Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Georges St-Pierre Doesn’t Want to Fight Anderson Silva, “That’s a Fact,” Says White

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
    The Donosaur
    Can all super fight threads officially be dead now?
  • 07-07-2013, 04:18 AM
    JacktheRipper
    edit:

    shit wrong thread
  • 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    So Silva doesn't respect Jones or what he's accomplished? I think Silva's desire to fight GSP is transparent.
    Has been transparent for 4 years. Yawn.
  • 07-07-2013, 02:02 AM
    grambino
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Not everyone puts size > skill or views GSP as a fighter that is inept in his ability to beat Silva. See this is what makes me appreciate guys like Diaz because despite fighting at WW at least he had the balls to want to fight the best fighter on the planet mind you GSP had no problems dealing with Nick's size and length.

    Silva wanted to fight GSP because he respects what the man has done in the sport and considers him one of the best fighters of all time. He wanted this fight back when there was no Jon Jones. This was way back when people had the audacity to place GSP above Silva in the p4p rankings.


    Also I disagree with your statement that Jones and Silva are similiar in size.

    As far as Silva Vs Jones I think Jack Slack said it best:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...anderson-silva
    So Silva doesn't respect Jones or what he's accomplished? I think Silva's desire to fight GSP is transparent.
  • 07-06-2013, 08:50 PM
    RearNakedStroke
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Not to mention that the gap between MW and LHW is the largest in the sport.
    Almost. Jones faces a much bigger obstacle when he eventually moves up to HW.
  • 07-06-2013, 03:14 PM
    SimpleJack
    Not to mention that the gap between MW and LHW is the largest in the sport.
  • 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    GSP, Silva and Jones have similar situations. Dominant to the point that most casual fans clamor for them to make super fights. More so, the Dana wants them as well, but only for monetary reasons with total disregard for the purity of the sport.

    My personal belief is that GSP takes the most grief in this triangle. There isn't a smaller fighter in this equation for GSP. Silva is willing to fight GSP so he's a supposed true warrior, same goes for Jones willingness to fight Silva. Jones and Silva are similar in size and their fight makes the most sense if one of these fights needs to happen. NONE of them should happen.

    I don't believe any of the three are the #1 challenger in the weight class above. Silva beats GSP, Jones beats Silva and Cain beats Jones. None of those results would or should have an effect on any sane P4P list. Instead of berating a man who chooses to stay in his division and take on all challengers, berate the man who wants to call out fighters with a clear size disadvantage.
    Not everyone puts size > skill or views GSP as a fighter that is inept in his ability to beat Silva. See this is what makes me appreciate guys like Diaz because despite fighting at WW at least he had the balls to want to fight the best fighter on the planet mind you GSP had no problems dealing with Nick's size and length.

    Silva wanted to fight GSP because he respects what the man has done in the sport and considers him one of the best fighters of all time. He wanted this fight back when there was no Jon Jones. This was way back when people had the audacity to place GSP above Silva in the p4p rankings.


    Also I disagree with your statement that Jones and Silva are similiar in size.

    As far as Silva Vs Jones I think Jack Slack said it best:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...anderson-silva
  • 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM
    K1NG P3NN
    I don't even want GSP to fight Anderson anymore, so I can't blame the guy. Honestly could care less about any super fight. They will never be fair to either person. If the bigger person wins, he was supposed to, but it will still diminish his legacy in his own division if he was to lose. Personally I am just waiting for the Aldo-Jones talks to start ^0^
  • 07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
    grambino
    GSP, Silva and Jones have similar situations. Dominant to the point that most casual fans clamor for them to make super fights. More so, the Dana wants them as well, but only for monetary reasons with total disregard for the purity of the sport.

    My personal belief is that GSP takes the most grief in this triangle. There isn't a smaller fighter in this equation for GSP. Silva is willing to fight GSP so he's a supposed true warrior, same goes for Jones willingness to fight Silva. Jones and Silva are similar in size and their fight makes the most sense if one of these fights needs to happen. NONE of them should happen.

    I don't believe any of the three are the #1 challenger in the weight class above. Silva beats GSP, Jones beats Silva and Cain beats Jones. None of those results would or should have an effect on any sane P4P list. Instead of berating a man who chooses to stay in his division and take on all challengers, berate the man who wants to call out fighters with a clear size disadvantage.
  • 07-06-2013, 05:30 AM
    YukonJordan
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    All points you just made are easily applicable to Silva fighting Jones yet fight fans are nutting up to see this fight materialize regardless. The perception I get is that people expect Silva to fight bigger opponents but GSP gets a pass.
    Fans only do that because Silva himself talks about fighting Jon Jones and has tested himself (albeit against low ranked fighters or an easy stylistic matchup in Griffin) at LHW. Either that or he has to be talked into defending his title because the opponent doesn't have a "big enough name". GSP on the other hand constantly downplays the Silva match-up because he's focused on being the WW champion. He certainly isn't trying to publicly goad Benson Henderson into a superfight.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •