In case someone on here hasn't read - FCF - Mixed Martial Arts Council UFC Rules update 6/99
You need a dominating round to get a 10-8 (or a 10-9 with a 1 point deduction)
M. Domination Criteria
1. A Judge may determine that a fighter dominated his opponent in a round. This can lead to a two point or more difference on a Judge's scorecard.
2. The definition of a dominating round is a fighter's ability to effectively strike, grapple and control his opponent.
3. A Judge may determine a round was dominating if a fighter was adversely affected by one of the following:
-knocked down from standing position by clean strike
-by submission attempt
-from a throw
-from clean strikes either standing or grounded.
C. Point Totals
1. two fighters who draw are given a score of 10-10
2. the fighter who wins a round is given a score of 10-9
3.The fighter who dominates a round is given a score of 10-8 (a score of 10-7 is possible for a dominant round)
4.For each foul a fighter commits, a point is subtracted. This deduction can change a winning round to a draw. 9-9
I'd call the first round 10-8, but I'd have to rewatch the last round to see if it could have been 10-8 the other way.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a 10-7. There would have to be multiple knockdowns and at the point you are thinking 10-7, the ref should have probably called the fight.