Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: IMO - Feb 2nd Card is a waste of air time

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 01-30-2008, 09:13 AM
    Ifightforaliving
    I can't stand Tim " I will jab and then lay on you against the cage so I have the most boring fight of the decade and then I wonder why everyone boos" Sylvia I hope nog breaks his face. Also I think Mir has this one should be at least a decent card
  • 01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
    Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    Please CHILL out its ACTUALLY a GOOD CARD in manys OPINION

    Tim is a great fighter,love him or hate him,take shots at him all you want,hes still one of the best in the world,and could be the next world champ.Sloppy yeah,but he gets the job done.


    Regardless this PPV will do fantastic buyrates.

    * a huge world title match
    * lesnars UFC debut vs Frank Mir which will move one man way up the ladder to a title shot
    * Horn/Nate for serious MW Bidness. One of the winners ay very well get a shot in the future.
    *Belcher/Almeida will be fun.

    Plus the prelims are looking tastey. So ill be excited to see some of them badboys.

    I dont give a fuck how sloppy tim is,or how many fights Brocks had. This show should be great.

    Agreed. QS just saved me 5 minutes of typing and told you to chill out too.
  • 01-27-2008, 10:49 AM
    mattyc
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJag View Post
    i have people i like to watch.. i just dont like watching the divisioni n general.. it doesn't matter WHO'S IN THERE! yes your right im a weekend watcher... wow how far from the truth.. SO because i'm not into all the fighters the UFC hypes up i'm a weekend watcher? Those guys are good fighters.. if there on i'll watch them.. BUT the weight classes in general aren't my thing.. i'm a light weight and i enjoy watching those fights.. its more fast passed.. i think i'm allowed to have a favorite weight class or classes i like to watch.. SO sorry i dont find those weight classes appealing. i dont like watching liddell, wand is amazing so much respect for him, jackson.. i've only seen him fight 2x in the cage so far so good, forrest is getting up there always great, i never said anything bad about them i just find the division as a WHOLE boring...

    wow people on here really get stabbed at for having an opinion... lol.. its like if they aren't with the wagon, then god for bid hahaha whatever hahaha
    If you feel as though people are attacking you, or that the users on this forum seem to attack opinions, it's because the users here enjoy and encourage intelligent discussion. I'm not saying you're stupid, but your initial post shows mostly opinion and little reasoning. The above quote is an example of such an opinion without much reason. To make a blanket statement that an entire division is generally slower due to the weight is specious at best. To make matters more confusing, in the above statement, first you say, "i just dont like watching the divisioni n general.. it doesn't matter WHO'S IN THERE!" But then you cite that some fighters in a division you dislike are worth watching ("wand is amazing so much respect for him"), yet you "find the division as a WHOLE boring." It seems contradictory that you like and follow MMA, but only up to a certain weight-class, because then the MMA is overshadowed by weight and supposed speed.

    Please don't mistake this for an attack- I'm merely informing you as to the tone of this forum. This knowledge will be useful to you in the future. Merely consider the intellectual merits of your post before posting, and you will be fine- no one will "attack" you.
  • 01-27-2008, 02:09 AM
    foundstarr
    This card is gonna be a sleeper IMO..
  • 01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
    2mcgrath
    i myself am looking forward to the card,ive been curious to see how brock is gonna do ever since i read he signed with the ufc.also i have seen quiet a few lhw and hw fights that were exciting.i also think mw has some very exciting fights.

    when tim fights like the tim of old i like watching him fight,and most people would agree even if they dont like him,when he is fighting the way he used to,he is a damn good fighter.im hoping he ditchs this new trend of his and gets back to his old self.
  • 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
    Wolverine77
    Wow that was a pointless thread to make if you had to look up the fighters status, dont thread about it being a bad card if you dont know the fighters going into it. Everyone wants to see how Lesnars gonna do, the Sylvia/Nog fight should be good, and the MW fight between Marquardt/Horn should be an interesting match. The undercards look good as well, so UFC 81 def isnt a waste of air time.
  • 01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
    Severn
    I can't wait for this card as it looks very good. I say next Saturday can't come fast enough.
  • 01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
    LadyJag
    Quote Originally Posted by foundstarr View Post
    I never said you attacked nog I said a big nog card.. As in any card hes on..
    You even quoted me...

    You hate watching middle LHW and HW?? Why bother watching any UFC card? Liddell Jackson Wandy Randy Forrest etc and I mean etc.. Those guys don't put on watchable exciting fights?

    You really are a weekend watcher...
    i have people i like to watch.. i just dont like watching the divisioni n general.. it doesn't matter WHO'S IN THERE! yes your right im a weekend watcher... wow how far from the truth.. SO because i'm not into all the fighters the UFC hypes up i'm a weekend watcher? Those guys are good fighters.. if there on i'll watch them.. BUT the weight classes in general aren't my thing.. i'm a light weight and i enjoy watching those fights.. its more fast passed.. i think i'm allowed to have a favorite weight class or classes i like to watch.. SO sorry i dont find those weight classes appealing. i dont like watching liddell, wand is amazing so much respect for him, jackson.. i've only seen him fight 2x in the cage so far so good, forrest is getting up there always great, i never said anything bad about them i just find the division as a WHOLE boring...

    wow people on here really get stabbed at for having an opinion... lol.. its like if they aren't with the wagon, then god for bid hahaha whatever hahaha
  • 01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
    foundstarr
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJag View Post
    - I didn't attack nog... i didn't say anything about him actually? because I heard he was good.. and that it shoudl be interesting to watch.. i was just saying why have SYLVIA in another HW title match? its a waste of time!



    I never said you attacked nog I said a big nog card.. As in any card hes on..
    You even quoted me...

    You hate watching middle LHW and HW?? Why bother watching any UFC card? Liddell Jackson Wandy Randy Forrest etc and I mean etc.. Those guys don't put on watchable exciting fights?

    You really are a weekend watcher...
  • 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
    LadyJag
    Quote Originally Posted by foundstarr View Post
    I think this will be a decent card, how can you attack a big "nog" card?
    - I didn't attack nog... i didn't say anything about him actually? because I heard he was good.. and that it shoudl be interesting to watch.. i was just saying why have SYLVIA in another HW title match? its a waste of time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Palma View Post
    This thread is a waste of time... $20 says it gets moved to Noob Jack City by the end of the day.
    i dont see how its a waste of time? everyone else expresses how they feel about stuff? i dont see why this one is any different? i love how most of the guys on here are like women.. seriously lol! always bitching when a comments rubs them the wrong way!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    No offense but do you really just blurt out opinions without watching or atleast researching a little more?

    There's a big reason to have the brock and frank mir fight. Let's look at Frank Mir first... instead of looking at his last 4 fights (2-2)... you should go watch all of them. Those 4 fights happened after his horrific accident. It's only in his last fight with antoni hardonk where we saw a glimpse of mir of the old where he utilitized his ji-jitsu really well. I know its hardonk but still seeing mir stick with that kimura brought a smile to all the hardcore fans who watched mir from before. This fight can really tell if Mir is going to come back into title contention or will he be a gatekeeper.

    Then you have brock lesnar... this guy is a freak for his size. He has only had one fight... and how do you call that lay and pray. How do you take a guy down, transition into mount, punch him repeatedly in the head and make him tap in 1:09 seconds of the first round and call that an lnp? There was no time to do any lnp. First of all, he's not in the main event... nog/sylvia is... and the reason they have him on the main card is because of marketing. He is very popular and it's a business strategy to boost up buyrates. You don't believe me, wait till the buyrates come out. This fight will really tell if brock has what it takes to fight in mma as he is fighting a very tough opponent in his 2nd mma fight.

    and now for the main event... do you think they really thought that randy would beat sylvia? They needed some spark in the division, but randy was the underdog. Plus sylvia might fight like he doesnt want to lose but he still beat arlovski twice, beat monson and beat ricco rodriguez and he still survived after almost being ko'ed by randy in the first round. Give the guy some credit... i dont' like his style either but there's only 3 people who should be fighting for that title... nog, sylvia and arlovski. Arlovski didnt get the shot because it seems like they cant get his contract sorted out. Plus, this is the interim championship... they need a champion since randy walked out. If you haven't watched nog before, i suggest you do because you will really consider him the favourite as he has a superior standup and ground game than sylvia. It's funny that you didnt even mention nog. If Nog wins, it might really push randy to come out and fight him as nog will be considered the undisputed #2 hw.
    I know mir got into a huge accident.. i was only looking at his last 4 fights becuase they are the most recent and i know he's got killer jiu jitz i've seen him fight before... i believe i said sylvia and lesnar are a waste of time i never said anything about nog and nothing about mir.. and i said nothing about the other card fights i said they are more interesting! Brock didn't do anythign in that fight.. did you see how big that other guy was? come on.. that was a waste of time to even look it up on youtube..

    Quote Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
    I have a lot of problems with the shit your talking here lady...

    First off, you talk about not being impressed by Lesnar's first fight. Fair enough, there wasnt much tot ake away, but you are saying that people who did like it are "just be one of those people who watch fights on the weekends... and aren't actually in the sport."

    Yet you needed to Look up the statuses of both Mir, someone who has been around a long time, and Lesnar.... are you sure YOU dont fall into the "Weekend Watcher" category?

    Next, you attack Sylvia. Granted, I am no Tim Sylvia fan and never have been, but he is good at what he does and to say he is not "technically inclined" is pretty funny. You are basing that on the fact that one if, if not THE top HW in the world exposed him... What about the rest of the guys Randy smoked?

    Finally, you say the card is a waste of air time and yet only fail to mention the 2 top fights (but somehow no mention of Big Nog in that rant...). This card also holds a huge battle in the middleweight class with Horn and Marquart. PLUS Belcher, and an undercard that sports names like Lytle, Griffin, Eastman, Martin and Emerson.

    Dont just look at the top fights of a card and base your judgment on them... This IS a decentg card if you are a fan, and not just a "weekend watcher"

    i looked up the status of the fighters becuase i hate watching heavy weight i hate watching light heavy and i hate watching middle .... the fights aren't as exciting as light weight and welter weight in my opinion.. and i only looked a thte4 last 4 fights becuase they were the most recent fights... I KNOW about mirs accident i watched his first fight back in the ufc after that... I know horn, marquart, and all them are on the card WHICH is why i said it would be more interesting to watch those matches... i feel bad for mir... having to fight lesnar? i'm sure there is someone else who is worth the time.. and i feel bad for nog becuase he has to fight sylvia.. i dont care who sylvia's beat, how many rounds he survived with randy.. i think he's garbage.. the only thing he's got is his size.. why not put him and lesnar together theres a fight!
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •