PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

Howie
05-20-2007, 04:47 PM
So whos everyones team?

Seattle Mariners all the way for me

Mac
05-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I bet you will never guess who my team is.

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm a yankee fan but being a college pitcher I have always tended to like teams with young pitching as well. Right now I am a big fan of the Pirates cuz of gorzelanny snell and duke.

Mac
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm a yankee fan but being a college pitcher I have always tended to like teams with young pitching as well. Right now I am a big fan of the Pirates cuz of gorzelanny snell and duke.
Gorzelanny and Snell will be studs in a couple of years.

Howie
05-21-2007, 12:22 AM
i picked up zach duke in my mlb 2k7 franchise

kickass32
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm not a huge baseball fan.....more of a casual fan, but i do root for the BlueJays!

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Speaking of young pitching the Yankees are looking pretty good with Clippard and Hughes. Now if any of those young pitchers they got for Sheff and Randy pan out they should be back to the Yankees of old. You can always buy hitters but its best to develop pitchers.

Howie
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
the yankees can buy pitching to

The Man In Black
05-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Cardinals!

TakeNoPrisoners
05-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Parents are from Boston, so even though I grew up in San Diego, my parents brought the east coast with them, and I was raised a Red Sox fan. Along with the Patriots. :grinsmile1:

MichaelK
06-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Chicago Cubs. :(

Palma
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
The San Francisco Giants.

billwilliams70
06-01-2007, 02:38 PM
The Evil Empire......The New York Yankees!!!!

Later.

Howie
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Bonds fan palma?

Palma
06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Bonds fan palma?

Hell yes, and if anyone wants to get into the Steroids scandel and about how upright the sport of Baseball is we can get into, the corked bat era, about how pitchers use grease and other substances to enhance pitches, about how Gooden and Strawberry used cocaine to enchance their performances, and about the dozens of baseball players that have actually tested postive for hormones and steriods since we all know Bonds did something, yet no one has actually been able to prove anything. All I will say is, people hate Bonds and the roids are just a great excuse to do it.

Howie
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
damn straight man. WAR BARRY

Palma
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
damn straight man. WAR BARRY

Great! Now I look like the Asshole...

Highlander
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Great! Now I look like the Asshole...

I don't completely understand why so many people hate bonds and says that he does steroids. He's never been tested positive, has he? If not, then why do so many people accuse him of it?

Palma
06-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't completely understand why so many people hate bonds and says that he does steroids. He's never been tested positive, has he? If not, then why do so many people accuse him of it?

Because of the way he handles it I guess. Have you read testimonies and the court recordings? From what I can tell he definitely did some enchancing drugs. It's called the clear and you drop it on your tounge and it doesn't show up in urine tests. He said his trainer gave him something that was like that, but he said he didn't know what it was. I think he knew it was something, but didn't want to know.

I look at it like this. I think he did it, but even according to court depositions he only did it for less then one season and it was a season he was injured for half of anyways. He was already giantic when he did it. Yeah, he might have hit less home runs if he didn't do it, but not much less though. I don't think enhancers helped him hit more homeruns compared to the amount of homeruns he didn't hit because of all his intentional walks.

Afro
06-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Bonds was super skinny when he played for the Pirates, now look at him.. I know thats all assumptions but I do think hes done Steroids, that 70 Hr season is surrounded by what? the guy has all the signs, but he hasnt been tested positive yet but we all know Baseball players mask the hell outta that stuff.. but its still assumptions I think he does em though, and I think Hank Aaron is still a better hitter then he is but Bonds is still great, still 2nd best.

Highlander
06-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Because of the way he handles it I guess. Have you read testimonies and the court recordings? From what I can tell he definitely did some enchancing drugs. It's called the clear and you drop it on your tounge and it doesn't show up in urine tests. He said his trainer gave him something that was like that, but he said he didn't know what it was. I think he knew it was something, but didn't want to know.

I look at it like this. I think he did it, but even according to court depositions he only did it for less then one season and it was a season he was injured for half of anyways. He was already giantic when he did it. Yeah, he might have hit less home runs if he didn't do it, but not much less though. I don't think enhancers helped him hit more homeruns compared to the amount of homeruns he didn't hit because of all his intentional walks.

Well, even if he did it for 1 season, I still think it's wrong. I hiope he doesn't do it anymore, but I think it's bullshit that he's used as the scapegoat for cheating in baseball, since there are many cheaters in baseball.

Palma
06-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Bonds was super skinny when he played for the Pirates, now look at him.. I know thats all assumptions but I do think hes done Steroids, that 70 Hr season is surrounded by what? the guy has all the signs, but he hasnt been tested positive yet but we all know Baseball players mask the hell outta that stuff.. but its still assumptions I think he does em though, and I think Hank Aaron is still a better hitter then he is but Bonds is still great, still 2nd best.

He was 19 when he played for the Pirates. Do you know what happens between 19 and 26? Even from people who are testifying against him are saying it was the 99 season when he put on 15 lbs of muscle. He swung so hard during an at bat that he tore the ligaments in his back and he spent over 50 games on the DL. He was bigger before he drugs then he is now.

Aaron has a better career average, but Bonds is more of a power hitter then Aaron was.

Well, even if he did it for 1 season, I still think it's wrong. I hiope he doesn't do it anymore, but I think it's bullshit that he's used as the scapegoat for cheating in baseball, since there are many cheaters in baseball.

I just think it's bullshit that people attribute all his success to it and I also hate how every other baseball player that tested positive for it has gotten off the hook so easy by the courts and the media and here no one can even prove it and they treat him like they do. Yeah I'm sure he did it, but if they can't even get a decent hearing together to bust him then everyone really needs to let it go. I mean after all Palmero, McGwire, Sosa, and Giambi most certainly did it and no one gives a shit about them.

Afro
06-02-2007, 12:49 AM
he wasnt 19 for all the 7 years he played for the Pirates though, again its just an assumption no one knows for sure if he did it but IMO he did.

Palma
06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
he wasnt 19 for all the 7 years he played for the Pirates though, again its just an assumption no one knows for sure if he did it but IMO he did.

And when he was around 22 he started to fill out. He was already a bigger then average ball player by the time he got traded to the giants. The pictures the media shows to try and make him look smaller are always from his rookie year, which is total bullshit.