Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Woodley More Interested in Fighting Rory MacDonald Than Demian Maia

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
    Bork_Lazer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Oh, Fitch must be terrible just because he lost to a bigger, stronger Maia.
    Not sure I would consider Maia a bigger and stronger fighter then Fitch. They are the same height and have pretty much the same build. Actually, I would say Fitch is the more physically imposing one. Maia was an undersized MW who had to bulk up in order to keep up with the other fighters.
  • 02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    You guys really need to understand "overrated"

    I often call high ranked fighters "overrated" because they ranked too high... That doesnt mean Im calling them complete shit...

    Fitch was considered to be the #2 WW for years... "the guy better than everyone besides GSP"... Never agreed with that... he was always a top5 WW, but put him against another legit wrestler, then you got a problem..

    I wish Hendricks wouldnt have KO'd him so fast, so we could have seen Fitch try and get him down... I picked Jon by TKO, but didnt think he'd catch Fitch that soon...

    just wait tell Fitch Draws Ellenburger, Kos(dont train together anymore), Askren, etc...
    Fitch was not overrated. He had only lost to GSP in his UFC run at the time of Hendricks.

    Being undefeated except to the #1 guy doesn't mean he was overrated.

    That's what I'm saying.

    After the subsequent losses... Diaz, Hendricks and Condit have floated above him.

    If anyone in the WW division has been overrated, I'd say it's Nick Diaz.
  • 02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    You guys really need to understand "overrated"

    I often call high ranked fighters "overrated" because they ranked too high... That doesnt mean Im calling them complete shit...

    Fitch was considered to be the #2 WW for years... "the guy better than everyone besides GSP"... Never agreed with that... he was always a top5 WW, but put him against another legit wrestler, then you got a problem..

    I wish Hendricks wouldnt have KO'd him so fast, so we could have seen Fitch try and get him down... I picked Jon by TKO, but didnt think he'd catch Fitch that soon...

    just wait tell Fitch Draws Ellenburger, Kos(dont train together anymore), Askren, etc...

    Also dont confuse me saying that he didnt deserve the "#2 Ranking" because he did... I just didnt think he was the "#2 WW"... Hell I think if BJ faced him back then before the GSP rematch, he would have beaten him as well. Kos has always been a better wrestler than Fitch, its a shame they were teammates.
  • 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Odd how dropping down a weight class and fighting smaller framed opponents can actually help a grappler's style of fighting, right?

    And Fitch has been overrated for years? Really? Because he's lost some fights now? Before his draw against BJ Penn, who would you have ranked higher than Fitch (besides GSP)?
    Noone.

    I am pretty sure dbader would have had Diaz at #2 though.

  • 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
    H0SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Maia could give GSP some problems...

    I still think GSP is too good on top to get subbed, but Maia would put him in a ton of danger. Far beyond what even guys like Penn, Condit, Shields and Diaz could do. But he would probably keep it standing and jab him to death...

    it would look something between kos2 and sheilds...

    Odd how Fitch was consitered by many to be GSP's biggest or best win... and Maia was a joke contender for Anderson. Look how dominate Maia was against Fitch... Not ragging on GSP... He has a lot of other great wins, it more of exposes Fitch... Who for years has been overrated imo, he was not the #2 WW like many said he was, even considering his record... Give him a tougher matchup he would lose.
    Odd how dropping down a weight class and fighting smaller framed opponents can actually help a grappler's style of fighting, right?

    And Fitch has been overrated for years? Really? Because he's lost some fights now? Before his draw against BJ Penn, who would you have ranked higher than Fitch (besides GSP)?
  • 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
    AnchorPunch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    This is silly logic.

    Fitch has not been overrated for years and 2 losses does not eliminate the tear that he had been on.

    13-3-1

    Oh, Fitch must be terrible just because he lost to a bigger, stronger Maia.

    You seem to think that it is impossible for Maia to have improved his game before dropping weight. Or that it could have been a bad night for Fitch.

    But, Fitch is a scrub just because you say so.
    Maia fought Silva exactly the same way he fought Fitch. Styles mean nothing in fighting. MMA math is the purest form of thought.

    /snark
  • 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Odd how Fitch was consitered by many to be GSP's biggest or best win... and Maia was a joke contender for Anderson. Look how dominate Maia was against Fitch... Not ragging on GSP... He has a lot of other great wins, it more of exposes Fitch... Who for years has been overrated imo, he was not the #2 WW like many said he was, even considering his record... Give him a tougher matchup he would lose.
    This is silly logic.

    Fitch has not been overrated for years and 2 losses does not eliminate the tear that he had been on.

    13-3-1

    Oh, Fitch must be terrible just because he lost to a bigger, stronger Maia.

    You seem to think that it is impossible for Maia to have improved his game before dropping weight. Or that it could have been a bad night for Fitch.

    But, Fitch is a scrub just because you say so.
  • 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    Maia could give GSP some problems...

    I still think GSP is too good on top to get subbed, but Maia would put him in a ton of danger. Far beyond what even guys like Penn, Condit, Shields and Diaz could do. But he would probably keep it standing and jab him to death...

    it would look something between kos2 and sheilds...

    Odd how Fitch was consitered by many to be GSP's biggest or best win... and Maia was a joke contender for Anderson. Look how dominate Maia was against Fitch... Not ragging on GSP... He has a lot of other great wins, it more of exposes Fitch... Who for years has been overrated imo, he was not the #2 WW like many said he was, even considering his record... Give him a tougher matchup he would lose.
  • 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Is he trying to bait Maia into calling him out? Cause I think its too soon for him to be fighting a guy like McDonald, specially if he gets the win. Why doesnt he fight Koscheck if he wins his next fight, or the winner of Sanchez v Gomi. Slow your roll Woodley...
    Sounds to me like Maia may not be too far away from a title shot behind Hendricks. McDonald isn't fighting GSP so we can safely bypass his ranking in regards to title contention.
  • 02-06-2013, 03:25 AM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    I actually think he would give Rory a good fight... No way in Hell id pick him over Rory...

    but Iv always said that Rory's wrestling is good, but not great... We saw that in the Penn fight...

    Not just Woodly, but put Rory against someone like Kos, Fitch, Ellenburger, Hendricks, Maia, Askren, etc... We have an interesting fight. Where he may not be the one dictating where the fight takes place.

    Rory's standup is very good, but he isnt the killer standing at this point in time that Nate Marquardt is... I see him picking apart Woodly, but Woodly does have power and explosiveness.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •