| | Jones Calzaghe: Afterthoughts?
This was a hard fight to watch for me, seeing Roy bleed like he did. With that said, I am wondering about everyone's afterthoughts on the fight now that you have had some time to mull it over.
1. What's with Roy's cut? Didn't seem like the corner did a good job of taking care of him. I saw a pretty bad headbutt that could almost seem intentional from Calzaghe after Roy was cut. I think it was the 6th.
2. Roy seems to be at about half the speed he used to have in his prime. Maybe 65%.
3. The commentators did a great job.
4. Jones in his prime could beat Calzaghe. If Calzaghe would have stuck his head out at Jones in his prime like he did this fight, someone in the upper deck would be taking it home as a souvenir, because Jones would have knocked it off.
5. Jones shouldn't retire, but, should stick to fighting other boxing legends that are slightly past their prime. Many of the greatest fights are like that, they both slow down enough to make it a great fight.
6. Calzaghe is badass, should not retire just yet. 3 more fights, have a "farewell tour" like Hoya.
I'm a bit biased to Jones obviously, so there's no need to point that out. I know I'm a "mark".
Any other feelings about the fight or the fighters' future?
Goodbye Mr. Burton
All in the reflexes Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice