Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Munoz Thinks Silva Will be Champ for Long Time to Come

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
    SWIFTboy

    MMA math 101 - end it with a left gets detention

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Silva has a solid chin he proved that to me taking so many power punches from Sonnen.
    MMA math.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Well I wouldn't call it MMA math I would call it I watched him eat 4 rounds of the hardest punches Sonnen could muster while supposedly juicing and never looked like he was in trouble of going to sleep.
    MMA math.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Im not saying Sonnen hits as hard or has the technique Im saying I watched a guy eat a shit ton of strikes for 4.5 rounds and not get in too much trouble.
    MMA math.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    You should read the whole statement before you start attacking what I said.
    I did read the whole statement. However, the only part I had a problem with was your use of MMA math, so that's the only part I highlighted and attempted to counter.

    The rest was mostly opinion on how the fight would go down, and whether I agree with that or not was irrelevent to my point.

    I would hardly say I ever attacked what you said, but obviously you take things pretty personally so it might seem that way to you.


    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Im not saying his chin has to last 5 rounds im saying i think his chin will last until the middle of the second round where Vitor slows down and it becomes Anderson's fight. I never once said Vitor is not going to k.o him, I also didn't say Sonnen hits as hard
    I don't care to agree or disagree with any of this because it has nothing to do with you using MMA math. This is just you repeating previous things you've already said that have nothing to do with the argument I'm (trying to) have with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    I love that you said it wasn't good GnP. He was fully postured and putting his weight into them can't get any better than that.
    So NOW your rating Anderson's chin against Belfort based on Sonnen's GnP!?!? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Can I get an MMA math? MMA math!

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    I will take a breath and take back that you are dense you obviously are just stupid.
    Someone's getting angry!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Once again its not flawed because I don't think they are equal in striking and i even stated that. Vitor is going to gas sooner than later and has to catch him early, I dont think thats going to happen thats why i think Okami is a bigger threat to win 5 blanket rounds
    Obviously none of THIS is intrinsically flawed, because it's only an opinion. Dude, you don't even understand WHAT MY POINT WAS. You still don't even understand what about your original post IS MMA MATH. Do you even realize that Anderson could spend 5 rounds taking Belfort's power shots and you WOULD NOT have proved me wrong?

    I wouldn't have even gone this far, since you obviously don't care to listen and learn from your mistakes, except that I'm hoping other readers out there just might (the way I did from others).

    Don't even bother to respond, because you're just gonna re-state your opinion about how the fight will go down and tell me I'm stupid. You're just wasting time. I'm done with you.

    p.s. MMA MATH!
  • 11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    This is the crux of your flawed logic. It's a common fallacy called MMA math. It's a mistake I used to make; I'm trying to help you understand.



    No, I disagree with you BECAUSE it's flawed.



    You did back it up, which is good. You backing it up is what enables me too see the flaw in your logic. You points WERE logical, but that logic is flawed. I'll show you how it is flawed...



    The flaw is that you beleive all power shots are created equal. A power shot from Sonnen is not the same thing as a power shot from Belfort.

    Yes, you could argue that Anderson showed a good chin against Sonnen (though I'd counter that Sonnen wasn't actually throwing power shots at all). However, attempting to translate that to Anderson being able to take power shots from Belfort is what is referred to as MMA math.

    Could Anderson take a power shot from Vitor? Maybe. We'll find out if and when he does. However, you can't deduce it by analyzing his fight from Sonnen.




    You're right. Can you see the difference though? There's one less variable here. Vitor and Sonnen punches are different. Conditioning is a constant in MMA (for the most part). However, it would be flawed logic to beleive that GSP and Edgar would make good triathletes, based on their conditioning in MMA.



    So feel free to say you think Anderson has a great chin. However, if you say he'll be able to withstand Vitor's power punches because he withstood Sonnen's, I'm gonna say MMA math, every time.



    Before you do anything (especially reply), take a deep breath, and ask yourself if it's POSSIBLE that I'm right. Try to think about it without emotion, and realize that this isn't a personal attack on you or an insult. Have an open mind.
    In his defense Anderson Silva has taken power shots from heavyweights in boxing matches. One that immediately comes to mind was his sparring with Nog without head gear.

    YouTube - Anderson Silva sparring

    Its sparring though so take it with a grain of salt. Remove the heavy gloves and turn it into a real fight and the outcome could have been much different but who knows right?

    What we do know is that Silva has never been knocked out or knocked down. Like Fedor he did get stunned against Sonnen but showed his ability to recover despite his injuries.
  • 11-28-2010, 01:01 AM
    rivethead
    ...but I'm the one who is like talking to a wall?

    Give it up kid, you made a dumbfuck statement, comparing Sonnen's striking to Vitor's, you got pwned, and all the laborious restatements of your original argument doesn't change the fact that it was a dumbfuck statement to begin with.

    You're new, so I'm going to overlook the instant-defensive-personal-attack bullshit. I'm trying very hard to give you credit that you're not a troll, but you need to start contributing, or you'll go away.

    rh
  • 11-28-2010, 12:44 AM
    end it with a left
    You should read the whole statement before you start attacking what I said. Im not saying his chin has to last 5 rounds im saying i think his chin will last until the middle of the second round where Vitor slows down and it becomes Anderson's fight. I never once said Vitor is not going to k.o him, I also didn't say Sonnen hits as hard and I love that you said it wasn't good GnP. He was fully postured and putting his weight into them can't get any better than that. I will take a breath and take back that you are dense you obviously are just stupid. Once again its not flawed because I don't think they are equal in striking and i even stated that. Vitor is going to gas sooner than later and has to catch him early, I dont think thats going to happen thats why i think Okami is a bigger threat to win 5 blanket rounds
  • 11-26-2010, 05:07 PM
    SWIFTboy
    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Silva has a solid chin he proved that to me taking so many power punches from Sonnen.
    This is the crux of your flawed logic. It's a common fallacy called MMA math. It's a mistake I used to make; I'm trying to help you understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    whats that bolded? Logic? its flawed cause you disagree with me.
    No, I disagree with you BECAUSE it's flawed.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    I fully backed up my statements you just came out with some bullshit that you couldn't back up. i had LOGICAL points to all of my responses you just talked shit with nothing to back it up.
    You did back it up, which is good. You backing it up is what enables me too see the flaw in your logic. You points WERE logical, but that logic is flawed. I'll show you how it is flawed...

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    If a guy can eat a shot its not fucking MMA math its he's got a solid chin you jackass. Thats the only thing you can say I used MMA math for and you're retarded for calling it so.
    The flaw is that you beleive all power shots are created equal. A power shot from Sonnen is not the same thing as a power shot from Belfort.

    Yes, you could argue that Anderson showed a good chin against Sonnen (though I'd counter that Sonnen wasn't actually throwing power shots at all). However, attempting to translate that to Anderson being able to take power shots from Belfort is what is referred to as MMA math.

    Could Anderson take a power shot from Vitor? Maybe. We'll find out if and when he does. However, you can't deduce it by analyzing his fight from Sonnen.


    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Its not MMA math to say Frankie Edgar and GSP have great conditioning cause they rocked for 5 rounds its the fucking truth.
    You're right. Can you see the difference though? There's one less variable here. Vitor and Sonnen punches are different. Conditioning is a constant in MMA (for the most part). However, it would be flawed logic to beleive that GSP and Edgar would make good triathletes, based on their conditioning in MMA.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    IF you eat tons of punches you have a great chin.
    So feel free to say you think Anderson has a great chin. However, if you say he'll be able to withstand Vitor's power punches because he withstood Sonnen's, I'm gonna say MMA math, every time.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    YOU ARE DENSE!
    Before you do anything (especially reply), take a deep breath, and ask yourself if it's POSSIBLE that I'm right. Try to think about it without emotion, and realize that this isn't a personal attack on you or an insult. Have an open mind.
  • 11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
    TBEAR
    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Riv man my god you're like talking to a wall who thinks he's god. it doesn't matter if Vitor could box cirlces around Sonnen, im not talking technique im talking straight up punching power. Sonnen was supposedly juicing, guess what that? the helps you hit harder, so im going to say theres probably not a huge gap between the punching power of Vitor and Sonnen.
    IMO Vitor hits alot harder than Chael. If you really want to use those shots that Chael was landing on Anderson as your example, then ethier A- you have never seen soild GnP or B you are really new to this game. Anderson never looked hurt while eating those so called GnP shots.

    Thier is a list of people you could ask if Vitor hits hard. 13 of his 19 wins are by KO/TKO
  • 11-26-2010, 11:33 AM
    Sniggles
    RH - I forgot about good ol' Soares who competes annually with Dana White and the Fink for MMA Douchebag of the Year.

    EiwaL - Technique combined with power makes you a better striker than steroids ever will. Technique gives you accuracy and speed allowing you to hit your target in places that will discombobulate tham rather than just annoy and bruise them. You can't consume something that increases your skill. Sonnen is far less skilled than Belfort when it comes to striking. There is noone that will agree with Sonnen being anywhere near Belfort's equal in striking. Anderson may have a good chin for against a gorilla beating his head like a bongo drum, but perhaps not for a demon like Belfort.

    Anderson's greatest test since Henderson is indeed Belfort without a shadow of a doubt. Could have been Marquardt if he wasn't..... Marquardt.
  • 11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
    end it with a left
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I'm not gonna double check but I'm fairly certain rh did NOT at any point say that Vitor can walk through anyone with his hands. The point is not whether or not Vitor can outstrike Anderson, it's that your using what happened with Sonnen vs Anderson to predict what will happen with Belfort vs Anderson. It doesn't matter how you word it, that is called MMA math.

    Furthermore, the reason people that have been around long enough jump all over MMA math is because they've seen time and time again that it doesn't work. Not only that, but that it is really easy, almost instinctual, to try and apply MMA math. Yet, in the end it just doesn't hold up.



    If you started to try to bring back the idea that the Earth was flat, and everyone agreed with me that it is not, would you consider yourself an independent thinker and everyone else a lamb (or sheep)?

    Don't worry though, you're not the first person to try to use this form of flawed logic and you won't be the last.
    whats that bolded? Logic? its flawed cause you disagree with me. I fully backed up my statements you just came out with some bullshit that you couldn't back up. i had LOGICAL points to all of my responses you just talked shit with nothing to back it up. If a guy can eat a shot its not fucking MMA math its he's got a solid chin you jackass. Thats the only thing you can say I used MMA math for and you're retarded for calling it so. Its not MMA math to say Frankie Edgar and GSP have great conditioning cause they rocked for 5 rounds its the fucking truth. IF you eat tons of punches you have a great chin. If you MANY punches that will have a greater chance of k.o'ing you than 1 power shot. YOU ARE DENSE!
  • 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    You consider Vitor more dangerous then the guy that was 1:30 away from taking a dominate decision over Silva?

    I think Vitor can beat Silva for sure. But history has shown that wrestlers give Silva far tougher fights then strikers.
    Not at all because unlike so many others I acknowledged that was clearly not the same A.Silva we have seen fight in the past. Clearly something was wrong with the man and little did we know he sustained a serious rib injury prior.

    I wrote off Sonnen's efforts like people wrote off Mir Vs Nog/Griffin Vs Shogun.

    The fact that Sonnen tested postive for performance enhancing drugs according to the CSAC didn't exactly help his case any for being a serious threat to Silva.

    The dude cheats before the fight, during the fight and still can't get the job done in 5 rounds against a wounded opponent. I also find his comments mocking Lance Armstrong's use of PEDS to be extremely hilarious but not without a sprinkle of irony.
  • 11-22-2010, 06:21 PM
    SWIFTboy
    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    If anyone is using MMA math its you my friend thinking that Vitor can just walk through anyone with his hands, didnt always work in his prime doubt its going to work now.
    I'm not gonna double check but I'm fairly certain rh did NOT at any point say that Vitor can walk through anyone with his hands. The point is not whether or not Vitor can outstrike Anderson, it's that your using what happened with Sonnen vs Anderson to predict what will happen with Belfort vs Anderson. It doesn't matter how you word it, that is called MMA math.

    Furthermore, the reason people that have been around long enough jump all over MMA math is because they've seen time and time again that it doesn't work. Not only that, but that it is really easy, almost instinctual, to try and apply MMA math. Yet, in the end it just doesn't hold up.

    Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    And great contribution to the thread thekidinside, great insight really. Just keep reading on like a lamb independent thought is tough i know so just agree with everything Riv posts
    If you started to try to bring back the idea that the Earth was flat, and everyone agreed with me that it is not, would you consider yourself an independent thinker and everyone else a lamb (or sheep)?

    Don't worry though, you're not the first person to try to use this form of flawed logic and you won't be the last.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •