PDA

View Full Version : Title

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM
I can't for the life of me find where to change my title - it's like the option has been removed or something... can anyone tell me where to go please?

Cheers.

Clint
05-11-2007, 08:55 PM
It's under edit profile, in your usercp

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Can't see it there.

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Go to your user CP, then go to "edit profile". It's the first one under "optional information". See it?

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah I thought it used to be there, but it is gone. Definitely not there.

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah I thought it used to be there, but it is gone. Definitely not there.

Are you sure? It's right above your date of birth.

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah honestly - I must have checked 10 times.

I think someone has removed the option to fuck with me. Which is pretty funny tbh, but I want it back dammit!

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah honestly - I must have checked 10 times.

I think someone has removed the option to fuck with me. Which is pretty funny tbh, but I want it back dammit!

Are you bullshitting me?

It goes something like this:

Edit Profile God
Registration Required Information - All fields are required.
Email & PasswordPlease click the button below to edit your email address and password.

Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.
Custom User TitleThis is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts. Check the 'Reset' box if you wish to use the default title for your usergroup and post count.
Your current user title is
#1 RUSH Reset
Custom User Title

Date of BirthYour date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year (Optional)
January February March April May June July August September October November December 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Privacy
Hide Age and Date of Birth Display Age Display Age and Date of Birth
Home Page URLIf you would like to let other visitors to this site know the URL of your own web site, enter it here.
Home Page URL

Instant MessagingYou may enter your registered identity for the instant messaging networks if you would like other visitors to be able to contact you using that medium.
ICQ Number
AIM Screen Name

MSN Messenger Handle
Yahoo! Messenger Handle

Skype Name

Additional Information

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Here's mine - no bullshit. Someone is fucking with me fo' sho'

Email & Password
Please click the button below to edit your email address and password.

Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Privacy

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Here's mine - no bullshit. Someone is fucking with me fo' sho'

Email & Password
Please click the button below to edit your email address and password.

Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Privacy

???

Wow, I don't know what to say now. I don't want to point fingers, but I you and Sundance don't get alongso well. You'll have to talk about it with Clint I guess. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
thanks for helping, although with you being omnipotent I though you could have helped me out a little more tbh.

Hang on, you and I have had our differences in the past too haven't we... hrm.....

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:51 PM
thanks for helping, although with you being omnipotent I though you could have helped me out a little more tbh.

Hang on, you and I have had our differences in the past too haven't we... hrm.....

My username is God, but I'm not cocky (I took it to piss off some religious nutjobs). What's "tbh" mean?

Yeah, we've had a bit of differences, but it was minor stuff, I think you're one of the funniest/weirdest guys on this forum, so it's all good.

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:55 PM
My username is God, but I'm not cocky (I took it to piss off some religious nutjobs). What's "tbh" mean?

Yeah, we've had a bit of differences, but it was minor stuff, I think you're one of the funniest/weirdest guys on this forum, so it's all good.

tbh = to be honest

Don't worry, I know it's just a username and you're not really an omnipotent being. I'd actually go as far as to say there are no omnipotent beings in existence.

And, ur..., thanks I think... yeah s'all good. I'd neg you but I'm all out of rep for 24 hrs.

Clint
05-11-2007, 09:56 PM
There was a weird setting problem for the titles for some of the usergroups. Presumably it's fixed now.

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:58 PM
tbh = to be honest

Don't worry, I know it's just a username and you're not really an omnipotent being. I'd actually go as far as to say there are no omnipotent beings in existence.

And, ur..., thanks I think... yeah s'all good. I'd neg you but I'm all out of rep for 24 hrs.

If you want, I'll neg you. lol

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 09:58 PM
There was a weird setting problem for the titles for some of the usergroups. Presumably it's fixed now.

Still not there Clint. Thanks for checking though - perhaps there's another setting that's changed?

Clint
05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Weird what about now?

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Yep got it.

Nice one Clint, cheers - WTF was wrong with it?

Clint
05-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Since each rep level that displays is a different usergroup, some of them had the "can use sustom title" option set to no. I'll have to check them all and see which other ones are screwed up.

Hypergit
05-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Weird that it would install that way. Props for figuring it out that quick.

Clint
05-11-2007, 10:16 PM
No problem. I figured it was in those settings, it was just a matter of figuring out which one.

Boo
05-12-2007, 03:48 AM
My username is God, but I'm not cocky (I took it to piss off some religious nutjobs).

It always feels strange when addressing you in a post.

Yo, God
I agree God
@God: blah blah blah

Highlander
05-12-2007, 11:57 PM
It always feels strange when addressing you in a post.

Yo, God
I agree God
@God: blah blah blah

What are you talking anout, man?

What do you mean "blah, blah, blah"?

Boo
05-13-2007, 02:29 AM
What are you talking anout, man?

What do you mean "blah, blah, blah"?
I'm talking about when I am addressing you in one of my posts. It may be me agreeing with you, or asking you a question, etc.

I would say "@God" and then I would ask my question or whatever. I'm using "blah blah blah" as a substitute for what I might say.

You follow what I mean now? I'm not insulting you in any way if that is what you are thinking.

Hypergit
05-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Did you think it was me Git?

Well, I obviously became suspicious that one of the mods or admin was fucking with me. I didn't jump to any conclusions, but let's just say I do find your mustache to look untrustworthy.

Highlander
05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm talking about when I am addressing you in one of my posts. It may be me agreeing with you, or asking you a question, etc.

I would say "@God" and then I would ask my question or whatever. I'm using "blah blah blah" as a substitute for what I might say.

You follow what I mean now? I'm not insulting you in any way if that is what you are thinking.

Oh, I get what you're saying. If you find it weird to call me God, then call me "O heavenly father that I love". That might be easier and less wierd. lol

Boo
05-14-2007, 04:02 AM
...call me "O heavenly father that I love".
Very helpful, lol.