|Cat--Smasher ||04-04-2012 06:47 AM |
K-1 Announces 2012 Grand Prix In New York City
K-1 Announces 2012 Grand Prix In New York City - Bloody Elbow
WHERE AND WHEN:
Seven major, worldwide K-1 heavyweight (K-1 World GP) and K-1 middleweight (K-1 World MAX) events are planned for 2012, where the world's top warriors will battle in a survival series of explosive, three-round, single-elimination fights.
• May 27th - K-1 officially rises with a spectacular K-1 Tournament and Celebration at the Palacio Vista Aletre in Madrid, Spain, as we begin the search for the world's best fighters.
• June-October - Tournaments span the globe with events in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Early September - US Regional Tournament takes place in Los Angeles.
• Later October - The K-1 World GP Final16 takes place in Asia.
• November - The K-1 World MAX Final takes place in Asia, with a $300,000 Grand Prize (total prize money for MAX: $500,000).
• December - The K-1 World GP Final in New York City, with a ONE MILLION DOLLAR grand prize (total prize money for WGP: $1,500,000).
|dbader08 ||04-04-2012 06:52 AM |
That is definitely awesome considering all the talk of K-1 going bankrupt which caused a big question mark for the future of kickboxing...I may just have to see if one of my friends is down to go on a little trip when December rolls around...I wonder how expensive tickets will be, but chances are since its a world wide tournament and its in New York...probably pretty expensive.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.