I have never seen Frank fight. Have been trying to get a hold of footage but have not seen any yet. Here is what I know about Frank:
1. He left the UFC as a Champ in September, 1999
2. In he last fight, he beat Tito. Was Tito's 6th MMA fight ever.
3. From 2000 - to the present, he has fought exactly 3 MMA fights, against opponents that have a combined record of about .500
4. One of the fights was against Elvis Sinosic, who i would not consider to be a top notch fighter. Had to go to a decision after 5 rounds.
5. He is 1-2 career vs. Bas Rutten, losing his last two.
6. I will assume that he is at least 35 years old, considering he started fighting MMA in 1994, but this is really just a guess.
Now I am not bashing Frank because I have never seen him fight. But with as much innactivity and weak competition he has had in the last 6 years, how would he be able to step in the ring now with top notch competition today? Would he really have a chance against an elite LHW or MW like Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei or Hendo to name a few?
Tell me I am crazy and why he would still be able to compete at whatever level he did 7 years ago. People on this site speak very highly of him and hold him up to the fighters of today. Can he still be elite today?
Last edited by rugoatee; 10-24-2006 at 08:46 PM.