PDA

View Full Version : Lauzon in TUF

Diegonightmare
05-22-2007, 03:18 AM
I know there's a TUF board and I'm sure this has been discussed there, but I don't want to risk coming across any kind of spoilers, so please indulge me to keep this question out here for that reason....and please avoid any kind of spoilers in your response...

Why in the world is Joe Lauzon on TUF 5?! He KO'd Jens Pulver for God's sake!

I know that doesn't instantly make him a "better fighter" than Pulver, but my point is, if TUF is some kind of proving ground for prospective fighters, I don't know what Joe would need to prove after KOing Lil' Evil.

Jza
05-22-2007, 03:22 AM
It's easy it's considered an upset and most people still don't really know who he is.
Even if he doesnt win TUF now people will know who he is and then see that he knocked out Jens Pulver and he's instantly making more money.
I'd say he's doing it based off future endorsements especially if he wins than he is because he needs to be on the show.
That however is just my take on it and may not be the reason so if anyone knows any different?

Bullock
05-22-2007, 03:23 AM
He is the one who chose to go on TUF5 and get the extra exposure.

Diegonightmare
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
']He is the one who chose to go on TUF5 and get the extra exposure.
Wow, thanks Bullock. I didn't realize that. That is surprising.

Well, based on his first fight on TUF 5, he's a wild animal. He should have a good future, whether it includes winning TUF 5 or not.

Clint
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Yeah, TUF isn't really a proving ground for prospective fighters. It's a vehicle to get fighters exposure and show their personality (all while hoping they are also talented)

Howie
05-22-2007, 03:28 AM
i think lauzon will end up winning TUF to be honest.

as for your question i never understood it myself but i can understand why he'd want to go on TUF. it's obviously going to be a good learning experience. And exposure doesnt hurt any either

Dork8503
05-22-2007, 03:31 AM
How about i ask him when i interview him. Thats what i was wondering is why he is on the show. Guess we will find out soon enough.

smoogy
05-22-2007, 03:32 AM
Lauzon has fought mainly at 143 lbs from what I can tell. Maybe he figured he needed some more experience at 155?

perc10
05-22-2007, 03:40 AM
The sad thing is alot of guys who are watching spike who dont know who Pulver is,Lauzon is getting signed whether he wins or not watch hes exciting and dana likes him

Bullock
05-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Wow, thanks Bullock. I didn't realize that. That is surprising.

I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not.

Touche.

Ryukuma
05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
you know something ive wondered is how come after he knocked out pulvers, that they never called him back up for another ight. I mean that is huge youd think they would have got him in for more fights and he may even have been famous by now

sandywh
05-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Why not go on TUF? Although the tag line for the show is "1 contract", that's a lie. There are plenty of "losers" that got contracts to fight in UFC. Hamill, Leben, Burkman, etc. If Joe Lauzon can turn whatever results he gets on TUF into a 5,6, or even an 8 fight deal he'd be an idiot not to do it. Win or lose Lauzon now has some stability for at least the next 2+ years. Otherwise he could have stayed fighting in small shows hoping that the UFC would call hoping to use him as a "tune up" or stepping stone" fight for someone else. Its a great business decision.

perc10
05-22-2007, 05:14 AM
He only knocked out Pulver a few months before the show's taping,so he wouldnt have fought that much

TravelinMonty
05-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Last season was vets, "the comeback".... not this season, I agree Lauzon shouldn't be on it nor should've Gabe even though he was a total fuckhead.

That being said the UFC is trying to rebuild the 155 division and probably brought in the best prospects they could...

perc10
05-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Wiman fought in UFC too

BKS
05-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm thinking Team Penn can pull it off with the 3 fighters they have now. All of them performed excellent and will make it as close to the end, atleast until they have to fight amongst themselves.