PDA

View Full Version : Nba Mvp

ProbeDriver
05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
So Disco Dirk was awarded MVP today...
do you think he is deserving of so or not?
and if not, who do you think should of been...
Nash?
Kobe?
King James?

Punk Ass
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Probably Kobe, but I think Jason Kidd has been deserving since 2002. Where the hell would the Nets be without him.

Highlander
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Probably Kobe, but I think Jason Kidd has been deserving since 2002. Where the hell would the Nets be without him.

They still have Jefferson and Carter.

I say Nash just because I like him a lot and because he's Canadian, also his stats went up more then what they were last year when he won it. However, I can see Dirk being named MVP, so I'm not devastated.

Punk Ass
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE]They still have Jefferson and Carter.

Yeh, but Dirk has Jason Terry, Josh Howard, and Stackhouse. Suns have Barbosa, Marion, Bell, banks, Piatkoski, stoudamire, and a lot more. That's a all star team and much deeper than the Nets.

I say Nash just because I like him a lot and because he's Canadian, also his stats went up more then what they were last year when he won it. However, I can see Dirk being named MVP, so I'm not devastated.

Do you honestly think the Sns wouldn't be in the play off without him?? I think they would still have a great chance, hell they would make it.

Highlander
05-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Do you honestly think the Sns wouldn't be in the play off without him?? I think they would still have a great chance, hell they would make it.

Well, if that's the case, then why did you make this thread?

I still think that they'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't be nearly as good.

Mac
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
You could have flipped a coin between Dirk and Nash so I have no problem with Dirk getting it. And just because someone has better talent around them doesn't mean they shouldn't get the MVP. Nash actually makes the guys on his team better so he could get the damn thing year after year and it would make sense.

Punk Ass
05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, if that's the case, then why did you make this thread?

I still think that they'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't be nearly as good.

I didn't make this thread, and dont understand exactly what you mean by that, however I agree the suns wouldn't be as good but I respect someone a little more who can take a team of nobodys ala Jordan and make them better, or take a team who only won about 16 games the year before and takes them into the NBA finals, which Kid did 2 years in a row.

Highlander
05-16-2007, 10:55 PM
I didn't make this thread, and dont understand exactly what you mean by that, however I agree the suns wouldn't be as good but I respect someone a little more who can take a team of nobodys ala Jordan and make them better, or take a team who only won about 16 games the year before and takes them into the NBA finals, which Kid did 2 years in a row.

Yeah, my bad. Whoops. Jordan didn't have nobodys, he had Pippen and Rodman, and I'm sure others.

Punk Ass
05-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, my bad. Whoops. Jordan didn't have nobodys, he had Pippen and Rodman, and I'm sure others.

Rodman wasn't the difference maker in that 3 year run. Jordan and Pippin are, but they wasn't nearly as deep as the suns or Mavs. BTW, there were no others besides those three.

I think you would be hard pressed to name any other player in the Bulls first 3 championship runs. Can you name 1?

I can, but I was a die hard Bulls fan and they didn't have anybody of notice.

Mac
05-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Bill Cartwright, B.J. Armstrong, Luc Longly, Ron Harper, John Paxson. Uh...that's all I got off the top of my head I'll have to think about this some more. The thing is those guys weren't great individual players but they were awesome role players. It's very hard to find quality role players anymore because everyone wants to be a superstar. Imo, the Pistons and Spurs have the best role players in the league right now. If the Bulls stay intact they have that chance in the next couple of years.

Highlander
05-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Rodman wasn't the difference maker in that 3 year run. Jordan and Pippin are, but they wasn't nearly as deep as the suns or Mavs. BTW, there were no others besides those three.

I think you would be hard pressed to name any other player in the Bulls first 3 championship runs. Can you name 1?

I can, but I was a die hard Bulls fan and they didn't have anybody of notice.

I can't name anyone else, but I'm not a basketball fan. More like someone who just enjoys watching Nash play and hopes he raptors don't suck so bad as they have in the past because I'm Canadian.

Kimuras"R"Us
05-17-2007, 05:29 AM
I think Nash should have got it this year, but I think this should have been his second straight MVP. I think the first year he won it Shaq should have gotten it.

MichaelK
05-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy, Trent Tucker, Scott Williams, and Rodney McCray are the other players from the first 3-peat that come to mind.

Without Nash, the Suns still have two All-Star forwards and the sixth-man of the year. They're a pretty good team without Nash, but much better with.

But that's not everything you have to look at.

Nash is more than just a great passer. He is most likely the best shooter on the Suns as well. He has a ton of heart, creates openings for his teammates, and presses that team up and down the court each and every night. The Suns WOULD be a playoff team without Nash, but wouldn't make it past the first round.

Dirk rebounds pretty well and is primarily the first offensive option on that team, sans MAYBE Howard. We know Dirk can score and shoot the lights out of the arena, but he needs to do more to help his team by creating more openings for the guys around him. Dallas could still potentially be a playoff team without him, and I mean that honestly.

LeBron does EVERYTHING, save for hitting big shots. He passes very well for someone his size, rebounds very well, can score from anywhere on the floor, and does help his team find holes in the opposing D. Cleveland wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs without LeBron. Not even CLOSE.

At the end of the day, though, just who is most valuable to their team?

Tm Duncan is.

The entire San Antiionio offense is run through him nearly every time down the floor. He dominates on both sides of the ball more than any player at power forward in the history of the NBA, is capable of 30-20-8-5 on ANY given night, and is the main reason that the Spurs have been an elite team nearly his entire career.

Beowulf
05-21-2007, 03:42 AM
unless my memory is horrible, thats suns werent thaty good before nash, and there not good with him off the court, im not saying hes as good as jordan, but him and jordan both make other players on their team better,

Afro
05-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy, Trent Tucker, Scott Williams, and Rodney McCray are the other players from the first 3-peat that come to mind.

Without Nash, the Suns still have two All-Star forwards and the sixth-man of the year. They're a pretty good team without Nash, but much better with.

But that's not everything you have to look at.

Nash is more than just a great passer. He is most likely the best shooter on the Suns as well. He has a ton of heart, creates openings for his teammates, and presses that team up and down the court each and every night. The Suns WOULD be a playoff team without Nash, but wouldn't make it past the first round.

Dirk rebounds pretty well and is primarily the first offensive option on that team, sans MAYBE Howard. We know Dirk can score and shoot the lights out of the arena, but he needs to do more to help his team by creating more openings for the guys around him. Dallas could still potentially be a playoff team without him, and I mean that honestly.

LeBron does EVERYTHING, save for hitting big shots. He passes very well for someone his size, rebounds very well, can score from anywhere on the floor, and does help his team find holes in the opposing D. Cleveland wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs without LeBron. Not even CLOSE.

At the end of the day, though, just who is most valuable to their team?

Tm Duncan is.

The entire San Antiionio offense is run through him nearly every time down the floor. He dominates on both sides of the ball more than any player at power forward in the history of the NBA, is capable of 30-20-8-5 on ANY given night, and is the main reason that the Spurs have been an elite team nearly his entire career.
Lebron wont touch an NBA MVP until he becomes more then the worse 4th quarter player in the NBA among elite players.

of course Cleveland wouldnt be in the playoffs if it werent for Lebron, you take away the superstar on any playoff team and they wouldnt be in the playoffs either.

Nash had his best year, most deserving MVP year but ironically Nash has gotten two straight undeserving MVPs, and was shafted on the one MVP he might of deserved.

Dirk was the right choice considering the Regular season.

MichaelK
05-21-2007, 11:13 PM
It was unfair for Steve to get the shaft this year, I do agree. The only reason we didn't win it this year was because he was fairly undeserving the previous two. This was their way of making up for it.

Also, I didn't imply James should have been named MVP, nor did I state was due for one soon. The fact is, and I said this before, he doesn't do well in most clutch situations. Until he can carry his team to victory for the ENTIRE game, you're right - he will not be named MVP. And, it's justified in my book.