. I just thought it was strange to move it. I noticed a couple others that were similiar. Makes it a little hard to reason out what to put where???

As for PMing people whenever you move or merge a thread...that could get to be a real hassle. It's not like you guys are getting paid for this.

Clint
05-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Just out of curiousity Dork, where do you move the Rampage vs ? threads? Are you talking about fantasy fights. Seems like we have a forum for that on here. It's not one I frequent, so I'm not sure if it is still here.

Actually the ones I had noticed were ones that were mma related, but were moved to "off topic." I guess I see the "off topic" forum for things like a news item or anything that is not about mma.

As an example my thread on "mma trivia site" was moved to off topic. Don't get me wrong, that's not something I'm going to get my panties in a wad over. I just thought it was strange to move it. I noticed a couple others that were similiar. Makes it a little hard to reason out what to put where???

As for PMing people whenever you move or merge a thread...that could get to be a real hassle. It's not like you guys are getting paid for this.
Yeah i have noticed those ones before and they are ones that I generally would have just left in the general MMA forum but I'm not sure who moved them or why. hell sometimes the wrong thing just gets moved. I do that alot :confusedsmilie:

Dork8503
05-31-2007, 04:35 AM
Boo i didnt move you thread, i dont move things to off topic unless its off topic meaning it has nothing to do with mma. If i dont think it goes in the gen forum but not sure i leave it alone. If its fights like Rampage vs Shogun 2 i move to dream matches. If there are 3 threads that have to do with chuck losing or chucks footwork or something ill merge them together. I dont move anything unless im sure where it goes, if im not i leave it alone.

I am not going to pm everytime i move a thread, i move about 10 a day that shit would get old fast lol

Ramma
05-31-2007, 11:43 AM
if you move a thread, you should pm the thread starter, and tell him where you moved it. can't be looking around for a half hour.
If you click on the thread, even after it is moved, it directs you to the thread.

Boo
06-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Boo i didnt move you thread, i dont move things to off topic unless its off topic meaning it has nothing to do with mma. If i dont think it goes in the gen forum but not sure i leave it alone. If its fights like Rampage vs Shogun 2 i move to dream matches. If there are 3 threads that have to do with chuck losing or chucks footwork or something ill merge them together. I dont move anything unless im sure where it goes, if im not i leave it alone.

I am not going to pm everytime i move a thread, i move about 10 a day that shit would get old fast lol

Honestly Dork, I don't care who moved my thread. It ended up working out better where it was put anyway. I was just wondering if you were talking about fantasy matchups. You clarified that you were.