Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Paige VanZant won't be part of The Ultimate Fighter 20 women's strawweight cast

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 06-25-2014, 09:47 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    From TUF reject to UFC fighter, Paige VanZant says road to Octagon 'bittersweet'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/25/58...act-anyway-mma
    Something that was both a blessing and bittersweet for Paige as she recently explained on The MMA Hour:

    "It was a concern for me. I didn't know if they made a mistake or not. I went to the bantamweight tryouts just to be with teammates and help them out. I saw that one of the stipulations was that you had to be 21, and then, actually Dana White called me and said that I was on the show. I wasn't going to second guess him, I was completely in shock. I was excited. I knew it might come up and it was terrible that it did. But I ended up getting a UFC contract anyways, so all in all, it worked out pretty good for me. They called and and said, 'you're not on the show, sorry, but you still get the contract'. So it was kind of bittersweet for me. I don't have the experience of going in the house and I don't get to work with those coaches. But then again, I don't have to go into the house and put up with 15 girls all cutting weight at the same time."
  • 04-04-2014, 12:30 PM
    KevoOnTheRadio
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yeah but I'm not talking about back in the day I'm talking about now lol.
    And right now it's a growing weight class. Like the LW and smaller divisions before it.
  • 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM
    IceCold48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Back in the day... outside of a couple marketable champs, not many people cared enough to watch males compete in mma either. Hell, outside of the UFC, not much of the general public gives two shits about mma. Half the fans on this forum couldnt tell you who is fighting in tongiht's Bellator card without having to Google it.

    The UFC will continue the wmma promo machine moving forward and you will see it gain awareness and popularity for its talent and not just its sex appeal.
    Yeah but I'm not talking about back in the day I'm talking about now lol.
  • 04-04-2014, 10:50 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It isn't as interesting as all the men's weight classes a large majority of people had no clue who any of these girls were and its because they don't care enough to watch women's MMA. Aside from anything involving Ronda, the buzz for women's MMA in terms of it being a sport, is very low. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.


    Back in the day... outside of a couple marketable champs, not many people cared enough to watch males compete in mma either. Hell, outside of the UFC, not much of the general public gives two shits about mma. Half the fans on this forum couldnt tell you who is fighting in tongiht's Bellator card without having to Google it.

    The UFC will continue the wmma promo machine moving forward and you will see it gain awareness and popularity for its talent and not just its sex appeal.
  • 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM
    IceCold48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree, wmma is interesting and the conversations go to looks because males are dirty fuckers. Paige was able to handle Torres for 3 rounds, so she has my respect.
    It isn't as interesting as all the men's weight classes a large majority of people had no clue who any of these girls were and its because they don't care enough to watch women's MMA. Aside from anything involving Ronda, the buzz for women's MMA in terms of it being a sport, is very low. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
  • 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    Speaking of attractive and talented ladies.... Maybe it wasnt an April Fools joke after all...

    Gina Carano meeting with Dana White next week to discuss UFC future
  • 04-04-2014, 02:29 AM
    Fe1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree, wmma is interesting and the conversations go to looks because males are dirty fuckers. Paige was able to handle Torres for 3 rounds, so she has my respect.
    ^^^This. I do find WMMA interesting. It's just that I (as well as most of you filthy bastards) gets easily distracted by hot fighters so it's incredibly easy for conversations about female fighters to basically deteriorate to "nice tits"
  • 04-04-2014, 12:53 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Plus WMMA is not all that interesting as a whole so that's why it always goes to a conversation about looks.
    I disagree, wmma is interesting and the conversations go to looks because males are dirty fuckers. Paige was able to handle Torres for 3 rounds, so she has my respect.
  • 04-04-2014, 12:16 AM
    IceCold48
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    It speaks volumes to the place of WMMA that in 3 pages, not once have I seen 1 comment about anything besides how they look.
    Well the article wasn't about hers or anyone else's fighting it was about her age because somehow no one in the world should be attracted to 20 year olds because they are soooooo young. Plus WMMA is not all that interesting as a whole so that's why it always goes to a conversation about looks.
  • 04-03-2014, 10:42 PM
    W.Silva>C.Norris
    It speaks volumes to the place of WMMA that in 3 pages, not once have I seen 1 comment about anything besides how they look.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •