Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Shogun Wants To Fight Coleman

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-18-2006, 10:11 PM
    prophet665
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    They are not tested in PRIDE so basically, yes they are legal. You probably could not go in for the weigh-in and say, "man those cycles were great", "I'm juiced for this fight", or "Mr. Sakakibara, could you please stick this needle in my ass" but if they are not testing for them, that basically makes them legal unless you are a dumb shit who openly talks about roiding, then maybe they would do something.
    I disagree with your opinion that they are de facto legal. PRIDE has just been linked to the Yakuza and if the Japanese government wanted to put pressure on PRIDE they could start investigating all the fighters for steroid use, assuming that they are illegal in Japan.

    Can someone give us a definite answer on whether they are legal in Japan? I know a lot of former Soviet Republics and possibly even Russia allow steroid use.
  • 08-18-2006, 05:56 AM
    dagreat1
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet665
    Are steroids legal in Japan or does PRIDE just not test for them at their fights? There is a big difference.

    I do give Coleman a TON of credit for what he has done for the sport. I can remember seeing him for the first time in the UFC and blurted out "Holy Fuck, that guy is massive". The ground and pound he put on display was great. That being said, I would be shocked if he didn't juice.

    They are not tested in PRIDE so basically, yes they are legal. You probably could not go in for the weigh-in and say, "man those cycles were great", "I'm juiced for this fight", or "Mr. Sakakibara, could you please stick this needle in my ass" but if they are not testing for them, that basically makes them legal unless you are a dumb shit who openly talks about roiding, then maybe they would do something.
  • 08-18-2006, 04:27 AM
    prophet665
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    The Coleman bashing thread, no surprise. Coleman is a pioneer of MMA and we owe GNP to him solely.

    You really can't make steroid acusations about Coleman and Hammer House with making them about Chute Box as well. Fact is, roids are legal in Pride so most fo the fighters likely use them, it would be a DISSADVANTAGE not to.

    That said, there is still no proof that anyone from hammerhouse has ever juiced for a fight, they are all huge yes, however they all live in the gym it is quite apparent backed by the fact that Baroni, member of the HH is actually smaller than he was in UFC and roids are legal in PRIDE so how exactly do you explain that?

    I just get sick of hearing all of the roid accusations, it's legal in PRIDE, just assume most of them use them. If roids were not legal, the top ranked fighters would still remain the top ranked fighters however 2 fighters equally macthed in skill, size strength, etc. the fighter juicing is going to win so in PRIDE where they don't test and your carer is on the line in every fight (this is their living, they need to fight to the best of their ability to get a paycheck and the better they fight, the more they make so please do not think there is honor involved and they won't roid and it's a respect thing, no, they are trying to survive) you are going to use every advantage possible.
    Are steroids legal in Japan or does PRIDE just not test for them at their fights? There is a big difference.

    I do give Coleman a TON of credit for what he has done for the sport. I can remember seeing him for the first time in the UFC and blurted out "Holy Fuck, that guy is massive". The ground and pound he put on display was great. That being said, I would be shocked if he didn't juice.
  • 08-17-2006, 11:33 PM
    kickass32
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    i would love to see a rematch, i never liked coleman, and the way he behaved when shogun went down was embarrasing, no class at all. i hope shogun keeps him up for a while and just mashes his face.
    I never saw the fight......What did Coleman do?????
  • 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
    Intellectual
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    The Coleman bashing thread, no surprise. Coleman is a pioneer of MMA and we owe GNP to him solely.

    You really can't make steroid acusations about Coleman and Hammer House with making them about Chute Box as well. Fact is, roids are legal in Pride so most fo the fighters likely use them, it would be a DISSADVANTAGE not to.

    That said, there is still no proof that anyone from hammerhouse has ever juiced for a fight, they are all huge yes, however they all live in the gym it is quite apparent backed by the fact that Baroni, member of the HH is actually smaller than he was in UFC and roids are legal in PRIDE so how exactly do you explain that?

    I just get sick of hearing all of the roid accusations, it's legal in PRIDE, just assume most of them use them. If roids were not legal, the top ranked fighters would still remain the top ranked fighters however 2 fighters equally macthed in skill, size strength, etc. the fighter juicing is going to win so in PRIDE where they don't test and your carer is on the line in every fight (this is their living, they need to fight to the best of their ability to get a paycheck and the better they fight, the more they make so please do not think there is honor involved and they won't roid and it's a respect thing, no, they are trying to survive) you are going to use every advantage possible.
    assumptions are assumptions but have u seen the Hammerhouse guyz? there all 10x bigger than everyone else (muscle wise).
  • 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
    dagreat1
    The Coleman bashing thread, no surprise. Coleman is a pioneer of MMA and we owe GNP to him solely.

    You really can't make steroid acusations about Coleman and Hammer House with making them about Chute Box as well. Fact is, roids are legal in Pride so most fo the fighters likely use them, it would be a DISSADVANTAGE not to.

    That said, there is still no proof that anyone from hammerhouse has ever juiced for a fight, they are all huge yes, however they all live in the gym it is quite apparent backed by the fact that Baroni, member of the HH is actually smaller than he was in UFC and roids are legal in PRIDE so how exactly do you explain that?

    I just get sick of hearing all of the roid accusations, it's legal in PRIDE, just assume most of them use them. If roids were not legal, the top ranked fighters would still remain the top ranked fighters however 2 fighters equally macthed in skill, size strength, etc. the fighter juicing is going to win so in PRIDE where they don't test and your carer is on the line in every fight (this is their living, they need to fight to the best of their ability to get a paycheck and the better they fight, the more they make so please do not think there is honor involved and they won't roid and it's a respect thing, no, they are trying to survive) you are going to use every advantage possible.
  • 08-17-2006, 08:14 PM
    Intellectual
    sounds great. i never liked Coleman as well.
  • 08-17-2006, 05:05 AM
    tapper
    i would love to see a rematch, i never liked coleman, and the way he behaved when shogun went down was embarrasing, no class at all. i hope shogun keeps him up for a while and just mashes his face.
  • 08-17-2006, 04:57 AM
    baba
    I can't excited over this fight. Shogun is a complete MMA fighter and Coleman...well, isn't. What I would like to see is a rematch between Shogun and Babalu. That was a great match and any rematch would be historic.
  • 08-17-2006, 04:44 AM
    liddell316
    Shogun will put Coleman out if Coleman accepts the fight.

    I'd be pretty ironic if Coleman won though....but it won't happen.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •