| || |
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Location: Where I live? No I ask the questions here
| | 2009 World Grand Prix Results (SPOILERS)
K-1 legend Semmy Schilt made history today in Yokohama, picking up his fourth K-1 World Grand Prix title — tying him with Ernesto Hoost, who was also a four-time champ — and doing it faster than any other kickboxer before him. Schilt needed just 5:52 of combined fight time to tear apart Jerome Le Banner, defending World GP champion Remy Bonjasky, and Badr Hari; not exactly an easy draw for the 6'11" Dutchman. The final-round victory over Hari avenged a 45-second knockout loss to the Golden Boy that Schilt suffered earlier this year at It's Showtime 2009 Amsterdam. |
Despite all the horsemeat, Alistair Overeem only made it to the semi-finals of today's tournament. The Demolition Man came out in ferocious fashion, putting Ewerton Teixeira to sleep with a thunderous knee in the quarterfinals. But his semi-final match against old nemesis Badr Hari didn't go so well. After throwing Hari to the mat on two separate occasions, Overeem was dropped with a right hook to the ear. Forty-five seconds later, Hari landed a left head kick that wobbled Overeem into the turnbuckle, forcing the ref to jump in and stop the fight. Full results and lots more videos after the jump...
World GP Final (3x3min. 1r Ext.):
- Semmy Schilt def. Badr Hari via TKO (body kick), 1:47 of round 1
- Tyrone Spong def. Keijiro "Kyotaro" Maeda via unanimous decision
World GP Semi-Finals:
- Semmy Schilt def. Remy Bonjasky via TKO (leg kicks), 2:38 of round 1
- Badr Hari def. Alistair Overeem via TKO (head kick), 2:14 of round 1
World GP Quarter Finals:
- Reserve: Daniel Ghita def. Sergey Kharitonov via TKO (leg kicks), 0:36 of round 3
- QF4: Remy Bonjasky def. Errol Zimmerman via unanimous decision
- QF3: Semmy Schilt def. Jerome Le Banner via TKO (body kicks), 1:27 of round 1
- QF2: Alistair Overeem def. Ewerton Teixeira via KO (knee), 1:06 of round 1
- QF1: Badr Hari def. Ruslan Karaev via TKO (punches), 0:38 of round 1
- Reserve: Peter Aerts def. Gokhan Saki via unanimous decision
- Jan Soukup def. Tsutomu Takahagi via unanimous decision
- Singh "Heart" Jaideep def. Makoto Uehara via KO ("right f*ck"), 1:36 of round 2
- Ryuji Kajiwara def. Keiichi Samukawa via unanimous decision
Maybe Overeem will give up K-1 fighting for awhile and stick ot MMA.
There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.
| || |
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.
Quick Member Login
Top 5 Latest Threads
Latest MMA News