PDA

View Full Version : Tito vs Rich

Metis Machete
07-19-2006, 10:52 PM
who would win in a fight between tito ortiz and rich franklin?

ArMnHC
07-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Tito, Tito, TITO!

BigJoe111
07-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Franklin without a doubt, Tito wouldn't take him down and Franklin is just as dangerous as Liddell on his feet maybe more so.

matto
07-20-2006, 01:18 AM
tito would take him down and win by decision, he is a better wrestler then rich, and there is no way that rich is just as dangerous as chuck on the feet.

killerinstinct
07-20-2006, 01:47 AM
tito would take him down and win by decision, he is a better wrestler then rich, and there is no way that rich is just as dangerous as chuck on the feet.
I agree.Rich would have a big punchers chance though ,but Tito would probably just lay on him and win a descion.There's a weight difference too.

BIG FLO
07-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Rich would win. Every time Tito tries to take Franklin down, he would eat punches. And Rich ain't so bad on the ground anyways. Franklin is so well-rounded. Tito barely got by Forrest, injured or not. Franklin would kick this shit out of Forrest, weight difference or not.

Legend
07-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Tito would win. And Franklin could easly fight at 205 so stop with the weight difference.

paintstik
07-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Franklin by sprawl and brawl all day.

killerinstinct
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Tito would win. And Franklin could easly fight at 205 so stop with the weight difference.
Yeah ,but Tito could fight at HW.There is a weight difference.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Franklin by sprawl and brawl all day.

I AGREE RICH WOULD SPRAWL... BASH TITO FACE AND WIN BY TKO...

matto
07-20-2006, 11:50 PM
ya tito has some muscle, he weights around 220, and he is 2 inches taller then rich, tito would get ko'ed by chuck, but tito is a better wrestler then rich and he would take rich down and might ground and pound to ref stopage but most likely go to decision.

killerinstinct
07-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Matt Hughes walks around at 190 so he could fight at LHW does that mean he's a LHW and there would be no weight difference if he fought Chuck?Rich could make 205 ,but Tito could make HW.There's a size difference and that's what this fight comes down to.Rich would certainly have a punchers chance as Tito has loss to smaller opponents in the past-Frank Shamrock,Lee Murray.

matto
07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
will u stfu about damm lee murry.

people dont understand that almost all fighters, except a lot of heavyweights, dont fight at their natural weight, they fight like 10-20 under their normal weights, sometimes even like 30 pounds. tito is like 220 and rich is like 205 naturally and tito is 2 inches taller and a lot stronger, he is the bigger man and there definatley is a size difference.

killerinstinct
07-21-2006, 12:27 AM
will u stfu about damm lee murry.
God forbid anyone say anything bad about your beloved Tito Ortiz.

matto
07-21-2006, 12:37 AM
lol i hate tito ortiz, he is a trashtalker, i dont like anything about him, he always wins fights by decision and talks shit, and claims that he drove wand out of ufc just for laying on him for 5 rounds. the only good thing about him was his coaching on tuf3, but im sick of that damm lee murry and his stories, u ass hole.:angrrry:

Anza
07-21-2006, 10:38 AM
It would be hard to get Franklin down, he has a BJJ master Jorge Gurgel (all you tuf noobs will say that he sucks, but he has a black belt at BJJ and his own school of bjj..) so he is very good on the ground.

Tito would be KO, but this matchup is only down down for both

Anza
07-21-2006, 10:42 AM
It would be hard to get Franklin down, he has a BJJ master Jorge Gurgel (all you tuf noobs will say that he sucks, but he has a black belt at BJJ and his own school of bjj..) so he is very good on the ground.

killerinstinct
07-21-2006, 04:04 PM

BJJ doesn't focus on takedown defense as that's where they want the fight.Tito has good submission defense though.

AJL416AZ
07-22-2006, 08:22 PM
it's true that Tito carries an advantage in size and wrestling ability. but it doesnt really matter. Ace has a great guard. he can defend from getting TKO'd, and it takes energy to keep him down, enough to burn Tito down to where he can't just shoot in and waste energy when the fight starts up at the feet again.
and if Tito loses his head for a second, and trades with Rich like he tried against Forrest while trying to look for the takedown, he will get his ass KTFO-d.

anyways, despite the size diff, i would love to see this fight happen, just for the chance to see Tito get that big Quarry KO

thunderlips
07-31-2006, 10:07 PM
it's true that Tito carries an advantage in size and wrestling ability. but it doesnt really matter. Ace has a great guard. he can defend from getting TKO'd, and it takes energy to keep him down, enough to burn Tito down to where he can't just shoot in and waste energy when the fight starts up at the feet again.
and if Tito loses his head for a second, and trades with Rich like he tried against Forrest while trying to look for the takedown, he will get his ass KTFO-d.

anyways, despite the size diff, i would love to see this fight happen, just for the chance to see Tito get that big Quarry KO

That would never happen, titos defense to strikes is too good, why the fuck do people say he squeaked by forrest, forrest maybe got 4 shots on tito the whole fuckin fight. Tito would beat franklin.

AJL416AZ
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
That would never happen, titos defense to strikes is too good, why the fuck do people say he squeaked by forrest, forrest maybe got 4 shots on tito the whole fuckin fight. Tito would beat franklin.

what strike defense? randy worked that defense. chuck worked it too. forrest only hurt him a few times, but his jab always stuck, and he constantly connected.

Ace is at least on the level of Randy's boxing, even though his hands arent as heavy as Chuck's its quite enough to knock out Tito. on the feet, Tito doesn't have enough power to get a knockout, enough to rock him, but Ace's hands are way better, and way heavier, despite that suspect chin.

and it's because Tito did squeak past him. Tito got the first round, but his injuries started causing him problems, and he essentially gassed. don't jump in with some nuthugger HE NEVER GASSES, because in the late 2nd and early 3rd, he was too gassed/injured to take Forrest down, and he was losing the striking battle.

steelebone
08-01-2006, 03:47 PM
When Mezger had to pull out of their fight, they offered Tito a fight with Franklin and Tito turned it down saying to short of notice. Probably a good move on Titos part.

supermark21
08-01-2006, 04:46 PM
rich would win. easily probably. tito wouldnt take him down. he would lay back and cover up. then go home lock his doors and start talking shit

thunderlips
08-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Although ace has a good sprawl, Tito would find a way to take him down and feed him elbows on that suspect chin.

ArMnHC
08-06-2006, 03:34 AM
rich would win. easily probably.

the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard...

ArMnHC
08-06-2006, 03:38 AM
what strike defense? randy worked that defense. chuck worked it too. forrest only hurt him a few times, but his jab always stuck, and he constantly connected.

Ace is at least on the level of Randy's boxing, even though his hands arent as heavy as Chuck's its quite enough to knock out Tito. on the feet, Tito doesn't have enough power to get a knockout, enough to rock him, but Ace's hands are way better, and way heavier, despite that suspect chin.

and it's because Tito did squeak past him. Tito got the first round, but his injuries started causing him problems, and he essentially gassed. don't jump in with some nuthugger HE NEVER GASSES, because in the late 2nd and early 3rd, he was too gassed/injured to take Forrest down, and he was losing the striking battle.

thats thew second most ridiculous thing ive heard. Forrest constantly connected with AIR! and i think it was you who said you'd wanna see Tito get the Quarry KO...would never happen. LMFAO at some of the stuff I'm reading. With that said, this would be a great fight nonetheless. Rich's hands aren't as heavy as Chuck's, and look how many bombs Chuck landed before finally taking Tito down and out...i rest my case.

AJL416AZ
08-06-2006, 04:03 AM
how many bombs Chuck landed when? he threw a lot of punches that were blocked when he covered up and stood against the cage. all the shots that Chuck solidly landed hurt Tito, and the big bombs that he threw, the only solidly connecting punch slid right through the guard and KTFO'd his ass
and when i say Forrest connected, i was still talking about his jab. he kept landing stiff jabs, not enough to hurt, but enough to score points and distract Tito.

and i probably said i'd love to see Tito get Quarry'd, just because i dont like him. but i do agree that it would be a great fight. i never said that it'd be easy, but Ace has his advantages in this fight, and Tito is still the consistent strength and cardio animal he's been for a while

WandAXE
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I agree.Rich would have a big punchers chance though ,but Tito would probably just lay on him and win a descion.There's a weight difference too.
There aint no dif. Rich is the same as Tito I think he would win this fight he is way better technically ( WoW).

steelebone
08-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Tito would stop Rich by gnp late in the fight. Heavy hands? Besides Quarry who's Franklin ever Ko'd, Dewees wow big win

Afro
08-06-2006, 02:35 PM
whoever voted for Tito must be out there damn minds

killerinstinct
08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Tito would stop Rich by gnp late in the fight. Heavy hands? Besides Quarry who's Franklin ever Ko'd, Dewees wow big win
He beat Tanner up pretty good twice.Not KOes ,but impressive nonetheless.

Mac
08-06-2006, 05:29 PM
They both fought Tanner. Tito desrtoyed him while Franklin had a little tougher time with him (their 2nd fight went 4 rounds). Anyone who says Franklin would win is just a Tito Hater.

AJL416AZ
08-06-2006, 06:58 PM
well, i guess Evan Tanner twice, Ken Shamrock, Robertp Ramirez are just not (T)KO's on his record. i must not be able to read

wait no, you're retarded. Ace is a very good striker, with accuracy and technique. Tito's been hurt bad before, but his chin is decent. But Ace will hit him fast and hard, enough to score a TKO if the two of them stand. and Ace is very skilled on his back, even though Tito has good sub defense, but Ace is just so skilled and well-rounded

AJL416AZ
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
They both fought Tanner. Tito desrtoyed him while Franklin had a little tougher time with him (their 2nd fight went 4 rounds). Anyone who says Franklin would win is just a Tito Hater.

nice argument. since Tanner fights at 185 and is shredded, while Tito fights ripped at 205, i guess there's no strength/power disadvantage. this was during Tito's bullshit defense of his "middleweight" title, showcasing his size and strength advantage because he was fighting at 199 against a 185 contender.

and good defense, straw man. if you favor Ace because of his superb ability, you're just a hater. super smart

Bullock
08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Franklin would knock Tito out.

killerinstinct
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Tito was able to over power and slam a guy much smaller than him and than never give him a rematch.that's way more impressive than Ace fighting his heart out and brutalizing the than MW champion of the UFC huh?

CreepingDeth
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
When did Murray beat Tito? With the whole weight difference, the only time Rich has fought at 185 is his last three fights.

CreepingDeth
08-06-2006, 10:00 PM
MY mistake he has fought 185 besides that but he has just as many if not more 205 fights than 185

Afro
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Different fighting styles buddy, Franklin pretty much boxed Tanner to death.. Tito is a wrestler.. both won decisvely but Tito fought Tanner YEARS AGO hes well-worst now then he was then and Ace is in his prime, whoever thinks Tito would win is just dillusional