PDA

View Full Version : End of Prelims: Predict TUF 5 Winner

teddybear2235
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Now that the prelims of tuf5 are over. pick a winner for the season.

lilp86
05-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I gotta go with Joe Lauzon(sp) He impressed me the most all around betwwen his fight with Jens and the prelims I think he deffintly has to be the favorite right now

warrior06
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Wiman
Lauzon
Diaz

lilp86
05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I dont see Wiman pulling it out I think lauzon diaz or Manny would take him I dont know I just dont like the guy for some reason prolly cause of his nickname any fighter who calls himself handsome nedds to get smashed IMO

teddybear2235
05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
usually there are four or five very good fighters that come out of tuf each season. this time with only one division i wondered what would happen with how many guys could actually make it in the ufc. I think most of the guys that made it to the quarters have good potential. i mean at least one really good fighter will go down in the next round. i'm excited about 6 of these guys and think they all have a chance of being successful in the ufc

thumper
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
What? nobody is voting for Corey?

Steve88
05-22-2007, 12:26 AM
What? nobody is voting for Corey?
not after his lackluster performance.. i think any of the other would destroy him.

Jza
05-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Yea gotta go with J-Lau on this one.
I mean everyone has seen how good he was against Pulver and now the other guy he fought.
I think his hardest match up will be Diaz so I'm hopin that gets saved for the final assuming they both win.

Bullock
05-22-2007, 01:33 AM
J-Lau all day baby

thumper
05-22-2007, 02:52 AM
not after his lackluster performance.. i think any of the other would destroy him.

Oh I was joking. Corey is an embarassment. I get embarassed FOR him now when I watch after seeing him fight.

perc10
05-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Manny's got alot of holes in his game,I see Lauzon or Diaz but anyone could get hurt or knocked out til then

lilp86
05-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Hes not an embaressment hes just got raw talent give him a year or two training with the right camp and that dude is gonna be a beast. I thought he did alright especially if it was his first mma fight ever

perc10
05-22-2007, 03:22 AM
I think he'll be the lightweight giant silva

lilp86
05-22-2007, 04:44 AM
I think he'll be the lightweight giant silva
Than you know nothin about the lightweight division. why do you think Diaz did what he did to Gomi cause of his size and reach. All cory needs to do is learn how to use his reach a little better and he will be a great fighter

NixHex
05-22-2007, 07:51 AM
I picked Nate Diaz before the show started and i'm keeping with my pick.

leedogg900
05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
i gotta say nate or joe, my #1 pick is joe though

SimpleJack
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know why, but I picked Wiman.

Thaistylist
05-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I figure Joe will win but a dark horse would be cole miller. He seems to have alot of potential and a well rounded game

perc10
05-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Giant Sivla trained BJJ with the gracies but still nothing,Corey Hill will wash out and maybe be a welterweight later but he sucks and has not even felt some hard strikers, maybe Ill be wrong someday but not today,today he sucks. Maybe Nick Diaz should fight Gomi sober too

lilp86
05-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Giant Sivla trained BJJ with the gracies but still nothing,Corey Hill will wash out and maybe be a welterweight later but he sucks and has not even felt some hard strikers, maybe Ill be wrong someday but not today,today he sucks. Maybe Nick Diaz should fight Gomi sober too
Yeah cause the weed helped him pick Gomi apart standing and I bet it also helped him sink that GoGo. With that statment you proved exactly what I said you know nothing about the lightweights and MMA for that matter prolly cause your a TUF newb its ok though youll get the sport one day

perc10
05-23-2007, 04:41 AM
A newb? Cuz Diaz tested positive for pot Im a newb? You are the undisputed king of lightweight info all lightweight updates filter through you. When some guys smoke pot they get in a zone and have no anxiety. I think Diaz used weed to slow his rhythm and control his emotions. Why dont you run that by your official lightwieght news network and get back to the newb. You are my new hero I will tune into your posts so you can tell me all about TUF and what fighters I should root for.Im sorry it was my mistake for noticing Corey Hill sucks wont happen again boss. Seriously from the bottom of my heart I am sorry.

leelandk
05-23-2007, 04:41 AM
I'd like to see Lauzon and Lil' Diaz meet in the finals.

riggs
05-23-2007, 05:22 AM
When some guys smoke pot they get in a zone and have no anxiety. I think Diaz used weed to slow his rhythm and control his emotions..

Are u serious? He wasnt high when he fought. He might have got high the night before but noone would go into a fight like that on a drug that slows your reflexes. Your either a moron or have never smoked pot. Which ever it is you are so wrong.

riggs
05-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Oh yeah and I picked Diaz. I think its a toss up between him, Manny, Lauzon, and Wiman. Its really gonna come down to matchups.

earle
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I'll go with Manny and Joe Lauzon in the finals and give a slight edge (very slight!) to Manny for ground skills and aggressiveness, though you could hardly put a sheet of paper between the two. Joe is great but Manny just scares me, looks a little stronger too. I guess we'll see this week. Again, Nate is good too but I don't see him finishing off Joe or Manny. On the other hand I think Nate fights like his brother and noone will finish him off either. If he loses it will probably be by decision.

Puffs
05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
im surprised noone has even mentioned gray i think hes got a decent chance.

perc10
05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Are u serious? He wasnt high when he fought. He might have got high the night before but noone would go into a fight like that on a drug that slows your reflexes. Your either a moron or have never smoked pot. Which ever it is you are so wrong.
Some guys are different there are NBA players who do it,I know guys in construction that do it every morning and function better.Personally I'd get killed if I smoked it and did anything. Its easy to quote what you've heard about pot but Ive seen people get better on it,its a matter of who you are. Plus I just said most of it to piss off our in house lightwieght correspondent.

riggs
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I hear what your saying, but I disagree. Maybe cause Im one of the pot smokers that gets high, eats a sandwich, and goes to sleep? I also know alot of construction workers that get high all day during work. They may say it makes them work better but thats a bunch a bs. Ive worked around these guys on a regular and I would take the sober guys any day of the week. This is what forums are for though....differences in opinions

lilp86
05-23-2007, 10:45 PM
A newb? Cuz Diaz tested positive for pot Im a newb? You are the undisputed king of lightweight info all lightweight updates filter through you. When some guys smoke pot they get in a zone and have no anxiety. I think Diaz used weed to slow his rhythm and control his emotions. Why dont you run that by your official lightwieght news network and get back to the newb. You are my new hero I will tune into your posts so you can tell me all about TUF and what fighters I should root for.Im sorry it was my mistake for noticing Corey Hill sucks wont happen again boss. Seriously from the bottom of my heart I am sorry.
No your a newb because of the things you say its pretty easy to spot. and I didnt mean your a newb to TUF I meant your a person who didnt start watching MMA until Tuf was on TV like I said very easy to spot

ArMnHC
05-24-2007, 12:12 AM
how bout we predict how the next round fights are gunna go?

my best guess for fights are:

Lauzon vs. Miller...winner = Lauzon
Corey vs. Melendez...winner = Melendez
Manny G vs. Gray...winner = Gray
Wiman vs. Diaz...winner = Diaz

then:

Lauzon vs. Melendez...winner = Lauzon
Diaz vs. Gray...winner = Diaz

finals will be Lauzon vs. Diaz with Joe winning the whole damn thing!

perc10
05-24-2007, 12:54 AM
I watched the first UFC til like the tenth,then my boss trained with gracieand brought all these fighhts from Pride and UFC I saw all sorts of fights casually through the late nineties. I just dont like Corey Hill, I may not know all the hype behind the fights since I never really got online and looked at backrounds but that doesnt mean I cant watch a fight and tell a guy has been running his mouth beating up mats but gets jammed up when a real dude is in front of him. Ive seen countless lightweight fights and they usually are fast with a finish not a dragout bore that Hill/Emerson was.Im one of the guys that drifted away abit from MMA because I dont want to see guys lay on each other,In the last few years the fights progressively get more explosive strikes and subs and if I'm a newb for liking exciting fights then thats me.