PDA

View Full Version : TUF3 guys

GracieAlumni
05-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Is it just me or am I the only one that thought tonights fight was in Slow motion... I mean Damn Ed's Elbows looked powerful but in a fight against someone decent his speed sucks ass majorly...and do you think that if ED and Matt fought if ED bumped up I think Ed would be the only guy that could give Matt a Fit in the Octagon!

killerinstinct
05-26-2006, 12:08 AM
I think Bisping will give Matt a fit.I think Bisping will fuck matt up.

GracieAlumni
05-26-2006, 12:09 AM
The Deaf man is gonna Rule UFC that man has got one GR8 Wrestling Game... all he can do is IMPROVE....

Submission Fighter
05-26-2006, 12:45 AM
wht can you say about the TUF3 guys? I think Ed can give Hughes or Franklin a fight. Bisping and Hamil are both future champs. Hamil would beat Hughes in wrestling.

GracieAlumni
05-26-2006, 12:47 AM
MATTS a GR8 Wrestler... his upper body has to be dominate... Hes a future Randy Cotour!

arashikagepunishment
05-26-2006, 01:29 AM
i can't wait to see Matt in the octagon next week. i feel sorry for the dude though since danny won't be around anymore. good thing he can't hear though cause i'm sure the guys on the outside are going to give him hell. since most of the guys don't like him.

killerinstinct
05-26-2006, 01:34 AM
I don't like him either.he's still young and can be caught in a sub.dean caught him in a bunch of subs the first day.

GracieAlumni
05-26-2006, 01:47 AM
i will like next weeks fight.. i think it will be a good one. i think even team ortiz will be rooting for Shamrocks guy...

killerinstinct
05-26-2006, 01:52 AM
now that danny's gone matt won't have a whole lotta friends in the tuf house.plus they all want him gone b/c no one wants to fight him.he fucking out wrestles everyone on that show with no hands.bisping would beat matt though.

GracieAlumni
05-26-2006, 02:09 AM
I guess we shall see come next week i like bispings tats.. they are cool i liked Ed's tribal too

killerinstinct
05-26-2006, 02:13 AM
mike nichels has a bunch of tats.

GracieAlumni
05-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I wanna see Ed and Leben fight... i think that would be a gr8 bout..

Anthony
05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Is it just me or am I the only one that thought tonights fight was in Slow motion... I mean Damn Ed's Elbows looked powerful but in a fight against someone decent his speed sucks ass majorly...and do you think that if ED and Matt fought if ED bumped up I think Ed would be the only guy that could give Matt a Fit in the Octagon!

I want to let you know, that you posted this in the wrong forum AND you spoiled the fight for me. Thanks alot. :rolleyes:

Afro
05-26-2006, 02:20 PM
No one in the LHW division on TUF can beat Bisping.

LA Suxs
05-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i'm going wit Hamill, he's a really sick wrestler. i havent heard much complaints about his submission defense either so that means he could just ground N pound Bisping into a decision

Afro
05-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I cant see Hamill NOT getting caught with a hook from Bisping or even a kick while tryna take him down, Bisping is amazing on his feet

Im sure Matt is better then we know of, so far we know hes a great wrestler well.. being a wrestler alone does no good for you in MMA see Josh Koschek, but Matt trains with Rich Franklin so im sure he can throw hands too.. but Bisping is too dominate to be beaten.

fe4tw
05-26-2006, 09:10 PM
MATTS a GR8 Wrestler... his upper body has to be dominate... Hes a future Randy Cotour!

Or a future Severn, Coleman, or Randleman... and the only thing we've really seen Matt do (on TUF at least) is sprawls, which seem to be pretty good against the other TUF guys. I don't know how great of a wrestler he is, we've only heard about it. And the show loves to build hype, so it's hard to tell from that.

LA Suxs
05-26-2006, 09:23 PM
he's a 2x NCAA div III champ, thats nothing to look down at. i've heard of him before when he had this whole media coverage and he was pretty dominant. yes it D3 i know but in his case he didn't have too many D1 options considering special education for being deaf. so he could've done damage at D1 too being that he was very dominant D3

fe4tw
05-26-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm not looking down on him or his wrestling, I'm just saying his wrestling alone isn't going to take him to the top and he most likely won't be as successful as Randy.

LA Suxs
05-26-2006, 10:42 PM
well actually his success may not have to do much wit his skills but more wit the level of comeptition that will be brought into UFC soon. Couture was a great persona for MMA, but often his achievements were very exclaimed. he never had a succesful LHW defense and people kept trying to put him as the #1 LHW for a long time. and he cut down the weight from HW after being beaten by Ricco and Barnett, not cause of lack of competition

Kimuras"R"Us
05-30-2006, 03:38 PM
You think Ed could give Hughes or Franklin a fight? Not so fast my friend.

I think the only people who have a chance of taking out Matt are Bisping and to a lesser extent Jesse. I don't think anyone with poor to average striking skills will beat Matt. Due to his outworldly wrestling skills, I think the people with the best striking power, like a Bisping, are the only people who could knock him out from a stand up. Once Matt gets anyone on the ground I think it's lights out. Even with Mike Nickels winning the gold in BJJ I don't think he'll have time to snap Matt in anything.... Anyone else's thoughts on that, whether you agree with me or not I'm bored.

killerinstinct
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
mattv was caught in a lot of submissions by lister during the 1st day of training plus he's still inexperienced so i think he's subseptable to submissions ,but i don't think anyone caught him in a sub.spike wouldn't to all that advertizing for a loser.

kdude87
05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
As much as i wish Hamill to win, he doesn't. im about 90% sure of this.

killerinstinct
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
What makes you so sure?

kdude87
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
there was one of those TUF type pictures posted at CFZ awhile ago that showed Bisping and Nickels squaring off.

kdude87
05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
check it out:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/rbk3/finals9st.jpg

The_Nightmare
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
I can't wait to see the long awaited fight from Tito's first pick. I'll admit he is good I'm talking about the deaf guy. Was he really an olympic wrestler or is that all a build up because I think someone that knows that much about Greco Roman Wrestling has to be good.

killerinstinct
06-01-2006, 12:10 AM
he wasn't an olympian i believe he wrestled division-1 and was very good.

killerinstinct
06-01-2006, 12:12 AM
there was one of those TUF type pictures posted at CFZ awhile ago that showed Bisping and Nickels squaring off.
matt probably got caught in submission than.if that's true.i figure he is subseptable.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
If you go to The Ultimate Fighter website there are in depth bios for all the contestants that are pretty interesting... just thought I'd share since you asked about Hamil's background.

LA Suxs
06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
mattv was caught in a lot of submissions by lister during the 1st day of training plus he's still inexperienced so i think he's subseptable to submissions ,but i don't think anyone caught him in a sub.spike wouldn't to all that advertizing for a loser.

umm yea if you knew Lister then you should know thats no big deal. I dunno if i trust the pic. I think Matt will win, they messed up in the firstseason, i doubt they'll let these stuff leak

oh and Matt was 2x D3 champ

Anthony
06-02-2006, 03:09 AM

Well you still could be 90% right, but your reasoning is wrong. :grinsmile4: