| || |
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Join Date: Apr 2007
i would have
2. chuck liddell (I know people are goin 2 slate that but i dont fell macida, forrest or jardine deserve 2 be second)
im doin ufc only, if it was overall probaly would change tito with arona,
i would have hendo 2nd but not counting him as he is fighting silva for the mw title at ufc 82
2. chuck liddell, I know people are goin 2 slate that but i dont fell macida, forrest or jardine deserve 2 be second
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Join Date: May 2006
4. W. Silva
10. T. Silva
hmmmmmm... here's mine
1. Rampage - *Undisputed*
2. Shogun - although he lost to Griffin he's still 16-3 with wins over Arona, Jackson, Nogueira and Overeem under his belt. 12 fights won in a row(I'm not including the Coleman loss because neither really won or loss)
3. Liddell - although losing to Jardine and Jackson he finished the year up with a win over Wandy, and he was on a 7 fight win streak before a loss to Jackson beating horn,Couture 2x's,Ortiz 2x's & Sobral. The only thing that puts him under Shogun is the two consecutive losses.
4. Jardine - Beat Chuck by dec, but got KO'ed by a no-name(Alexander) brutaly KO'ed Griffin beat Gouveia and got cheated out of a Bonnar win. (Jardine and Griffin could be flipped back and forth in the rankings)
5. Griffin - Beat Shogun and Hector Ramirez but got Ko'ed by Jardine. Beat Bonnar and lost a close decision to Ortiz. He was riding a five fight win streak before that
6. W.Silva - lost 3 great fights to Chuck, Hendo & Cro Cop. But beat Fujita and Arona after losing to Arona by dec. Beat Nakurama & Yoshida lost to Hunt but was riding like 14 fight win streak not including a draw with Cro Cop. (Beat Jackson 2x's and Hendo once during that streak)
7. Machida - 12-0 great record with wins over Soko, BJ Penn, Bonnar & Franklin. But who has he beaten in the LHW division? Hoger, Heath, White, Bonner, Nakurama & Soko (not a very impressive list besides Soko) with two more wins in LHW he'll be top 3
8. Sokoudjou - Beat Arona and Nog but was dominated by Machida and he's only had 6 pro fights losing 2 of them so you can't throw him up there just yet.
9. Arona - He hasn't fought since April 07 an lost his last fight by KO to Soko. Beat Overeem lost to Silva & Rua but was riding a 4 fight win streak before then with names like Silva, Sakuraba and Lister under his belt. Lost a heartbreaker to Jackson before that but was riding I think a 6 fight win streak. (The only thing keeping him above Silva is the fighters he's beaten)
10. T.Silva - 12-0 great record. But again who has he beaten worth recognizing? Alexander and Irvin (feel free to throw names in the pot)
Last edited by The Iceman; 01-11-2008 at 01:27 PM.
01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Status: wouldn't fight Fedor
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milledgeville, GA
Originally Posted by jokerthief
Why no Shogun or Wandy?
Like I said, I had a hard time with this. Wandy was an easy reason...he's lost his last three fights, whereas Chuck just beat him pretty convincingly, Soko has two huge wins in his last three fights, Jardine just beat Chuck, Forrest just beat Shogun and is now the number one contender, Thiago Silva just took out Houston.
In hindsight, Shogun should probably replace Soko...but at this point, I wouldn't rank him much higher than that. A dominant performance in his next fight would shoot him up to the number two or three spot IMO.
3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.
| || |
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM.
Quick Member Login
Top 5 Latest Threads
Latest MMA News