PDA

View Full Version : Taylor vs Spinks Keep the talk here

Dork8503
05-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey, for tonight if anyone watches the Taylor fight its live on hbo so lets try to keep the talk in here.

I have Taylor by tko in the 8th

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm going to say Taylor by UD. Just to big, strong, and will put a lot of pressure. I just don't think Taylor is going to catch Spinks with a flush shot, Spinks may be too fast.

Dork8503
05-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Ah the Miranda vs Kelly fight was awesome.

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Pavlik was way too long for Miranda

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Pavlik was way too long for Miranda And skilled. Pavlik looks to be the real deal.

And what the hell is the deal with taylor fighting all these small feather fisted fighters? :confusedsmilie:

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Pavlik sure packs a punch tho

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Nice entrance :lovesmilie11:

Dork8503
05-20-2007, 06:19 AM
i have a feeling taylor might lose,

Taylor looks like shit

TheDirtySis
05-20-2007, 07:01 AM
is anybody watching taylor v spinks?

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 07:08 AM
god awful fight

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm going to say Taylor by UD. Just to big, strong, and will put a lot of pressure. I just don't think Taylor is going to catch Spinks with a flush shot, Spinks may be too fast.

Damn do I know how to pick em. Called it exactly how it happend.:grinsmile1:

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 07:18 AM
i have a feeling taylor might lose,

Taylor looks like shit

I thought so for a mion as well. Spinks just started to run too much without landing more punches after the first couple rounds. He fought a very safe fight. Can't say I blame him though, he doesn't want to get hit by a true MW.

Highlander
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm not a boxing fan, so whenever I watch a boxing fight, I want to see a good one, but that one sucked bad.

Salvy_Mic
05-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Arrgh, that Taylor/Spinks fight sucked so bad, I'm still in a bad mood about it. Taylor had so many chances to finish Spinks, but I kept seeing him take his foot off the pedal, and Emmanuel Steward was pissed the hell off. I was giving Taylor the benefit of the doubt, but he disappointed me tonight. He seems like a good kid with a lot of potential, but I think he needs to lose before he starts going forward again. He's too concerned about not looking bad in a fight that he doesn't fight his own fight and ends up looking bad anyway. He just needs to let his hands go. I hope they make him fight his mandatory, Kelly Pavlik.

Speaking of Pavlik, that's what I'm talking about! He impressed the hell out of me and beat one of the top middleweights in the world convincingly. Miranda suffered his true real loss (I think he beat Abraham) and must go back to the drawing board to work and his actual boxing. He can slug, but he can't box, and it showed against the boxer-puncher Pavlik. He was excellent, he still gets hit too much, but I think any questions about his chin were answered. It would be tested by rock-fisted Miranda, and it passed, his chin's solid. This was a breakout performance and I think he has a better than great chance to beat Taylor. In fact, I'm picking Pavlik to beat Taylor, but it won't be easy. It's just that Taylor comes to look good; Pavlik comes to fight, and a lot of times, that's what you need.

As for Edison Miranda, he'll be back. If he wins his next few fights, he could probably get a rematch with Arthur Abraham, or a fight with Felix Sturm. And he'll be pissed. This was the first time he was ever pushed around by another fighter, and he didn't know what to do. He'll know next time.

Early middlweight titlist predictions by the end of the year:
WBA- Felix Sturm
WBC- Kelly Pavlik
IBF- Arthur Abraham
WBO- Kelly Pavlik

Pavlik is the truth at middleweight, in my opinion. He has the same sort of come to fight and mix it up attitude that most of the great middleweight champions of the past have had, with serious KO power and I think he'll beat Jermain Taylor, and eventually, Felix Sturm and Arthur Abraham. If Winky Wright comes back to middleweight, that'll be the toughest fight for him. But anyway, as you can see, Kelly Pavlik made me a fan.

jmarsh0176
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm not a boxing fan, so whenever I watch a boxing fight, I want to see a good one, but that one sucked bad.

Pavlik/ Miranda on the undercard was awesome...the best boxing match I've seen in awhile.

Taylor/Spinks was one of the worst...If I hadn't started flipping channels. I would've fallen asleep.

Disheartening to hear Taylor duck Pavlik (the obvious #1 contender) in favor of a "show me the money" speech. It's hard enough to get top boxers in the ring together when they want to fight top competition. It reminds me why I'm heading back to the MMA forum.

BTW, Cotto v. Judah is one of the weakest ppv main events I've seen in awhile.

Salvy_Mic
05-20-2007, 10:48 PM
While Cotto vs. Judah is actually an awesome fight, I didn't think it should have been on PPV. It's really a regional fight, much like Taylor/Spinks was, and it would have been a lot better had it been on regular HBO. However, the winner of Cotto/Judah deserves to headline a PPV event occasionally. And if Cotto/Margarito happens, provided they get by Zab Judah and Paul Williams respectively, that deserves to be on PPV by the end of the year.

Either way, the two fights I'm most looking forward to in the next few months are undoubtedly Ricky Hatton/Jose Luis Castillo on June 20 on HBO, and Rafael Marquez/Israel Vasquez II on August 4 on Showtime. Those are real FOTY-contenders.