Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Tarec Saffiedine turned down Carlos Condit fight at UFC 158 due to injury

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I pity anyone who fell for the hope and change schtick.
  • 02-27-2013, 06:15 AM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    No I don't. Let's tar and feather him because he turned down a short notice fight.
  • 02-27-2013, 05:25 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Do you?
    No I don't. Let's tar and feather him because he turned down a short notice fight.
  • 02-27-2013, 05:09 AM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Do you claim to know what kind of shape Tare was in?
    Do you?
  • 02-27-2013, 05:09 AM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    just ask Demarqus Johnson about that....
    You should also ask him about being finished in 3 straight fights. OR missing weight a second time....for a catchweight bout....by 8 pounds.
  • 02-27-2013, 04:03 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    How many times would you say a fighter goes in to a fight 100 percent healthy?
    Do you claim to know what kind of shape Tare was in?
  • 02-27-2013, 03:31 AM
    MIZjitsZOU
    Tarec just won the Strikeforce strap. I don't think he is good enough to beat Condit with a full camp, let alone a shortened one after a five round affair. If he is injured then he should wait. I know a lot of people don't go into a fight without an injury, but that is no reason to not go into a training camp with one.
  • 02-27-2013, 02:32 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    I wouldn't fight Carlos Condit unless I was healthy and ready. I don't blame the guy.
    So I wonder if Tarec was injured when they asked him to fight Nate and he turned it town. You would think it would have been mentioned if he was and the UFC wouldnt have asked him to fight Condit.
  • 02-27-2013, 01:58 AM
    cnlclink
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    How many times would you say a fighter goes in to a fight 100 percent healthy?
    Can't think it is very often however would you want to go into a fight when not totally or near totally healthy? I'm talking pro fight here. Any nagging injury would play on my mind a lot. When I was swimming if my cap was starting to move a bit it would screw with me and I would lose time thinking about it.
  • 02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
    joeodd2
    stepping up on short notice can get you a pat on the back and then a kick in the ass straight out the door if you lose....just ask Demarqus Johnson about that....
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •