Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Jon Jones News - Rips 'Old Man Hendo', and why he chose not to pay UFC 151 fighters

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM
    disposableassassin
    Kill this thread already.

  • 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
    AnchorPunch
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Obviously that poster was making a joke (flamewarriors) and I actually believed they were being serious for a moment. You can never tell with some people.

    I'd like to see info on that as well. I think in Jones' case, image matters to an extent. He can't act like a complete maniac, but as long as he stays on top, that's all that matters to his sponsors. It all comes down to money and whether you're worth it or not.

    After being thrown under the bus for 151, I believe he's going to have to make it up in his next several fights for his sponsors, Nike in particular. I doubt they appreciated being smeared along with Jon Jones.

    EDIT: This all opinion, btw.
    Haha, all opinion on my side too man. No need to disclaim

    I agree. I think for the guys at the very top, everything outside being the champion is just at the margin. Imagine it matters more for the guys outside of the top 5.
  • 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
    disposableassassin
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    What What What Whaaaaat!?! you've been on this jon jones is a coward pile on since the beginning, you even neg rep me for defending Jones and now you say that if you were him you would have Not taken the fight either!?!

    WHAT DA FRAGGLE ROCKING FUCK!?!
    Fraggle rock now there was a show





    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hmm...

    If you wanna be one of those pansies that cries about getting neg'd I can give you 10 more of them.

    Is it difficult for you to comprehend that I made the jokes about Jones because it was the fun thing to do. Ask disposableassassin why he is spamming those hilarious pictures?

    Sorry, we can't all nuthug the champions. Some people like to make light of events.


  • 09-04-2012, 01:16 PM
    rivethead
    riiiiiiight.

    But you're still worked up about people simply stating their opinion, in saying sonnen--a MW with zero wins at 205--would have been an easy win for Jones. Simultaneously, you don't find it hypocritical to state that Henderson would have been an easy win for Jones...which is an opinion.


    That's sad.

    rh
  • 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Sometimes being too passionate about something messes up your perspective. look at roaddog and Anderson. Silva could assault his wife, and roaddog would probably assume she was asking for it.
    Nah my perspective isn't messed up. I just see holes in your game dating back to when you were equally as passionate about Fedor. Infact you and several other admins were pratically his guardians up until he lost 3 consecutive fights.

    You once defended Fedor with ruthless vigor so don't get mad when others defend their favorite fighters.

    Also there are few things on this planet worth doing time for but if a man ever assaulted my wife that would definitely be one of them. I wouldn't wait around to even hear the story... Hell I would probably stab his ass in the neck like rampage and twist it so it never heals. A bullet to the chest would be way too courteous. I'm pretty sure most men here would do the same or their spouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    regardless, I find it amusing that you, with your admitted lack of understanding of MMA and your casual fan's perspective get worked up about people saying sonnen is a push over, but you feel it's appropriate for you to say the same thing about someone who has actually earned a title shot.

    rh
    Actually I said I consider myself a casual fan of MMA (you added in the extra comments which I will casually ignore). Anyways styles make fights and it's my belief that Sonnen's style is horrible for Jon Jones (who needs time to setup his strikes).

    Dan Henderson earned his title shot but lets take a closer look at that. He barely defeated Shogun and damn near needed a defib to make it back to the locker room. Dan Henderson moves and fights like Page. Coincidently Hendo was also defeated by Jackson mayback when.

    Jon Jones on the other hand made both Shogun and Page look stupid. Shogun doesn't have the style to beat Jones, Rampage didn't and nor does Henderson. The man is past his prime, he is at a physical disadvantage and he isn't bringing anything to the table that Jon Jones hasn't seen already. This fight would be like fighting Jake Shields all over again but much much much worse.

    Sonnen unlike anyone else that Jones has fought is willing to rush in foolishly and eat shots to get a takedown. He clearly has blatant disregard for his own health and well being when hes in the octagon. This dangerous strategy of Sonnen's magically works toward his favor when he is not tripping over himself like a baffoon... I don't see him getting made quick work of unless Jone's plans on submitting him (which I don't see happening unless he gasses). Sonnen is not a better fighter than Henderson but his style is much worse for Jon Jones than Henderson's imo. Also for the record I'm just now starting to warm up to Jones ever since he went all Sith Lawd. Up into a few weeks ago I didn't like him, I still hate his camp, I dislike Hendo and I still absolutely positively hate Sonnen (the fighter and the man)


    Make no mistake this is a big ass problem for Hendo
  • 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM
    m1ckeykn0x
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So, do you see that as a joke because you don't think fandom has as much influence over sponsorship deals and $ once you're a very highly ranked champion? (Highly ranked in the sense of the history of champions, obviously he's #1 in his WC.)

    I've always wondered how much that really affects things. At the end of the day, some brands are looking to build a real image, most are just looking for recognition so the guy with the most camera time will get the money. Has anyone seen good data on this? (Looking at you, RH :P)
    Obviously that poster was making a joke (flamewarriors) and I actually believed they were being serious for a moment. You can never tell with some people.

    I'd like to see info on that as well. I think in Jones' case, image matters to an extent. He can't act like a complete maniac, but as long as he stays on top, that's all that matters to his sponsors. It all comes down to money and whether you're worth it or not.

    After being thrown under the bus for 151, I believe he's going to have to make it up in his next several fights for his sponsors, Nike in particular. I doubt they appreciated being smeared along with Jon Jones.

    EDIT: This all opinion, btw.
  • 09-04-2012, 02:37 AM
    AnchorPunch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    24 sucked. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Boss, Dexter, The Walking Dead, The Wire and Burn Notice
    The Wire may be one of my favorite shows, ever. Oddly, that and Futurama.


    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    He may be a gifted fighter, but he's no match against the flame warriors of the Internet.
    This is a joke, right? Because it's funny.
    So, do you see that as a joke because you don't think fandom has as much influence over sponsorship deals and $ once you're a very highly ranked champion? (Highly ranked in the sense of the history of champions, obviously he's #1 in his WC.)

    I've always wondered how much that really affects things. At the end of the day, some brands are looking to build a real image, most are just looking for recognition so the guy with the most camera time will get the money. Has anyone seen good data on this? (Looking at you, RH :P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Sorry, we can't all nuthug the champions.
    Only if Trigg was champ. He's got big balls.
  • 09-04-2012, 01:37 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Yeah, problem is that I never said that. You just heard that. The fact is that many fighters, black, white, Asian, or whatever who fight for the UFC would wipe the shit off of Dana's shoes if he just glanced down at them in disapproval. It's nice to see a fighter not doing that and doing what's best for him. As far as your other "reps", that's quite alright. I feel the same exact way about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Once again, Jon Jones saved the integrity of his title and the sport by refusing to fight a guy who basically talked his way into a title shot, not earn it. He also showed that he's a man who can say NO when he needs to, even to Dana White. A lot of people think Jone's should jump like a trained monkey and fight whoever, whenever Mr. White wants him. Most fighters on the UFC rouster would, and Dana White expects them to. I honestly can't see how this sport can be taken seriously when you have a guy like Dana White as the most powerful voice in it. Let's forget about hardcore fans, The UFC wants mainstream sports fans. And the Mainstream Powers that be in Television and sports, can't be taking this guy or the UFC very seriously when he does this kind of nonsense. He took ZERO responsibility for the event falling through, it was 100% Jone's fault. Does that sound like a future business partner you'd be itching to get in business with?

    Hmm...

    If you wanna be one of those pansies that cries about getting neg'd I can give you 10 more of them.

    Is it difficult for you to comprehend that I made the jokes about Jones because it was the fun thing to do. Ask disposableassassin why he is spamming those hilarious pictures?

    Sorry, we can't all nuthug the champions. Some people like to make light of events.
  • 09-04-2012, 01:11 AM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Its hard to not see things going a lot better if Lorenzo was handleing more...

    ...You do have to wonder if he cares as much as Dana does though.
    Sometimes being too passionate about something messes up your perspective. look at roaddog and Anderson. Silva could assault his wife, and roaddog would probably assume she was asking for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I do think Jones would beat both Chael and Henderson. However at the sametime I don't think Chael would be a push over. I don't see Chael and Henderson having the same fighting style.
    regardless, I find it amusing that you, with your admitted lack of understanding of MMA and your casual fan's perspective get worked up about people saying sonnen is a push over, but you feel it's appropriate for you to say the same thing about someone who has actually earned a title shot.

    rh
  • 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM
    m1ckeykn0x
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    So if someone legitimately doesn't like Jones, they're a troll? Lol
    How about quoting who or what you are referring to? Because no one said that.

    That's beyond stupidity, I guess if that makes them a troll, then that means it actually bothers some of you lol.


    Translation: Some people consider those who do not like Jon Jones as trolls, which is beyond stupidity, you guess?

    Anyway... no one said people who do not like Jon Jones are trolls. You must have been looking at the pictures only. The only troll reference that I see is where RearNaked is talking about people in the world who actually think their interweb tirades mean two flying shits to any professional fighter, let alone champion.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •