PDA

View Full Version : Most impressive fighter on TUF 5 so far

teddybear2235
05-11-2007, 04:18 PM
So we've had 6 fights so far featuring a few dominant performances and a few close fights. So of the 6 winners who do you think is your pick to win the show?

earle
05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it's a toss-up between Manny Gamburyan and Joe Lauzon. I would rank Nate Diaz a close number 3. I give a slight edge to Manny for submission and ground skills (though Joe's choke was impressive). Though if Nate is anything like his brother, he may just suprise me and knock them both out.

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
honestly i would wait with this poll till the other 2 fights come, but i liked nate diaz because he had such a unique style

SimpleJack
05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
honestly i would wait with this poll till the other 2 fights come, but i liked nate diaz because he had such a unique style
I think his hands are too low to compete against some of the better guys in the UFC. Lauzon already proved he can.

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I think his hands are too low to compete against some of the better guys in the UFC. Lauzon already proved he can.

well i think he was being a bit to careful, but i mean i don't see many fighters using the stance he did, and controlling it so well

Ramma
05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
The only two people who fought who looked like they were already MMA caliber fighters were Lauzon and Manny. Not just because they brought the fight, but they were confident, and just overall, good.

Nate Diaz was good, but not impressive.. and I don't even want to talk about Cole.

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
The only two people who fought who looked like they were already MMA caliber fighters were Lauzon and Manny. Not just because they brought the fight, but they were confident, and just overall, good.

Nate Diaz was good, but not impressive.. and I don't even want to talk about Cole.

yeah but your talking about 2 overly agressive fighters, id say nate is usually getting ready with a plan instead of just wanting to ktfo of the other guy

Ramma
05-11-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah but your talking about 2 overly agressive fighters, id say nate is usually getting ready with a plan instead of just wanting to ktfo of the other guy

Well, at the rate things are going, Team Pulver Fighters are going to be fighting other Team Pulver Fighters, so we will see if he does the game plan thing or not

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, at the rate things are going, Team Pulver Fighters are going to be fighting other Team Pulver Fighters, so we will see if he does the game plan thing or not

yeah true, we will see what their truly capable of, but as far as im concerned whoever gets cole, brandon, or corey has a free trip to the semis

Ramma
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah true, we will see what their truly capable of, but as far as im concerned whoever gets cole, brandon, or corey has a free trip to the semis

agreed

2mcgrath
05-11-2007, 08:32 PM
it has to be without a doubt joe,he look awesome in his fight.and has allready ko'ed jens

Legend
05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
There is no question in my mind. Joe Lauzon all the way.

Intellectual
05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
as always, i support the Armenians. Manny gets my vote, but in all realness, Lauzon is the strongest and most impressive.

baba
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Joe looked liked a beast. The killer internet nerd. I think he takes it all this season. Manny is aggressive as hell and Diaz is well... a Diaz, so theres my top 3. I'm pumped to watch the rest of the season!!

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
still we have to see the other2 fights to see how agressive the other 2 fighters to come are gonna be

mattsoper
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Nate Diaz has expeiernced with his fight against franca and does have some good talent

It looked like he got kinda lucky against pulver, but he demolished last night

Manny is a ball of fire waitintg to explode, then once he does he regroups and get's ready to explode again

I think it will be diaz Vs lauzon or manny in the finals

chuteboxechamp
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Manny 100% i think manny looked more impresive than Joe

perc10
05-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Lauzon looks to be most dominate choking that guy like Chuck Norris. Diaz could be pretty good too,I think Diaz fought someone with a better defense than Lauzon,but Lauzon seems to bring it every time

jmarsh0176
05-12-2007, 02:48 AM
WANG DUDE!!! That guy's a freaking warrior!! lol

Seriously, it's gotta be Lauzon. He just rolled over that dude like a truck. Manny looked tough too, but there seemed to be something controlled about Joe's performance that really impressed me.

Beatts35
05-12-2007, 09:36 AM
i have to agree with the majority in here

the entire season comes down to manny, diaz and lauzon.

i like a diaz vs lauzon matchup. they are both agressive and have very good subs. the both have simialr body types and matchup very well.

manny is strong and we know what he is going to bring in the clinch and on the ground (see karo if you don't)

manny and diaz could be a cool fight to see. just because of how amazing a fight nick diaz and karo had. their fight may have been one of the most skillfull mma matches you'll ever see from a grappling perspective. and was high energy.

i think that lauzon takes the whole show. he is an animal and as long as he doesn't make a stupid mistake he should be coming home with the prize.

neonatural45
05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
YOu should have held this off until gray and matt fight becuase I have high hopes for them both

so far its all J-lau, nate diaz and manny looked like tanks as well

valheruking
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Joe and Manny have been the most impressive, but Joe takes it as the best one so far.

chungt79
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I think Cole and Lauzon are the best ones so far. Manny had a good fight but he was just very aggressive against the lessor fighter and he couldnt be like that against guys with skills. Cole looks well rounded and thats where he has the edge and Joe looks like a veteren at such a young age.

Rufio
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Joe and Nate for me although I'm a bit biased because I love the Diazes.

Ryukuma
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
You know something i noticed in mannys fight was while he was agressive, if noah was alot better at submitting he could have caught manny because manny kept doing so many things that left him open to be submitted while on the ground

Dork8503
05-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Joe, Grey Or Matt will win it, Yeah Pulvers team is winning everything but after reading up on Grey and Matt there both going to kick ass. Grey is a great wrestler an no one will be able to stop him from taking them down. Matt is a good striker with power, an Joe has good power and is just good. Team Penn will win

JMH
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
So far, i'm going w/ Joe.

I think it'll be a long time before we see someone k.o. or stop Joe.

I only see the guy losing to a close decision cause he is resourceful.

Masscore
05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Lauzon for me. He beat a guy that on paper probably should have beaten him. Not only did he beat him though he made the guy look like a can, which he is not.

As for winner, I think I am gonna go with Diaz as my pick right now, not having seen Grey fight yet.

Bullock
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I've got Joe Lauzon winning it.

Just like everyone esle, lol

perc10
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Wyman looked real good tonight, Gray didnt impress me too much

Dork8503
05-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Matt, Joe, and Grey its to hard to pick between them. Pulver might have won 5 fights but its going to be 2 of Penns team in the finals

Ryukuma
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Gray fight didn't really impress me, i could see him trying for choke but he didn't do it so i doubt hell get past this next round if hes fighting someone good, as for matt hes good, but i don't see him winning. For me its still gonna be Nate vs Joe

Gurry
05-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Wayne Weems Is The Most Impressive

Mr. Raider
05-21-2007, 06:10 AM
B Melendez will be a force I have seen him fight alot here in Utah. His first fight wasnt that great but the kid has all the tools. would like to see him fight diaz and knock him out. I think gray has a good chance also. cant wait for this next round of fights. I think this will end up easily being the best season so far.

neonatural45
05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
B Melendez will be a force I have seen him fight alot here in Utah. His first fight wasnt that great but the kid has all the tools. would like to see him fight diaz and knock him out. I think gray has a good chance also. cant wait for this next round of fights. I think this will end up easily being the best season so far.
It isnt who you think will win, its whos the most impressive so far

808botz
05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
I would have to say Joe and Manny was the most impressive. Joe is a tuff muther fucker and Manny is so explosvie. Manny seems so damm Strong.

samf100
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Iv got Diaz as the favourite, this is because he has a solid stand up game, hes strong, probibly has the best cardio out of the lot of them and if he takes it to the ground he is gracie jujitsu trained which to me is the best jujitsu.:fingersmilie:

ferris0913
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm going with Joe. he's got all the tools. Plus he owns Pulver, he's in his head, i wanna see them fight again so Pulver can get knocked out

gale
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Most Impressive--Joe
Most surprising -Cole
Watch out for Cole--His fight was long ago and everyone has forgotten about him. But he set the standard for the rest of the fighters. He fought a good fight and was very impressive doing it.

perc10
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Cole was a good fight,he just cried afterwards

a cool kid marjusunus k
05-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Why the hell isn't gray on the poll to win the ultimate fighter. He is a fucking four time all american u know:fingersmilie: and he can make it to the finals with joseph lauzon. i hope it is scored a draw between gray and joesph:fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :angrrry: :angrrry: :angrrry: :angrrry:

rivethead
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I would have to say Joe and Manny was the most impressive. Joe is a tuff muther fucker and Manny is so explosvie. Manny seems so damm Strong.

Manny reminds me of the little fat guy with the blue fauxhawk from that other season...Josh somebody. Fireplug with more heart than skill, throwing flurries of bombs.

Manny has a little more skill, but he'd get destroyed by someone who can block coming off the clinch. Plus the "My cousing Karo Parisyan" hero-worship thing got old after the second time he said it.

I hope I don't have to endure a lot of feature fights with him in it in the future...

rh

Beowulf
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah im pretty sure he thinks karo is god, i think karo is the first person to come on as a guest coach and only coach one guy...pretty shitty

manny seems to have a good ground game, but when he stands just throws nothing but haymakers

Gmunit
06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Manny has been the most impressive IMO

Lauzon is the best fighter there w/ the exception of maybe Nate, so i can't vote for either of them

Cole looked pretty good and am excited to see him fight again, too bad about the illegal elbow

Gray is a great wrestler, but last week showed how 1 demensional he really is

and Melendez looked pretty decent at some points during the fight, but you could really tell that he doesn't have the mentality to be a fighter (especially prior to the fight when he was talking to Pulver)

juristmaximus
06-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Joe Lauzon is the most impressive. Hands down

blah
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
lauzon, diaz. i think manny is going to get beat up pretty bad one day in the ufc if he continues his style. a little small, but very intense

Captain Haddock
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
TINTIN

http://lemonparty.org/lemonparty.jpg

valheruking
06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Thats just fucking wrong

Thaistylist
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
WTF...those sonsabitches

Intellectual
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah im pretty sure he thinks karo is god, i think karo is the first person to come on as a guest coach and only coach one guy...pretty shitty

manny seems to have a good ground game, but when he stands just throws nothing but haymakers

Jens said Karo would be working out with the group. ever heard of editing?

jcflores
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Can't someone delete that post? Anyways I like Joe and Nate and would love to see both fight in the finals. I hope I get my picks right.

rivethead
06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Can't someone delete that post? Anyways I like Joe and Nate and would love to see both fight in the finals. I hope I get my picks right.

report it to the mods...I did...but if enough people flag it as a bad post, hopefully it will go...

rh

rivethead
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Jens said Karo would be working out with the group. ever heard of editing?

I was commenting on Manny always talking about Karo, and the fact that bringing Karo was a bigger boost to him than to anyone else, regardless of whether he rolled with them or not. Even my friends wife, who really likes Wiman, switched allegience before the fight, because she didn't want to see Manny lose in front of his hero.

I'm actually most disappointed in Wiman. Physically, he has all the tools to win this, but didn't show any of them in the semi final fight. The psychological edge that Manny might have gotten wasn't big enough to cover for his disappointing performance...punching with his head down, not using the jab to impose his reach, fairly useless with subs...he looked horrible, mentally and emotionally out of the fight.

I think it would be smart for Manny to drop down to the featherweight division, those wild combos aren't going to be as effective with a bigger LW with ko power and the striking skills to use it. He could do great things in a lighter weight, I don't see him cracking top 20 at LW.

I like Karo as a fighter. He comes off as a tool in interviews, though.

rh