Top Ten all time part 2(weight class does not matter)
Top Ten all time(weight class does not matter) LETS DO Again..it has been about 18 monthes since the last time.
So who you guys got? This is going to be very subjective (even worse than regular rankings), but screw it, it is for fun. Also, this is a quick list cause I am bored...But I am pretty happy with my list
1. Royce Gracie (he is the daddy and most important fighter so far)To me, we would not have this sport without him
2. Anderson (still breaking all the UFC records)
3. Fedor (well…one hell of a record and a who’s who of wins)
4. Wandy (5 year stretch in Pride where he was 18 and 0)
5. Randy (He has 5 belts in two weight classes, enough said)
6. GSP (The new WW King)
7. Matt Hughes (longtime king of the WW division)
8. BJ (Best LW to walk the planet so far, Great skill-set)
9. Chuck (Longtime ruler of the LHW division)
10. Big Nog (Pride HW and UFC HW champ)
if jones retains against henderson he has to be on the list
probably should be more asian based fighters but my viewership of asian-jmma is limited
royce doesnt do it for me, ive always thought what forrest and bonnar did for the sport was greater, if the royce era hadnt existed it would have been okay because it wasnt a sport or mixed martial arts back then, yes he imspired alot but there were others doing it before him
and in a way at this point the memories of that distant past are holding back the ufc not helping them. besides hughes beat his ass
ZUFFA and later the TUF came along later and at a better time for the creation of the sport of mixed martial arts to arise.
I'd replace Chuck with Hendo, just based on the people Hendo has fought and beat vs. who Chuck has fought and beat. Hendo's resume is a bit more impressive.
3. Dan Henderson
4. Randy Couture
6. Matt Hughes
7. Big Nog
8. A. Silva
9. Bj Penn
I'm sure i've missed a few people.. but those are my top 10 from off the top of my head.
My top ten
I really wanted to put Genki and Gomi in my list but just couldn't do it but they are right there for me Also Pulver is up there so is Liddel, and Coleman
1. Fedor - undefeated for 10 years and fought the best the HW division had to offer.
2. GSP - Has avenged every loss he has had and has made beating world class Top 10 P4P fighters look insanely easily.
3. Silva - Has been the MW kingpin since 2006 and looked just about unstoppable during that run.
4. Hughes - Most dominate champion in the history of MMA. 7 title defense, 6 stoppages, 3 in the first round.
5. Hendo - Maybe the most accomplished on this list with winning tournys and holding titles in just about every major MMA org that has ever existed.
6. Liddell - Arguably the best LHW of all time. Never went the distance in a title fight and KO'd a who's-who of MMA during his era.
7. Wandy - Right up there with Liddell, would be higher if his record was not filled with cans.
8. Jones - No one can ignore the run he has been on. If he can keep this up he will break into upper level.
9. Aldo - Arguably the best fighter to ever step into MMA under 170 pounds. Has basically looked unstoppable over the past few years.
10. Cruz - Can make an argument he is the best fighter to ever fight under 170 pounds. Has avenged his only loss and if he had more finishes would be higher on the list.
Bones and Aldo could be up there but I think it's still early and Cruz I just don't see.
Jones: 16-1 (3 defenses)
Aldo: 22-1 (5 defenses)
Cruz: 20-1 (4 defenses)
Out of the three, Cruz is the only one to avenged his only loss. I know Jones's loss is only on a loss on paper because he was killing Hamil but still. Out of all the loses Cruz's lose is to one of the best fighters of all time in Faber. You can not say that about Aldo or Jones.
Cruz has fought 6 straight fights against Top 5 BWs. Benny (ranked #5), Bowles (Ranked #1), Benny (Ranked #2), Jogersen (Ranked #5), Faber (Ranked #3) and Johnson (Ranked #5). When he fights Barao that will be 7 in a row because Barao will be ranked #2. He is always fighting the best BWs in the world. There are no Cotes, no Lietes, no Hardys, no Hominicks, no Sanchezs. Aldo in his last 6 fights has only fought 3 Top 5 FWs (Brown, Faber and Mendes) and Jones in his last 6 fights has only fought 4 Top 5 LHWs (Shogun, Rampage, Machida and Evans). Right now Cruz is on one of the longest murders row streaks in MMA history. Find another fighter that has fought 6 straight fights against Top 5 fighters. You can't.
So there is my rant for Cruz. The guy does not nearly get the credit he deserves and I can only hope one day people look past the fact he was a Bantamweight and look at what he did.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.