Ramma's Fighter of the Month Poll (June)
It’s that time of the month. It is time for you guys to vote. Who was the best fighter in the month of June?
Things to remember:
1. You should vote on who you believe performed the best in the month.
2. You shouldn’t vote on who you believe is the best fighter. This is not a favorite fighter poll either.
3. Feel free to explain your choice (especially if you picked “Other”) or question the choice of others. Debate Away! But debate with some tact and intelligence.
4. For those who have trouble picking a fighter: measure the quality of the opponent he/she beat, how often was he/she dominant, (how) did he/she finish the fight, did he/she beat the other fighter at his/her own game, etc.
5. Do you think a fighter who lost or an unlisted fighter had the best performance? Select the other option.
May Results (93 Votes)
Last Month’s Winner: Wanderlei Silva (42 Votes: 45.16% of the Votes)
Last Month’s Runner-Up: B.J. Penn (31 Votes: 33.33% of the Votes)
Thompson. He was a huge underdog, yet dominated. He also proved himself, and sort of helped to dissolve some of the myth around el nino.
I just quick picked Alves. He totally dominated Hughes.
No Kevin Burns??? FOR SHAME
so being 0-0 and completley winning TUF after beating the season veteran twice is worth nothing?? Sadollah deserves this, leaps and bounds over alves, thomson is the only close one.
i picked torres cause that fight to me was one of the best of the year
at first i was confused cause the poll title and thread title are not the same (poll says may 2008)....sorry to nitpick
anyway, i voted for AMIR....100%
runner-up: Josh Thomson
Yea Amir ended up getting a UFC contract after being 0-0 and Thiago did have his biggest victory over Hughes but as Ramma underlined, who performed the best?
No fighter comes close to having a better performance this month than than Thomson. He ran a clinic in there. Amir and Alves didn't run any sort of clinic. They had a lot of meaning behind their wins but that doesn't equate to amazing performance. Thomson just outclassed one of the top lws in the world for 25 minutes straight.
Read Ramma's fourth point.. " 4. For those who have trouble picking a fighter: measure the quality of the opponent he/she beat, how often was he/she dominant, (how) did he/she finish the fight, did he/she beat the other fighter at his/her own game, etc."
On a separate note, the poll for July is going to be insane. :dancingsmile:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.