Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Benson Henderson addresses fans about finishing rate

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is the last name of UFC's President?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 04-25-2013, 05:24 AM
    Iron Triangle
    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Which is the main reason I hated UFC adding all of these lighter divisions. Sure, there is more and quicker action, but who wants to watch a 5 round slap fest? Benson Henderson may very well split decision the shit out of the 155 pound division, but I'd rather watch bigger fighter finish fights.
    Oh its only going to get better if the Straw division is added.
  • 04-25-2013, 05:20 AM
    v3xi
    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    BJ's towel didn't get thrown in because he was gassed. BJ got the shit kicked out of him for 4 rounds and had nothing left for GSP.
    BJs corner kept on asking him "do you want this BJ" and BJ wouldnt respond anymore. Then they threw in the towel. He tapped, and in the most pussy way possible, especially after TO THE DEATH. You all forget that BJ was the favorite going in to this fight on these boards, not many had GSP winning, and then BJ got fucking waxed and then all you hear is greasing and then when that wore out all you heard was "it didnt matter anyway GSP was bigger".

    Bendo is awesome. Retards here will complain about every UFC main card because they have nothing better to do. As the sport evolves there will be more and more decisions since everyone is getting more well rounded.
  • 04-25-2013, 02:58 AM
    initial_zen
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    And GSP's stoppage of BJ Penn was just BJ gassing and quitting on the bench between rounds. The last time GSP stopped someone during a round was Matt Serra in April 2008
    BJ's towel didn't get thrown in because he was gassed. BJ got the shit kicked out of him for 4 rounds and had nothing left for GSP.
  • 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM
    goodtimes
    Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    Pettis finishes fights.
    Against gatekeepers. He's never fought a top 5 guy in the UFC (none of the guys in the WEC were considered top 5 at the time either). He lost to Guida and barely beat Stephens. He wouldn't even be considered a #1 contender if he didn't hold that razor thin decision win over Bendo in the WEC.
  • 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
    Chillzone
    Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    Pettis finishes fights.
    He's also not been fighting the no. 1 contenders either. He choked against Guida and decisioned Bendo in their first fight, so that is a false statement. Sure, he can finish brawlers who aren't anywhere near a title shot, but when you're constantly fighting the number 1 contender, then I'm sure it's tougher to get the finish.
  • 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
    lwbrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Fuck, maybe if you make your font larger your point will get better. No need to be a douche about it... although I guess you feel there is.

    In that "whole article" not once does he say anthing about actually finishing fights or the lack of. If you want to take his statement that "he gives it his all" and that's addressing it fine but it's not to me.
    Well you noticed.

    Just because you didn't like the fight or his response just over he did it indirectly.
    My take of what he said was he gives his all can go all day and if ya don't like it he still has the belt and thanks his real fans. Weather you like it or not is up to you.
  • 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
    1inthechamber
    Yea he was sure pushing for that final bell, just circling away from melendez in the 5th. I hate these bs decisions, he also coasted a bit in the 5th in the second Edgar fight and he should have lost that one as well imo.
  • 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM
    quikslvrxx
    Pettis finishes fights.
  • 04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
    IrishX(aka bornbear)
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    THE WHOLE ARTICALhe stated he gives his all is getting better everyday, and he has the belt
    Fuck, maybe if you make your font larger your point will get better. No need to be a douche about it... although I guess you feel there is.

    In that "whole article" not once does he say anthing about actually finishing fights or the lack of. If you want to take his statement that "he gives it his all" and that's addressing it fine but it's not to me.
  • 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
    rough-n-tumble
    Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    No it was BJ Penn's corner throwing in the towel not BJ quitting.
    Vielen dank! GSP beat the piss out of Penn in their 2nd fight. And that was the fight Penn vowed to die in the cage. :-\

    I'd surely like to see more finishes but do understand that at the top it becomes much more difficult to finish an elite fighter.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •