PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ever Fight?

Showtime
05-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Corey Hill had his first MMA fight EVER on this weeks TUF. He should of lost the fight, but what can you say ... never let it go to the judges. I don't like Hill so much right now ... the only reason he didnt get his ass kicked was because of how tall he was. Raw talent ... maybe ... ready for the UFC ... na ... he needs to go with Horn and train for a while before he steps back into the octagon ... He didnt know what to do when he was on the ground ON TOP ... almost got ankle lock submitted ... almost had a left blown out knee ... LEARN TO CHECK THOSE ... gezz ... it just gets me ... this kid had some hype behind him ... at least the way they where showing him off on TUF ... if he makes it past the next round I will be suprised ... lets hope not though ...

The vent

da@LARGE
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Hopefully now that the UFC own the WEC they can send these green as goose s*** guys down there until they're ready for PPV.

TravelinMonty
05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Corey Hill is a total ass. Not to mention, a fucking liar. I understand boosting up your record to get in the door. But, he lies to Jens before the fight again. He makes me think that Kimbo would do well on TUF.

orion_damage
05-11-2007, 05:11 PM
haha yeah that was rediculous, at the beginning of the 1st round he looked like he might actually live up to his name and knock the sh*t out of that dude but that turned out to be a very boring fight and I do agree he isn't ready to fight in the ufc, all you have to do is get in that guys range and go, put in a spot that makes him uncomfortable and he'll crumble

christov17
05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I agree with the judging that Corey won the fight. They were both playing it a little safe but Corey looked to be more dangerous and stepped forward more... Corey looked great at the start and then took it easy. Maybe he got nervous. But he looked fast and composed and threw some nice punches when OC boy tried a rare charge. Another one of BJ's guys who ignores BJ's cage-side advice. pathetic...

Destral
05-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I think it could have gone either way, but I would have given it to Emerson. Corey had the center of the cage, but it looked like Emerson was throwing first. Corey counter punched pretty effectively though. I think the thing that would have me giving it to Emerson was the damage that leg kick was doing.

Spun City
05-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow...Hill has played the physcological game to a tee. First off, judging from the fight, there is no way in hell this guy was ever a highscool state champion wrestler ....Emerson was clearly afraid to grapple with him because of this reputation which is probally what he needed to do since the only time they did tie it up almost resulted in a knee bar and had such a reach disadadvantage on the feet......I'm sure the next guy will see through his barking and bragging........

Masscore
05-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow...Hill has played the physcological game to a tee. First off, judging from the fight, there is no way in hell this guy was ever a highscool state champion wrestler ....Emerson was clearly afraid to grapple with him because of this reputation which is probally what he needed to do since the only time they did tie it up almost resulted in a knee bar and had such a reach disadadvantage on the feet......I'm sure the next guy will see through his barking and bragging........

He might have been a state champion, but that does not mean his wrestling is great. Sometimes sub-par guys manage to win weak wieght classes, happens all the time. Florida is not a very good state when it comes to wrestling, which is where Corey is from. So a lot of guys that win state titles there are not always that great.

SimpleJack
05-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Funny you bring that up. He may have won a title, but who in the world is that tall and weight 146-155?? I doubt if anyone in high school had the reach to truly stop his takedowns.

Ramma
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Anyone who says Corey won... I don't know what to say to you lol... you tell me what he did besides that flury in the beginning.. given, Emerson was not great either, but he landed leg kicks and plenty of punches...

Corey stood there and was lost.

Ryukuma
05-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Anyone who says Corey won... I don't know what to say to you lol... you tell me what he did besides that flury in the beginning.. given, Emerson was not great either, but he landed leg kicks and plenty of punches...

corey looked more aggresive in the fight to me, and most punches that emerson did were deflected back, and all those leg kicks didn't do shit to corey

TriangleChoke
05-12-2007, 12:56 AM
hill makes me sick and he disgusts me...but he won the fight. he won round 1, emerson got round 2, and hill won round 3 cuz emerson was a pussy and wouldnt try to get inside on hill...i wish bj would have slapped emerson for crying about how he should have won the fight. i hate corey hill, but he won the fight.....emerson gave round 3 to emerson on a silver platter..i hope they feed hill to lauzon

Ryukuma
05-12-2007, 12:59 AM
hill makes me sick and he disgusts me...but he won the fight. he won round 1, emerson got round 2, and hill won round 3 cuz emerson was a pussy and wouldnt try to get inside on hill...i wish bj would have slapped emerson for crying about how he should have won the fight. i hate corey hill, but he won the fight.....emerson gave round 3 to emerson on a silver platter..i hope they feed hill to lauzon

i hope they dont feed hill to lauzon for the simple reason, that i wanna see lauzon fight someone whos more of a competitor then the other guy

Masscore
05-12-2007, 01:04 AM

Niether guy deserved to win IMO. The problem with Emerson was the fight was his for the taking and he did nothing. Ok big deal he landed 3 nice leg kicks the whole 3rd round... compared to what, Corey advacning and trying to throw punches. For the most part when Emerson went for a combo he completely missed and Corey hit him with a punch and moved away. Which was enough to pull out the win, even if it was not that impressive.

mattsoper
05-12-2007, 03:03 AM
that fight was frustrating to watch

I believe emerson won the fight but he had so many opportunities to win it maybe he just didnt deserve it in the end. Corey is not very good and I believe that if emerson would have got inside and kept his composure he would have knocked him out. The problem was he was afraid to get hit. He he would have just took a couple he would have been able to out battle him and eventually been to much for the very inexperienced corey hill

but if corey hill can get to a really good wrestling camp, maybe the same one as cheick Kongo lol, he could be a force. But he would need a good year of well supervised training before he made a huge impact

emceelokey
05-12-2007, 04:04 AM
THat 3rd round was a real toss up. I guess Corey deserved the win because he was the aggressor in the fight. Corey had nothing though. I can't believe he couldn't pull off any kicks. That wold have been such a huge advantage for someone that had any type of striking training.

I agree that if Emerson would have went inside and went for a takedown more often he would have won. Even if he had to eat a few punches in the process he could have gained the advantage. He could have just Koschecked him and sat on top of him for 5 minutes because Corey didn't seem to have much in terms of submission skill and defense.

Dana even admitted that he knew that Corey didn't have any experience and, to me it seems like they put him on the show as an attraction. Sort of like the Great Khali in WWE. Sucks at everything to do with wrestling but he's 7 feet tall and who doesn't want to see a 7 foot tall person. I think that's what Dana saw in Corey. A 6' 4" 155 pounder in a weight class where just about everyone is shorter than 5' 8". He really has to be dired out to get to 155 though. If he plans on gaining more muscle he'll eventually have to step up a weight class.

2mcgrath
05-12-2007, 06:39 AM
feed hill and emerson to sherk.emerson had all kinds of chances to more than likely get a ko but didnt do anything.its like he thought he was winning the fight so pulled a tim sylvia and tried to stay away for a decs.didnt work.i hope next weeks fight is better than the hill one.it was like watchin two people street fighting that was afraid of getting hit,so they just ran around throwing a punch here and there and a few kicks really sucked

perc10
05-12-2007, 07:11 AM
I dont like Corey,and Emerson is scared to lay it all out there. Emerson has a great takedown defense ,but I didnt see anything else yet,the only thing I can figure is that he was intimidated by Corey and Diaz reach.I think he should have got that decision though. as for Corey I think Emerson brought him back to reality when he couldn't just throw him around like that doll they keep showing him beat up at practice. Plus to go in there with a giant smile after like he fought a great fight

Beatts35
05-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I though emerson was more aggressive. he stepped in the engage more than hill. hill did a good job of deflecting alot of emerson punches. hill took the first round. emerson easily took the second. and i though emerson took the third, his leg kicks did more damage than anything else in the fight, if emerson had taken coery down and sat on him the last 30 seonds he would have easily taken the desicion.

they were both to gun shy. emerson was frustrated and i guess scared of getting tagged. and corey has never fought before.

emerson is well liked by dana and when he isn't facing someone with such a huge size difference he is very game and puts on an exsiting fight. i'm sure emerson will fight on the finally. and i see him being made a staple of the WEC for awhile as he matures in his career.

bobbyretro
05-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Does anyone have the recording of that episode?....

coz we dont get it til next tuesday(in the u.k)

chuteboxechamp
05-13-2007, 01:19 AM
i thought emerson won it based on the kicks, but I thought the judjges would give it to Hill based on moving forward more.

Rufio
05-13-2007, 03:54 AM
I didn't even see how Corey won the first round. It looked to me like Emerson was pressing the action and landing more significant hits throughoutt the first, with the exception of that flurry at the beginning. I definitely gave the first round to Emerson.

Second round, I thought Corey was winning UP UNTIL he almost got subbed at the end of the round. Because of how the round ended, I gave it to Emerson too.

Third round, Corey moved forward more but did no damage, and it looked to me like he was a little shaky from the leg kicks. Emerson did the damage but Corey moved forward more. Personally I put damage above aggression so I gave this to Emerson as well.

The judges were just blind as hell IMO. Aside from the flurry at the beginning of the first and rocking Emerson a few times in the second, Hill did nothing in the fight. Emerson consistently did damage, landed the cleaner combos, and almost finished the fight via sub before Corey was saved by the bell.

808botz
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I was hating on Cory after the 1st show. But now im a fan of his. He says he didnt fight MMA before but that also could be bullshit. A lot of Amurtur shows don't report there fights. Evan if he didnt fight he still was training at least somewhere. Think about it. Dana white not going to let some Dude who has not training on the show. As For the fight I feel he won. He's used his Ht to his advantage. Emerson fought not to loss.

achilles22
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
true emerson fought not to lose but he did win the fight, cory is a good guy but he lost that fight, Ithough it was cray that it went to 3 rounds. the first round was a draw and the second was emerson. I saw so many close fight on the UF over the seasons that i wanted to go to another round but didn't. I think cory won cause he is marketable cause of his height, all he did was step forward

Metalhead
05-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Cory would make decent "muscle" for a street gang.