PDA

View Full Version : The top 5 best point guards in the NBA?

Punk Ass
05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm just wondering peoples thoughts on this, I'm sure Nash is most peoples number 1.

Opinions?. :grinsmile1:

Ubermensch
05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
1. Nash
2. Kidd
3. Paul
4. Deron W.
5. B. Davis

Honorable Mention: Iverson, Billups, & Parker

Punk Ass
05-14-2007, 07:47 PM
1. Nash
2. Kidd
3. Paul
4. Deron W.
5. B. Davis

Honorable Mention: Iverson, Billups, & Parker

Who are Paul and Deron W?

Ubermensch
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Chris Paul (Hornets) PTS. 17.2 AST. 8.9
& Deron Williams (Jazz) PTS. 16.2 AST. 9.3.

Punk Ass
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Chris Paul (Hornets) PTS. 17.2 AST. 8.9
& Deron Williams (Jazz) PTS. 16.2 AST. 9.3.

You really think these 2 are better than Iverson, Billups, and Parker, at this point in their career? :confusedsmilie:

Mac
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
You really think these 2 are better than Iverson, Billups, and Parker, at this point in their career? :confusedsmilie:
I like Uber's list but as far as Iverson, he's a great scorer but a horible point guard.

Ubermensch
05-14-2007, 08:22 PM

I think they are better right now and I am only considering this year because it is the only one that counts (Look how far the Jazz has gone with a second year point guard, Paul on the Pistons would scare the world). If we are going to put history into it I'll say Magic, Stokton, etc etc. So Billups and Parker still would be out.

Thaistylist
05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
A winner like Billups has to be in the top 5

Kimuras"R"Us
05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Nash
Kidd
Paul
Billups
Parker

Punk Ass
05-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Nash
Kidd
Paul
Billups
Parker

Looks reasonable

Highlander
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Nash!

mcdev88
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
nash
kidd
paul
billups
d. williams

MichaelK
05-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker
Deron Williams
Darrell Armstrong

Erm... Chauncey Billups.

:)

SimpleJack
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
People need to re-evaluate their basketball knowledge if they leave B. Davis off of this list. He basically beat the Mavs alone.

Nash
Kidd
B. Davis
Billups
D. Williams

Honorable Mention:
Paul
TJ Ford
Parker
Hinrich

Afro
05-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Let me be the first to say...

NASH IS OVERRATED!

D'Antoni Scheme anyone? I mean Nash is a very good basketball player, and a very good point guard I mean I like the guy.. but lets be real, who wouldnt be good playing behind Jason Kidd and Kevin Johnson? and who wouldnt put up #s in a fastbreak team run'd but Dantoni? he is a victim of that scheme, hes still a damn good player but I just dont have the heart to rank him over Jason Kidd, who is a better all-around PG.. Nash is the better passer no question but he runs in the friendlier scheme.. Jason Kidd on the other hand is much better on the defensive side of the ball, where Nash is extremely vulnerable. Hes a much better rebounder, and that does matter.. and IMO.. Jason Kidd has the better jumpshot! hes the much better 3-ball shooter, and he hasnt skipped a beat in leadership.. of course as the years go on, the closer Nash gets to outranking him.. but I dont see it yet.

1. Kidd
2. Nash
3. BARON DAVIS
4. Billups - the best defending PG
5. Deron Williams

MichaelK
05-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes. I feel like a complete idiot for over-looking Baron Davis. He is one of the elite players in the NBA right now.

However, I wouldn't give much mention at all to Hinrich. As a Bulls fan through-and-through, I was really hoping the Bulls would move him when the trade deadline was approaching, but no one wants his contract.

Honestly, I like Duhon much more than I do Hinrich.

Mac
05-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Let me be the first to say...

NASH IS OVERRATED!

D'Antoni Scheme anyone? I mean Nash is a very good basketball player, and a very good point guard I mean I like the guy.. but lets be real, who wouldnt be good playing behind Jason Kidd and Kevin Johnson? and who wouldnt put up #s in a fastbreak team run'd but Dantoni? he is a victim of that scheme, hes still a damn good player but I just dont have the heart to rank him over Jason Kidd, who is a better all-around PG.. Nash is the better passer no question but he runs in the friendlier scheme.. Jason Kidd on the other hand is much better on the defensive side of the ball, where Nash is extremely vulnerable. Hes a much better rebounder, and that does matter.. and IMO.. Jason Kidd has the better jumpshot! hes the much better 3-ball shooter, and he hasnt skipped a beat in leadership.. of course as the years go on, the closer Nash gets to outranking him.. but I dont see it yet.

1. Kidd
2. Nash
3. BARON DAVIS
4. Billups - the best defending PG
5. Deron Williams
While I agree that Kidd has all around better skills than Nash I can't believe you are saying he's a better 3 point shooter than Nash or even a better jump shooter.

Afro
05-20-2007, 06:33 PM
While I agree that Kidd has all around better skills than Nash I can't believe you are saying he's a better 3 point shooter than Nash or even a better jump shooter.
Ehh ya ur right about that.