Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: If Anderson wins convincingly...

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 06-26-2013, 04:02 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

    If you want to talk honorless, look at Bisping or Koscheck. =)
    LOL well I never expect honor to come from an asshole. People like Bisping and Koscheck typically feed off of evil and hatred and use it for political gain.

    Back on RJJ and Silva though I think they both have too much respect for eachother. I would bet my Tahoe on Silva strictly boxing RJJ even in the octagon (all accidental kicks to the face aside).
  • 06-26-2013, 02:51 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Silva has honor and I highly doubt he would do anything outside of boxing. I can't see him pulling a Randy Couture on James Toney.
    I doubt that's what it would come down to, nor do I think it was honorless for Couture to beat Toney within the realms of the rules. Wouldn't happen but it's nice to dream about such a fight.

    If you want to talk honorless, look at Bisping or Koscheck. =)
  • 06-26-2013, 02:44 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    RJJ would not dare fight Anderson under Unified MMA Rules. Hell would have to freeze over for the UFC to have a boxing main event.
    Silva has honor and I highly doubt he would do anything outside of boxing. I can't see him pulling a Randy Couture on James Toney.
  • 06-26-2013, 02:42 AM
    Sniggles
    RJJ would not dare fight Anderson under Unified MMA Rules. Hell would have to freeze over for the UFC to have a boxing main event.
  • 06-26-2013, 02:40 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It's clear that GSP does not want the fight. Silva continuously beats a dead horse.

    It MIGHT be a possibility but Jones/Silva is far more likely. Then again, I am wrong often more often than not.



    I can't say I blame GSP or Silva for not wanting to fight a much bigger opponent. I say Dana lets Roy Jones Jr come in to fight Silva in a superfight after Weidman.

    May as well because no other superfight is happening anytime soon.
  • 06-26-2013, 02:37 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I guess that would explain why Silva said he would fight both starting with GSP who was rated number 1 p4p at the time (a fight that should have happened before Jones was even in the UFC)
    It's clear that GSP does not want the fight. Silva continuously beats a dead horse.

    It MIGHT be a possibility but Jones/Silva is far more likely. Then again, I am wrong often more often than not.
  • 06-26-2013, 02:34 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Everyone expects more from Silva because he is so great in the Octagon.

    Yet, asking for a fight with a smaller champion while brushing aside any chance of competing with another champion that is at a closer weight to he is not an action of greatness. Anderson's ego wants GSP for his legacy, but Anderson's ego fears Jones because of that same legacy.

    At the end of the day, I would love to watch GSP/Silva AND Silva/Jones but I am resigned to the fate that only one will be seen.
    I guess that would explain why Silva said he would fight both starting with GSP who was rated number 1 p4p at the time (a fight that should have happened before Jones was even in the UFC)

    That is kinda like saying GSP fears Hendricks because he called out Diaz 1st.
  • 06-26-2013, 01:48 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    DISCLAIMER- I AM NOT A SILVA FAN OR HATER. I SIMPLY EXPECT MORE FROM HIM FROM TIME TO TIME.

    The fact that guys are even saying he needs to defeat another champion in a higher weight class is CERTAINLY proof of Silva's greatness and shows just how far above all other contenders he actually is.

    Jones and Aldo will be held to a similar standard but I suspect they will have both moved up prior to the incessant clamoring that surrounds Anderson.
    Everyone expects more from Silva because he is so great in the Octagon.

    Yet, asking for a fight with a smaller champion while brushing aside any chance of competing with another champion that is at a closer weight to he is not an action of greatness. Anderson's ego wants GSP for his legacy, but Anderson's ego fears Jones because of that same legacy.

    At the end of the day, I would love to watch GSP/Silva AND Silva/Jones but I am resigned to the fate that only one will be seen.
  • 06-26-2013, 01:30 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I dont.
    Well I work in a corporate environment where shit like labor laws and HR policies come into play. I don't work in a slave shop.

    If you work in an environment where you can't express your opinion you should probably consider working elsewhere because that is bullshit.


    One last time, people: You CAN say what you want at work and you are free from being imprisoned or beaten for it. HOWEVER, YOU CAN AND OFTEN WILL be fired, suspended, etc. if you say things your employer deems to be outside of the code of conduct for your position.
    You are a very intelligent poster so I am sure you got my point (all syntax, semantics and grammatical errors aside).

    I am still waiting to see someone indicate that Silva amongst other fighters in the UFC don't have a right to have an opinion of their opponent or their next fight especially when they are constantly getting a microphone stuffed in their face.

    None of it matters as he still had to fight Henderson, Vitor, Sonnen twice and now Weidman.

    Btw gentlemen thanks for the correction.
  • 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    All of those guys came down to him; unlike the expectation of Anderson to move up.
    sure, I get that. And most people have zero concept of pound for pound.

    When are people going to FINALLY understand the difference between freedom of speech and press and employee's code of conduct?????

    One last time, people: You CAN say what you want at work and you are free from being imprisoned or beaten for it. HOWEVER, YOU CAN AND OFTEN WILL be fired, suspended, etc. if you say things your employer deems to be outside of the code of conduct for your position.
    doood. you're infringing on their freedom of speech by not allowing them to spread blatantly foolish misinformation on the interwebs. that's like, totes nazi. and stuff.

    rh
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •