PDA

View Full Version : Barrera Scorecards

Luis Cruz
05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey Boone, remember that picture you showed me of the scorecards being altered? If you got it post it here. Teddy made a good point last night on Wednesday night fights. He showed the card and pointed out something i didn't see when you showed me. Not only was the final round changed from a 9 to a 10 for Barrera which was obvious but Teddy pointed below that where the decision is written. It said Barrera wins a split decision. Ok now what's weird about that? Well the other corrections were scratched out and changed but this part was untouched, the word 'Draw' was never written there. So why didn't the announcer catch that and if it was an adding error it would've read draw. The way it looks now is that they knew what result they wanted before it even concluded but two of them scored it wrong and messed it up. That is as clear of a fix as i ever seen. I'd hate to know Oscar is already a crooked business guy paying off judges and refs, boxing does not need another one. Although i had a score of Barrera winning by one so i can't argue they were wrong. A draw or Barrera by close decision i was ok with but not like this.

Matt Boone
05-26-2006, 02:47 AM
http://www.fightnews.com/barrera_juarez_scorecard.gif

Luis Cruz
05-26-2006, 02:49 AM
There it is at the bottom, Barrera split decision with no draw crossed out. SUSPECT!!!!!!!!!

Alvin
05-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Don't they have have the cards double checked before they announce the decision?

Could be that whoever totaled the card up first was a 6-year-old kid who can't use a calculator. They even had to correct the last judges card for Barrara, who didn't adjust any of his scores.

It does look suspect that the first 2 adjusted the last round though.

Surely your not suggesting corruption in boxing???????

Matt Boone
05-26-2006, 09:42 PM
That's the tabulation sheet. They claim there's a different actual card for each round and that they only collect the tabulation sheet, otherwise they'd have 12 seperate cards from 3 different judges.

Kass101
05-26-2006, 11:13 PM
it looks fishy just like boxing always has when it comes to the judging. but how did you get ahold of that pic because thats pretty suprising they would let something like that out.

Matt Boone
05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
It's from FightNews.com. I guess it's like NSAC/CSAC, etc. releasing fighter purses for UFC events, and official scorecards, etc. It's probably part of the regulation.