PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to see Rocky 6 when it comes out?

killerinstinct
05-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Rocky 6 is in production who's going to watch it?I know i am if they made a rocky 106 i'd watch it.

Luis Cruz
05-26-2006, 04:04 AM
i'll probably wait until dvd since i gotta buy it anyways to keep my collection of rocky complete.

Alvin
05-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I'll watch it, even after how bad Rocky 5 was. I can't understand how this film is going to work out though, wasn't he too old to fight & brain damaged in 5. What's he supposed to do 15-years later?

Matt Boone
05-26-2006, 10:40 PM
My favorite movies of all time. I've seen a lot of bitching about Rocky 6, like people think it's too many. FUCK THAT! Just like dude said above, I'd go 'til Rocky 106 if they kept making them. I'll be there opening day for this one, and buying the DVD as soon as it comes out to keep up with my collection also.

ROCKY, ROCKY, ROCKY, ROCKY

killerinstinct
05-28-2006, 03:21 AM
yeah as long as they have stallone they have a winning formula.

Matt Boone
05-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Anyone watch Countdown to Tarver-Hopkins on HBO last night? They showed Tarver (Mason "No Line" Dixon in Rocky VI) on set and Stallone on set as well. Movie comes out opening day on December 25th. I think Santa Claus and I will double-date and head to the movies for the holidays this year.

killerinstinct
06-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I'll watch it, even after how bad Rocky 5 was. I can't understand how this film is going to work out though, wasn't he too old to fight & brain damaged in 5. What's he supposed to do 15-years later?
Rocky 5 wasn't bad.You didn't like the streat fight him and tommy gunn had?
They're probably going to make it out that's he's fighting so his family isn't poor anymore.

Afro
06-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Rocky 2 annoyed the piss outta me

im interested to see who Rocky fights.. theres many options, The Rock, Vin Diesel, Debo, Michael Clarke Duncan, Ving Rheigns, Will Smith, etc.

Matt Boone
06-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Rocky II was my favorite of all-time!! Rocky doing the commercials for deodarant, etc. lol!! Plus he finally beats Apollo. "YO Adrian, I did it!"....you kiddin me?

Matt Boone
06-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Rocky is going to be fighting Antonio Tarver playing a character called Mason "No Line" Dixon.

Afro
06-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I forgot that Tarver was in it, im def not gonna see it now

NinjaShogunRua
06-04-2006, 02:41 AM
I thought it was gonna be called "Rocky Balboa" or was that just a working title? Anyway, I read that Adrian is dead in it. Paulie is still alive and kickin' though!

Matt Boone
06-04-2006, 04:54 AM
I think it might be just called "Rocky Balboa" still, not sure. Either way, it's the sixth one lol.

I've also heard something about Adrian being dead or some shit and that Paulie is still rocking.

HIS LUNGS HE'S GONNA PUNCH OUT!

I DON'T SWEAT YOU!

killerinstinct
06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Rocky II was my favorite of all-time!! Rocky doing the commercials for deodarant, etc. lol!! Plus he finally beats Apollo. "YO Adrian, I did it!"....you kiddin me?
the 1st one was best nothing beats an original.

Matt Boone
06-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Obviously the first one was the best, but #2 and #4 were damn close. Most people prefer the fourth one with the Russian. My favorite of all time was the first one, but I've seen it so many times that when I want to watch a Rocky (I got the box set) I usually go for the second one.

killerinstinct
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
here's my favorite rocky's in this order-1st,2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th.

Matt Boone
06-07-2006, 02:00 AM
LOL That's actually completely understandable too. I'd swap 3 and 4 so it's:

killerinstinct
06-07-2006, 07:05 AM
LOL That's actually completely understandable too. I'd swap 3 and 4 so it's:

everyone seems to like the 4th one for some reason.i like the 3rd better b/c it was his toughest opponent to date his trainer just died and he had to switch up his training.the 4th one just seems like too much of a rip off of the 3rd.same story different setting.plus i like it in the 3rd when he's all like "come on tough guy you ain't so bad"to clubber lang

NinjaShogunRua
06-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah I liked the 3rd one as well. You can't go wrong with Clubber Lang and Thunder Lips.

Matt Boone
06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
I didn't like the training stuff in Rocky 3. Rocky 4 training montage's and ESPECIALLY the music for training in Rocky 4. Don't tell me none of you have had that shit playing in the background while lifting weights or shadow boxing one day. I know I have.

killerinstinct
06-21-2006, 06:04 AM
I didn't like the training stuff in Rocky 3. Rocky 4 training montage's and ESPECIALLY the music for training in Rocky 4. Don't tell me none of you have had that shit playing in the background while lifting weights or shadow boxing one day. I know I have.
What??????The 3rd one had that eye of the tiger montage.

Alvin
06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Rocky 3 had Mr T & Hulk Hogan in it. That's a winning formular in anyones books!!!!!

Rocky 4 was good but it relied too much on the USA Vs Russia bollocks.

I'll go with killerinstinct & say it's 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.

If Adrien's dead in the next film I won't be too disappointed. As long as we don't get another miserable cow to take her place giving Rocky a hard time.

He's a wrecking machine!!!!

Tystick357
06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Hell I'll see it eventually. In theaters? Probably not, but I'll be sure to pick it up from Hollywood Video or Blockbuster.

Luis Cruz
06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
tarver got his ass handed to him by hopkins so no one is going to be able to take him serious in the movie, it'll be 'that guy that got an ass whooping' earlier this year. hopkins already spoiled the movie and said who won during the buildup for that fight too. lol i'll buy it on dvd as soon as it comes out, it is still rocky.

Matt Boone
06-21-2006, 10:07 PM
NO spoilers PLZ. Some of us still consider Rocky Balboa to be REAL!

Just kidding. Well, not about the spoilers but the real part. Hoy hoy.

mattsoper
06-24-2006, 12:20 AM
NO spoilers PLZ. Some of us still consider Rocky Balboa to be REAL!

Just kidding. Well, not about the spoilers but the real part. Hoy hoy.

Rocky is real...he lives on in all of us.....gotta love a sweet montage

Matt Boone
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm looking forward to his training montage in this one, that's usually the highlight of a Rocky movie. I'm also wondering how modernized it's going to be. With each movie, they all have their own style kinda thing, but they all tried to be "with the times" in terms of presentation. I don't want a Rocky movie with the bright lights, HBO announce team, all the stupid hoopla. I want a regular Rocky style movie but fear it's going to be attempted to be too current.

WandAXE
06-25-2006, 01:44 AM
2 and 3. 3 was what happens to boxers that stop being hungry. 2 was the best one acting stand point . come on now it dont get more dramatic. When Adrian gets out the coma and tells Rocky to win, fo get about it. 3 eye of the tiger, that song still pumps me up, makes me want to drive the IROC Z28 and sport a mullet, with gold chains on my hairy chest.

NinjaShogunRua
06-25-2006, 04:27 AM
I'm looking forward to his training montage in this one, that's usually the highlight of a Rocky movie. I'm also wondering how modernized it's going to be. With each movie, they all have their own style kinda thing, but they all tried to be "with the times" in terms of presentation. I don't want a Rocky movie with the bright lights, HBO announce team, all the stupid hoopla. I want a regular Rocky style movie but fear it's going to be attempted to be too current.

I know what you mean, it sucks they cast Lampley, Merchant, and Kellerman as the commentators. AJ Benza even has a role. I'll wait till I see some trailers to decide if I want to see it in the theater. May be just a renter for me.

prideFAN
06-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I liked the first 4 movies, but part 5 sucked major ballz!

:afro:

killerinstinct
06-27-2006, 06:30 AM
I liked the first 4 movies, but part 5 sucked major ballz!

5 was okay.How could you not like Tommy Gun?

prideFAN
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
5 was okay.How could you not like Tommy Gun?

No, Tommy didn't suck, just the movie itself. It was pointless and didn't have to made. To tell you the truth their really shouldn't be a part 6.

Matt Boone
06-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey now, as long as they make Rocky movies I'll be watching. I don't care if it's 2021 and Rocky at age 93 gets his dentures knocked out by a modern day Russian bad ass. I'll be in the theaters front row to witness it.

killerinstinct
06-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Hey now, as long as they make Rocky movies I'll be watching. I don't care if it's 2021 and Rocky at age 93 gets his dentures knocked out by a modern day Russian bad ass. I'll be in the theaters front row to witness it.
me too.

nole
06-28-2006, 06:37 AM
i didnt like this clip for like 2 sec then i couldnt stop laughing. watch it, no diss to rocky i love all of them even 5. just watch though
http://www.spoil-sports.com/RockyVI.htm

Matt Boone
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
HAH, someone showed me that a little while back. Funny shit. I thought it was a real commercial for the movie, because the same friend showed me one of those and it wasn't meant to be funny, but came off pretty stupid/humorous.

BDunn
06-29-2006, 07:18 PM
i didnt like this clip for like 2 sec then i couldnt stop laughing. watch it, no diss to rocky i love all of them even 5. just watch though
http://www.spoil-sports.com/RockyVI.htm
I didnt want that clip to end lol

Furious Styles
07-15-2006, 07:53 AM
As far as I know, Survivor recorded the song "Fire Makes Steel" as the new Rocky training song. This will probably be accompanied by Bill Conti's "Gon' Fly Now." for the training sequence. Although I wouldn't mind hearing "Going The Distance," "Heart's On Fire" and that awesome extended version when Rocky runs up the 15,000 ft. mountain in Rocky IV lol

I hope Stallone doesn't take himself too seriously with this film. He will be hardpressed to recreate Rocky, and it seems like that's what he's trying to accomplish. Rocky IV is more of a superhero film than anything else, but it's great fun and entertaining, here's hoping Rocky VI can be the same.

Howie
08-05-2006, 07:24 AM
maybe he'll get a more modernized robot

Salvy_Mic
08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
I wonder if they'll have a melodramatic music montage when another pivotal character dies, the way they did with "No Easy Way Out" after Apollo died.....RIP Apollo. Any hints of James Brown and that bad ass (and bad luck) Living in America entrance, and I'm there for sure.

TheBonger
08-19-2006, 06:27 AM
evidently they are going to play it out as, Rocky making a comeback to fight a few low level fighters and make money, then the Champ calls him out wants to fight blah blah. Dont really care as long as Sly is in there bobbing and weaving i will be there.