PDA

View Full Version : Lop sided casting for TUF 5

Beatts35
05-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I have to say that this season has some very good fighters. skill wise and a mentally they may be the best show yet.

But overall i think they went out and casted 7-10 guys they thought were actually good fighters and the rest were cast to make the others look good.

other than the emerson fights and the wang fight nothing has even come close to getting past the first round. its like they wanted to have quick dominant matches then a few good fights in the semi's and then an exposive final.

i think they are going to add some good talent to an already stacked division but it is funny they way the have manipulated this seasons casting.

Jza
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Yea but you always want your new fighters to look good on at least one outing ya know. So showing these guys off to have some good fights is a ways to doing that.
But then 16 equally classed guys might produce boring matches much like Kos vs Sanchez where they jus feel each other out for 2 rounds

Legend
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
They do that every season. They always cast a few guys bc they know more then likely they are going to get steamrolled and make someone else look good. But I will say it seems to be more obvious this season.

sandywh
05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
I've read inerviews from some of the "1 and done" members from the previous TUF seasons. They all said that there were about 5 guys that they already knew were going to be on the show. Most of them were guys already trainning in established camps (i.e. Team Quest, MFS, AKA, & America Top Team) and were pushed into the show by the trainners or teammates. And they're reputations were made very clear by the producers and coaches. Most of the other cast members showed up cold w/ tapes of previous fights or a resume showing a win against someone that someone had heard of.
The disappointing part is the "push" the established guys get. Ed Herman got all the love on his season. Mike Whitehead was pushed hard on his season. Its sad that they do this considering that every season has had an "unknown" go to the finals. (i.e. Cummo, Evans, Griffin)
The way that it looks this season is that its alot more tilted than before. With guys like Louzon, Manny, Diaz, (Gabe) vs. nobodies like Corey, Weems, & Wang.