Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Diego is far from the best WW in the world!

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is The Last Name Of UFC's Iceman?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-30-2006, 05:03 AM
    generic
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    I think that Diego is far from #1 because I think he is far from being on GSP and Matt Hughes' level of calibre.
    How can you say that when Karo Parisyan was suposed to be on there level and Diego won against him. Karo was in line for a title shot last year before he got injured.
  • 08-30-2006, 04:29 AM
    Afro
    Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    Sloppy or not, it was a war and it's what the casual fans want to see. I'm not saying Imes/Evans was bad, because IMO that's probably the most entertaining fight Rashad has had, but can't you see why more people were interested in Griffin/Bonnar?
    I really dont care about what other people were interested in, IMO Evans/Imes was a much better fight and im not sayin Griffin/Bonnar was bad either.. but its hard for me as a huge boxing fan to really enjoy that fight to the extent of others.. to me it was like watchin two amateur boxers go at it.
  • 08-30-2006, 04:28 AM
    liddell316
    Sloppy or not, it was a war and it's what the casual fans want to see. I'm not saying Imes/Evans was bad, because IMO that's probably the most entertaining fight Rashad has had, but can't you see why more people were interested in Griffin/Bonnar?
  • 08-30-2006, 04:24 AM
    Afro
    Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    Last Rashad fight was so boring I was almost in a coma before the decison was announced. It's one thing to say a fight is a sloppy boxing match....which it really wasn't, just because there wasn't much ground work doesn't make it a boxing match, but Rashad/Imes didn't touch that.
    It really was a sloppy boxing match! they were swinging real wildly cuz they gassed, and it didnt touch Evans/Imes.. that was a much better fight that went to the ground, stayed standing, etc.. Evans knocked down Imes over and over again in that fight and Imes kept comin.. it was not only a war, but one that showcased a lot of talent.. all Griffin/Bonnar showcased was that two human beings can throw there fists at eachother for 3 rounds.. it was real sloppy.
  • 08-30-2006, 04:21 AM
    bryanbkirch
    People can say what they want but I think Hughes is without a doubt the best WW in the world. Now GSP is a very close second but, I think that until someone dethrone's Hughes he is at the very top of the ladder. I know that a lot of people don't like Hughes but we have to face the fact that he is the champ and has been for a long time and until he is beaten I have to say he is the best. There are a lot of fighters that I like better than Matt, Nick Diaz is one and "Lil Evil" is another. This is just my opinion but I'm not sure that anyone in the UFC will beat Hughes anytime soon. If he beats Penn and GSP gets a crack at him then we will know for sure who is the best but until then I'm going with Matt. I do however think that Hughes fights are boring. I would rather see GSP or Penn sling leather than watch Hunges wrestle someone. That's just my two cents.
  • 08-30-2006, 04:20 AM
    liddell316
    Last Rashad fight was so boring I was almost in a coma before the decison was announced. It's one thing to say a fight is a sloppy boxing match....which it really wasn't, just because there wasn't much ground work doesn't make it a boxing match, but Rashad/Imes didn't touch that.
  • 08-30-2006, 04:12 AM
    Afro
    Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    Saying any Rashad Evans fight is more entertaining then Bonnar/Griffin one makes me....wow...just wow....
    now thats just down right stupid
  • 08-30-2006, 04:10 AM
    liddell316
    Saying any Rashad Evans fight is more entertaining then Bonnar/Griffin one makes me....wow...just wow....
  • 08-30-2006, 03:28 AM
    Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl144
    Yea see thats another problem. When someone questions something you've said, you tend to say "well someone told me this". Tank has a losing record. He's only remembered by some people because he's a beast...size wise anyway but other than that his fights are pretty forgetable.

    When i say someone, i don't mean a friend from a friend. I mean a couple of people really told me, I completely dis agree with them, but I wanted to see who else thought so.
  • 08-30-2006, 03:26 AM
    Kewl144
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    I don't think Tank Abbott is a great fighter, but I have heard a lot of people say that he was one so I included him. I've seen his fights and I don't think he was that great of a fighter (rizzo did a good job on him). I only have access to UFC, which is why I didn't include Fedor because I don't really know much about him. You're the dick who just sent a message for the sake of another weak insult.
    Yea see thats another problem. When someone questions something you've said, you tend to say "well someone told me this". Tank has a losing record. He's only remembered by some people because he's a beast...size wise anyway but other than that his fights are pretty forgetable.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •