Originally Posted by Masscore
So lets just get this straight, you are comparing Kevin Randleman's MMA ability to Rashad Evans' MMA ability? I just wanted to make sure before he keep going.
First off that comparison, while I understand why you might think it, is way off. Evans is a better striker then Randleman so Rampage never had to worry about Randleman standing and only had to worry about takedowns. Evans could possibly stay standing the whole time with Rampage and outpoint him. So right there is a major flaw in that thinking.
You argument about Power negating Speed makes no sense. Time and time again in all combat sports (Boxing, Kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ, you can pretty much name it) speed has beaten power.
And I will give you all those points about Rampage, I am not arguing any of them. He has all those things you listed. But the only one he uses now is Power/Good Chin. If he used his good takedowns and grappling, Rampage would still be champion probably. So you can actually throw the takedowns and grappling out the door because Rampage is not about to take anyone down anymore.
Also, did you even watch Liddell v. Evans? How was Liddell kicking his ass? Did Liddell win the first round, yea he did. But it was not like he knock Evans down and blooded him up. It was a fairly close round that Liddell only won because Evans used it to set him up in round 2. Remember, Evans sat back the entire time and waited for Liddell to come in so he could counter. Ortiz v. Evans was almost 3 years ago back when Ortiz mattered and Evans was an up and comer. I will give you Thiago's 3rd round against Evans, but at the same as I mentioned earlier in this thread I believe Thiago is a heavier hitter then Rampage at this point. Just watch the Jardine fight, Rampage hit him clean a few times and Jardine never was shut down. Thiago shut Jardine down before the 2 min mark. Also in the last 4 years, Rampage has only KOed 3 people (Eastman, Liddell and Wandy).
Finally, Rampage is about as mentally tough as a grade schooler. He looks like he is walking around at 250 at the moment, he has not fought in a while and I truly do not think he wants to fight anymore. He is only taking this fight to save face because he has been called out non-stop now for several months.
1. Speed does not always beat power.
- Brandon Vera should have beaten Randy Couture
- Vitor Belfort should have beaten Randy Couture
- Frank Mir should have never lost to Brock Lesnar
- Cung Lee should have beaten Scott Smith
- Kenny Florian should have beaten BJ Penn
- GSP should have never lost to Matt Hughes
- Melvin Manhoef shouldn't have lost to Mousasi
- Houston Alexander shouldnt have lost to Kimbo Slice
- Wandy shouldn't have gotten knocked out by Rampage
- Noone should have ever lost to Tim Sylvia
- Randleman shouldnt have lost to Rampage
2. How many people have you seen Thiago knock out. Now compare that to Rampages knock outs. You cant look at one fight then go on to say this person has better knock out power. Then again you did say thats your opinion and you have a right to it ofcourse.
3. Rampage has had more than double the fights that Rashad has. In the last 4 years how many times has Rampage been knocked out. In the last 4 years how many times has Rashad been knocked out.
4 While we are on the topic take in mind that Rampage has more experience than Rashad. This is skillset thats often overlooked.
5. Assuming Rashad didn't recently learn MT what does Rashad bring to the table that Page hasnt dealt with already? Has Rampage ever been knocked out with hand strikes or head kicks?
6. Rampage used his wrestling quite well against Dan Henderson. Like Kos and Matt Hughes he chooses to keep it standing. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking he cant get a takedown if he wants to. Out of curiousity do you think Rashad can even beat Dan Henderson or Wandy?
7. What noteable names has Rashad knocked out?
The one valid point you made that I agree with is Rampage's possible ring rust and the fact that he has probably lost interest in fighting. You also said Rampage is saving face by agreeing to fight Rashad. Do you believe he intends on letting Rashad kick his ass? If so how is that saving face if anything thats even worse given their history.
Btw my narcs are kicking in so excuse any typos. Im jacked up on Oxycodone lol.