A couple of general MMA questions (Sylvia, Hess, Belfort, etc...)
I have seen a few things posted around that I was wondering if someone could clear up for me:
1. Was Vitor Belfort really 15 when he knocked the crap out of Jon Hess? He looks young in the video, but 15? If so, did he lie about his age or was the fight held in a country with less than discrimanating rules?
2. How many times had Tim Sylvia tested positive for steroids? I saw a late night infomercial (competeing against the Girls Gone Wild infomercial on another station) for the SuperBrawl DVDs and he was in it. He looked a hell of a lot more ripped than he does now.
3. What is the UFC punishment for testing positive? 1 Year suspension? 6 months?
4. Who has given Fedor Emelianenko his biggest challege to date? Was the fight with Tsuyoshi Kohsaka were he lost due to a cut pretty even or was it a lucky blow? All his fights that went to decision were unaminous, so that tells me that he pretty much dominated the matches even if he didn't score the KO.
5. Has Tank Abbott fallen off the face of the Earth?
6. Is PRIDE accused of fixing fights due to Yakuza involvement or are they just taking crap because the Yakuza are part owners (yeah, I know it is a little more complicated than that, but you get the picture...)?
Thanks in advance.
1. Sorry, but I made the remark about Vitor being 15, but it was a typo. Vitor was 18.
4. Fedor's tightest match in my opinion was against Ricardo Arona in Rings.
5. Tank was scheduled to fight at Cage Rage 18 last month, but his opponent injured himself & the fight got cancelled.
6. I've not heard that Pride have ever fixed fights. As far as I know they're only in trouble cos of the mafia connections.
1. I'm pretty sure he was 18.
2. Tim Sylvia has test positive for steroids once. He used them for his fight against Gan McGee.
3. It's the NSAC that suspends the fighters not the UFC. Usually the title is automatically stripped and the fighter is suspended for amount of days based on prior history.
4. Mirko did a pretty good job against Fedor, Fedor controlled the match more but Mirko was doing a better job on the ground than most though, and marked Fedor up. Fujita rocked Fedor, but couldn't finish him. Fedor recovered to choke him out in the 1st round. I heard Arona gave him a good match in his 3rd fight, but never saw that one. I never saw the 1st fight with TK either. Some say it was a bogus stoppage though.
5.Tank was last seen tapping to Yoshida in Pride last year. I believe he's supposed to have a fight with Butter Bean coming up.
6. Pride has been accused of worked matches since the beginning, especially Takada's matches.
Nobuhiko Takada. Takada is famous in Japan for his pro wrestling. I don't really follow the pro wrestling scene though. He was a D Level Pride Fighter with a 2-5 or 2-6 record, can't remember exactly. Nothing is really special about him other than his Pro Wrestling fame. His match vs Coleman is one of his most notorious works. I've read that Coleman even says how much of a joke that match was.
Takada was the guy Rickson Gracie beat twice in early Pride (1 & 4 I think).
There's been worked (fixed) fights in mma for years (UFC has had them) but I don't think the Yakuza had anything to do with it. I could be wrong.
yeah I'm not sure about the Yakuza stuff either. I wouldn't rule it out though. Pancrase is notorious for early works also.
What UFC fights were fixed?
3. I know for sure when it looked like Fedor was in trouble, vs Randleman. Randleman gave Fedor the nastiest suplex ive ever seen. Fedor looked like he landed right on his head. It did little damage though and Fedor got the sub. Ive seen the fight vs TK. The cut happens right away. TK hit him with an elbow and im pretty sure that it was an illegal move in rings but they needed someone to continue in the tornament so tk got the win.
somone should post that fight
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.