Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: My opinion on Diego Sanchez

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is the last name of UFC's President?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
    Hypergit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    But Diego still won both just on his aggressiveness and control time.
    Sorry bud, but you are wrong (regarding Karo).

    Aggressiveness is subjective so, y'know, whatever you think (I think they were even on that personally)

    Control time - Karo had demonstrably and significantly more time in control/on the attack in both rounds one and two. Round one was actually as lopsided as round three in that respect. Perhaps you should watch it again.

    git.
  • 10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
    Malice
    Honestly I thought the Diego vs Alessio was closer than Diego vs Karo.
    But Diego still won both just on his aggressiveness and control time.
  • 10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
    iced
    Quote Originally Posted by longboarderrrr
    did u see karo flip his ass upside down a bunch of times?

    diego won on points because hes a TUF reality guy, and karo lost points for giving up his back so many times (which is his style of grappling)...but every time he gave up his back he escaped so i dont understand why giving up you back should be so many points... overall, i would have liked to see that fight go five rounds even though diego would have probably won, diego just needs to finish a fight for once
    are you kidding me?!?!? karo got completely worked in the 3rd round. the 1st round was possibly his, and i'll give him props for his judo throws cuase they were bad-ass and made the fight an over the top one with excitement, but diego clearly won that fight. not cuase he fought on tuf, cuase he was the better figther who controled the other 2 rounds. as far as going 5 rounds, karo was on his back eating punches the last 30 seconds of the fight. if that fight lasts another 30, karo woulda been ko'd. (possibly missing more than one tooth)
  • 10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
    Kewl144
    Quote Originally Posted by longboarderrrr
    did u see karo flip his ass upside down a bunch of times?
    You mean twice? And what happens to Karo every time he flips someone? He falls over too and both fighters usually end up getting back to their feet.
  • 10-30-2006, 06:00 AM
    Kewl144
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromm
    He was proud of the accomplishment, deservedly so. I am myself pretty anti Diego because I think he puts grease behind his ears.
    The ref. outside the cage checks behind the ears and other places before a fighter enters the cage. Once they enter, one of those guys with the red coats (I think thats the usual color) is always close by (both before the fight begins and between rounds) to watch both the fighter and his corner.
  • 10-30-2006, 05:10 AM
    longboarderrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleChoke62
    I agree 100%

    did u see karo flip his ass upside down a bunch of times?

    diego won on points because hes a TUF reality guy, and karo lost points for giving up his back so many times (which is his style of grappling)...but every time he gave up his back he escaped so i dont understand why giving up you back should be so many points... overall, i would have liked to see that fight go five rounds even though diego would have probably won, diego just needs to finish a fight for once
  • 10-30-2006, 05:10 AM
    tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    Marcelo Garcia is like a grappling legend and he beat Diego like 2-0 how it that an ass handing?

    I thought Diego did very well and I took his jumping up in the air like he was happy that he didn't get tapped.

    You guys are such haters...
    agreed.
  • 10-30-2006, 04:28 AM
    Cromm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    Marcelo Garcia is like a grappling legend and he beat Diego like 2-0 how it that an ass handing?
    He was proud of the accomplishment, deservedly so. I am myself pretty anti Diego because I think he puts grease behind his ears(before the Karo fight they went backstage and his cornerman was applying some type of clear liquid to the back of Diego's ears and Diego was telling his cornerman the camera was right behind him and to stop. Later when he came out for the match his hair was washed and clean not damning but he has seemed to pose crazy problems for BJJ fighters who attempt to get control from the guard see N. Diaz v. D. Sanchez) and I strongly dislike any fighter that claims to fight for a higher purpose, like God would give a shit about Diego winning or losing or how that would have an effect on the Latino people in any way. I am not attempting to offend anyone because of their own personal beliefs but that is incredible vanity in my opinion. I prefer the fighter that admits they fight to make money and because they are good at it .
  • 10-30-2006, 03:41 AM
    Hypergit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockx
    The same people that hate Diego are the ones that hate Hughes.
    Not that I hate either of these fighters (hate is a strong word), but from their behaviour would it not be reasonable to dislike them?

    What I'm trying to say is, where is your point?
  • 10-30-2006, 03:36 AM
    Malice
    I stand corrected he did lose by armbar, anyway I give him credit he is not a BJJ guy and he stood in with one fo the best grapplers.

    The same people that hate Diego are the ones that hate Hughes.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •