Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is The Last Name Of UFC's Iceman?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM
    lwbrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    He doesn't deserved to be cut though.
    How can you say that when your other post stated he he partied with your mates Goose? I assume he never applied for a exemption let along got one.
    Liking him doesn't change the status if he should be cut or not.
    To me it's like putting your finger over a nail and hitting it with a hammer than complaining that it happend.
  • 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
    Sniggles
    Still you put forth much thought unlike others. I respect that.
  • 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You see, the abusers of drugs do not care about the minimum level they can take to obtain the desired effects, but the people who use it medically do. They don't care about a spot on amount but they do care about staying within their comfort zone.
    But their is currently a huge percentage of people with palliative use cards who are not using it medically, they're using it for recreation. Thus, they are abusing, not using their card.

    An alcoholic will not care about the percentage on their liquor, nor will an opiate addict care about snorting too much Oxy. They will only care if they have enough for their next fix.
    depending on their level of functionality, many addicts do worry about dosage. That's how they stay alive.

    It's a mentality of abuse that people have. How do you get rid of that? Proper education and a decent upbringing.
    neither of those have tangible impact on someone who is dependent on a substance.

    I don't really buy the side effects issue. Let's look at the side effects of antidepressants:
    I'm not saying anti-depressants don't have side effects.
    I'm also not saying that weed is more harmful--or even as harmful--as excessive alcohol, which is another statement often misused by "advocates."

    I'm saying it's foolish to ignore the side effects of weed--or pretend they don't even exist--and simply point out something that may be worse. That's like choosing to be punched in the stomach rather than the face.

    Also, nothing I've seen indicates weed has positive impact on depression. It's a depressive drug, and in many cases--not all--has adverse effects on people suffering from depression.

    What you are giving is your opinion on a topic that we are discussing.
    I've given some opinions in this specific post, but you're ignoring that I've given simple and specific facts:
    Weed is not prescribed in the US, it is, at best, recommended for use.
    Clinically, weed is not considered medicine, it is considered a plant with psychoactive qualities that may have medical application.

    Noone can be entirely objective in their arguments as we all have a bias on any issue we have knowledge of. I do appreciate the time you and others take to have a conversation rather than a flame-fest, though.
    I'm not really making an argument here. The bulk of my effort has been to redress some very common misconceptions about prescriptions.

    rh
  • 03-02-2013, 10:16 AM
    Sniggles
    Lol Cat.
  • 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM
    Cat--Smasher
  • 03-02-2013, 07:15 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Sniggles, I'm not sure who that post was directed at, or the psuedo-sanctimonious batman image.
    I just thought the Batman image was funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivethead
    I understand that the purity and weight can be determined fairly easily. I would assume that you know that most users won't/can't be bothered to do so, rendering it conceptually lacking in terms of it actually being prescribed instead of simply recommended. I would also assume that you understand that while it's still illegal, the host of negative side effects associated with it would be fodder for hitherto untold levels of malpractice litigation if it were actually prescribed, instead of simply recommended.
    You see, the abusers of drugs do not care about the minimum level they can take to obtain the desired effects, but the people who use it medically do. They don't care about a spot on amount but they do care about staying within their comfort zone.

    An alcoholic will not care about the percentage on their liquor, nor will an opiate addict care about snorting too much Oxy. They will only care if they have enough for their next fix.

    It's a mentality of abuse that people have. How do you get rid of that? Proper education and a decent upbringing.

    I don't really buy the side effects issue. Let's look at the side effects of antidepressants:

    Nausea
    Insomnia
    Anxiety
    Restlessness
    Decreased sex drive
    Dizziness
    Weight gain
    Tremors
    Sweating
    Sleepiness or fatigue
    Dry mouth
    Diarrhea
    Constipation
    Headaches
    Increased suicidal thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivethead
    I also assume that you understand that while I'm correct in stating that it's not clinically considered medicine; you get that I have no personal stake in whether that decision is just or not. I'm not gleefully rubbing my hands together at the thought of big business keeping the hapless pothead under it's thumb. I'm not reporting something and saying it's morally right, I'm simply reporting what the current facts are.

    rh
    What you are giving is your opinion on a topic that we are discussing. Noone can be entirely objective in their arguments as we all have a bias on any issue we have knowledge of. I do appreciate the time you and others take to have a conversation rather than a flame-fest, though.
  • 03-02-2013, 04:18 AM
    rivethead
    Sniggles, I'm not sure who that post was directed at, or the psuedo-sanctimonious batman image.

    I understand that the purity and weight can be determined fairly easily. I would assume that you know that most users won't/can't be bothered to do so, rendering it conceptually lacking in terms of it actually being prescribed instead of simply recommended. I would also assume that you understand that while it's still illegal, the host of negative side effects associated with it would be fodder for hitherto untold levels of malpractice litigation if it were actually prescribed, instead of simply recommended.

    I also assume that you understand that while I'm correct in stating that it's not clinically considered medicine; you get that I have no personal stake in whether that decision is just or not. I'm not gleefully rubbing my hands together at the thought of big business keeping the hapless pothead under it's thumb. I'm not reporting something and saying it's morally right, I'm simply reporting what the current facts are.

    rh
  • 03-02-2013, 04:03 AM
    kalebarker
    I didn't read the thread so I apologize if I am just rehashing shit.

    I believe Riddle should be able to use weed medicinally and fighters shouldn't be punished for metabolites in their system.

    That being said, Riddle deserved to get cut. The fact is weed is a banned substance by the commissions and the UFC. This is second time he got caught with an illegal substance in his post fight piss in only 7 months. After the first time he should have sought other pharmaceutical's to relieve of the symptoms he weed for.
  • 03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
    H0SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post


    Marijuana can be put on something called a scale, as well as can the purity be determined. You can figure out a dosage with grade 9 chemistry formulas, champ.

    But, no it can't be put into pill form. It can be made into a suspension fluid or a tincture. Before corporations defined the term medicine, tinctures were used as medicine.

    Big Pharma will not support anything that is a plant or is cheap to procure. Something that is illegal will not become legal without the money for studies. If something is not profitable, there will be no money for research. You'd think that the government could provide the money for science, but unfortunately, the largest empire in the world spends money on wars instead of science, so there won't be money from the government.

    This is what it takes for a substance to become legal in medical uses. A process which the government and the larger pharma corps to profit from as smaller companies cannot put the time and money into a single substance.



    Not just speaking for marijuana here, rather everything that gets rejected due to lack of profitability and the dysfunction of western medicine.
    ur stoopid snigs. i get my educashon from a div I school. ur not on my levehl. See?
  • 03-02-2013, 01:22 AM
    Sniggles


    Marijuana can be put on something called a scale, as well as can the purity be determined. You can figure out a dosage with grade 9 chemistry formulas, champ.

    But, no it can't be put into pill form. It can be made into a suspension fluid or a tincture. Before corporations defined the term medicine, tinctures were used as medicine.

    Big Pharma will not support anything that is a plant or is cheap to procure. Something that is illegal will not become legal without the money for studies. If something is not profitable, there will be no money for research. You'd think that the government could provide the money for science, but unfortunately, the largest empire in the world spends money on wars instead of science, so there won't be money from the government.

    This is what it takes for a substance to become legal in medical uses. A process which the government and the larger pharma corps to profit from as smaller companies cannot put the time and money into a single substance.



    Not just speaking for marijuana here, rather everything that gets rejected due to lack of profitability and the dysfunction of western medicine.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •