PDA

View Full Version : High School

SimpleJack
05-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Like Dana said, that was High School crap, but I will bet a 6 month sig that if he smells money from it (Which there will be) Dana will try to sell it. I GUARANTEE IT.

Mirko45
05-25-2007, 05:24 AM
I've never seen someone bust out an armbar in HS

SimpleJack
05-25-2007, 05:27 AM
Good point.......but I still guarantee Dana signs them to a fight with each other. That's the extent of his hypocrisy.

Zenshotokai
05-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Dana makes a good point...trying to move away from this image of UFC and MMA....but this is what makes for "good" television too.

SimpleJack
05-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Definitely. It's not just Dana White, it's television in general and a society issue. I just think it's bad for sports when stuff like that comes up. Especially martial arts, which to me was all about discipline first and foremost. The fact that it makes good TV, and then Dana went on a pedestal about it, and then he'll televise the actual fight, then he'll show clips of it to hype the matchup at UFN is what bothers me.

spinach
05-25-2007, 06:09 AM

:lmfao:

error2k5
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM

I was wondering about that...granted marlon did slam him around, on both instances he never had it sunk in. I was wondering was this guy pulling the armbar with just his arms and not applying force through his legs...a properly applied armbar usually isn't broken that easily. Marlon seemed as if he was completely unaffected by it both times. Nonetheless, this entire fiasco was ridiculous.

Krazikarl
05-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I kind of doubt that we will be seeing Noah again. He wasnt that good. Marlon wasnt that great either. I just dont think that that fight would make the UFC much money (especially since the ratings for TUF5 arent that good), so its a non issue to me.

jbart321
05-25-2007, 06:27 AM
What's funny is that was the best fight of the season so far. Kinda sad.

2mcgrath
05-25-2007, 06:28 AM
i never saw any high kicks in hs ethier

Beatts35
05-25-2007, 07:48 PM
it was a good fight.
it doesn't matter if the these guys aren't the best fighters ever. its all about matchups. and they both matched up pretty well.

i did find it funny that marlone was kinda proud of the fight. he was able to showcase he isn't as bad as his other fight had shown. i think he was kind of itching to fight someone else in the house and show the world he's not a total punk.

scottsec
05-25-2007, 08:10 PM
i never saw any high kicks in hs ethier
Unfortunatly i have. Friend of mine was on receiving end of one in a bar fight. Afterwards the shit became funny but at the time i couldnt fucking beleive it. If it wouldnt have been my friend i wouldve jumped up and high fived the dude. as it was i just picked up my buddy and got outta dodge.:grinsmile1:

klev1
05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Best line of the season so far:

Nate Diaz: Hey Marlon, say something to Noah.

Instigator..hahahaha

AudieMurphy1
05-25-2007, 08:53 PM
What's funny is that was the best fight of the season so far. Kinda sad.

thats not even close to the best fight this season...:banghead:

SimpleJack
05-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I kind of doubt that we will be seeing Noah again. He wasnt that good. Marlon wasnt that great either. I just dont think that that fight would make the UFC much money (especially since the ratings for TUF5 arent that good), so its a non issue to me.
I GUARANTEE you that this fight makes it onto the show.

kickass32
05-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Instigator..hahahaha

That was fucking classic!!!!!!! LOL

Marlon really needs his ass kicked though, just to bring that fricken ego back down to earth!

Beatts35
05-25-2007, 11:03 PM

Instigator..hahahaha

it was a good one.

i agree nate had the best line of the season but it was "We don't know what to do anymore, its like lord of the flies"

Beowulf
05-26-2007, 05:33 AM
can anyone tell me why they kept telling each other "See you in the finals"....

spinach
05-26-2007, 05:48 AM
can anyone tell me why they kept telling each other "See you in the finals"....

I think they both thought that they would get to fight each other at the TUF finale.

perc10
05-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I like Marlon saying street fighting is wrong yet he talks about fighting hordes in the street. Another thing is Noah really a marine cuz most marines I know would have fought til they were held down or KO'd

a cool kid marjusunus k
05-27-2007, 09:13 AM
That was really funny that monstah lobstah got sent home, and it was even funnier that he acted like a referee, the way he was asking them, are you ready, he said it in a funny accent.:fingersmilie: :grinsmile26: :devil: :angrrry: :ahh: :afro: :confusedsmilie::sadsmile1: :grinsmile1: :ass: :banghead: :wavesmile: :blink: :angry4: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: :fingersmilie: