Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Lebens Post fight comments!!

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is the last name of UFC's President?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-21-2006, 06:16 AM
    Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    IMO he did back it up...he came to FIGHT and put the stamp on someone,he tried his best and called out who he felt was the most talented guy there to fight....he lost a BS decision that should have went to the third round because imo he won the first round...and then he was beating on Florian pretty good and got cut...he came to fight and laid it all out on the line. And yeah i seen people talking shit because he was emotional after the fight.Like you said he wraps his whole existence around being a fighter and all his hopes and dreams were winning that competition and what he had been working for the past 5 years and suddenly his dream was taken away with a 2 round bs fight/wrestling match.(1st season guys didnt know they'd be aloud to be able to fight in UFC still) I'd be emotional to and anyone that says different is a fucking liar or a cyborg.The guy fights with his heart...
    Man he talked shit ALL THE TIME. Thats all he did untill he came back to replace Nate. Now ive never disputed that the guys got heart. Thats obviouse. But besides that all he really has is a chin and his mouth. Now those three things can take you far but he will never reach the top or really ever come close to it. IMO he's just a mediocore fighter with a mouth.
  • 08-21-2006, 04:57 AM
    LebenTysonTank
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Yeah thacker did suck and would have lost to any fighter. But my point is Leben did a whole lot of shit talking and didnt back it up. He's insecure and thats why he talks so much shit and wraps his whole existence in being a fighter. He is right about one think MMA fans and fans of any sport really flip flop like mother fuckers. Just like most of the ppl on these forums. They say one thing and then when all the chips are down they back track and say something different. If your going to voice your opinion then you need to stand behind what you say.
    IMO he did back it up...he came to FIGHT and put the stamp on someone,he tried his best and called out who he felt was the most talented guy there to fight....he lost a BS decision that should have went to the third round because imo he won the first round...and then he was beating on Florian pretty good and got cut...he came to fight and laid it all out on the line. And yeah i seen people talking shit because he was emotional after the fight.Like you said he wraps his whole existence around being a fighter and all his hopes and dreams were winning that competition and what he had been working for the past 5 years and suddenly his dream was taken away with a 2 round bs fight/wrestling match.(1st season guys didnt know they'd be aloud to be able to fight in UFC still) I'd be emotional to and anyone that says different is a fucking liar or a cyborg.The guy fights with his heart...
  • 08-21-2006, 01:38 AM
    Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    The ONE time I did respect Bobby was when he tried to help Thacker not lose his confidence,even though it didn't matter how much confidence he had,he was gonna get destroyed by any fighter there.But Bobby is a shallow douche who probably did it just for the camera,as when time went on his TRUE colors truely shined through.Chris wasn't being a dick he just said I'm not here to take time out to pick him up when he falls,I'm worried about ME winning this competition,I can't take time out to make sure someone else is stepping up there game,I wanna win this thing.And in closing quote the harsh reality...Leben said it best. "If you suck shit,you suck shit,you gotta bounce."

    Yeah thacker did suck and would have lost to any fighter. But my point is Leben did a whole lot of shit talking and didnt back it up. He's insecure and thats why he talks so much shit and wraps his whole existence in being a fighter. He is right about one think MMA fans and fans of any sport really flip flop like mother fuckers. Just like most of the ppl on these forums. They say one thing and then when all the chips are down they back track and say something different. If your going to voice your opinion then you need to stand behind what you say.
  • 08-21-2006, 12:49 AM
    fe4tw
    I remember Hughes saying Gracie wasn't in his prime anymore, I don't know what you're exactly referring to but I don't consider that shit talking. It wasn't like he was saying Gracie "sucked shit" like Leben said about other fighters in TUF1.
  • 08-21-2006, 12:22 AM
    kronous76
    Quote Originally Posted by fe4tw
    Hughes comes off as a tough guy, even a little prickish but when has he ever talked shit?
    It was a general statement that all fighters talk shit. Most of you guys don't seem to have problems when it's hughes or many of other fighters talking shit...and yes matt has just incase you never watched any of the promos for hughes/gracie fight or any other of his fights for that fact.
  • 08-20-2006, 03:45 AM
    stalker
    leban`s contract completion is mentione by ninja,
    i`m sure he`s one with a contact. i don`t see leban leaving the ufc without
    a offer being mention by him,i never read zuffa`s reason for the headhunter`s release.
  • 08-20-2006, 03:08 AM
    LebenTysonTank
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    poor bob i thought he was going to lose 5 pounds of water... from his heart
    and drop dead during the show! leban and his mouth and heart still got him a title shot with bobby in the parking lot ring, i hope they drop me a address.

    what`s leban going to do with kos? isn`t kos at 170 and has i decent contract. leban`s contract is complete. kos needs a card spot bad before `07. pride has gomi and i think if zuffa sends kos pride might just bit!
    gomi&penn in oct would also be good.
    What are Lebens and Kos's contracts? (details)
  • 08-20-2006, 02:47 AM
    stalker
    poor bob i thought he was going to lose 5 pounds of water... from his heart
    and drop dead during the show! leban and his mouth and heart still got him a title shot with bobby in the parking lot ring, i hope they drop me a address.

    what`s leban going to do with kos? isn`t kos at 170 and has i decent contract. leban`s contract is complete. kos needs a card spot bad before `07. pride has gomi and i think if zuffa sends kos pride might just bit!
    gomi&penn in oct would also be good.
  • 08-20-2006, 02:13 AM
    LebenTysonTank
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Yeah what Koscheck and Southworth did wasnt cool. However, its wasnt like Leben didnt have some kind of retaliation comming to him. Now calling a guy a fatherless bastard is too extreme but ppl seem to forget how much of an asshole Leben was leading up to that point. Now i remember how Thacker wanted to quite and how Southworth was the guy that convinced him not to give up on his dream. And then i remember Leben being a total prick and constantly talking shit to Thacker. And bring up how we wouldnt have done any better against Silva is gay. Its like yeah not shit but we didnt talk shit for weeks and then KOed in less than a minute. Fuck Leben.
    The ONE time I did respect Bobby was when he tried to help Thacker not lose his confidence,even though it didn't matter how much confidence he had,he was gonna get destroyed by any fighter there.But Bobby is a shallow douche who probably did it just for the camera,as when time went on his TRUE colors truely shined through.Chris wasn't being a dick he just said I'm not here to take time out to pick him up when he falls,I'm worried about ME winning this competition,I can't take time out to make sure someone else is stepping up there game,I wanna win this thing.And in closing quote the harsh reality...Leben said it best. "If you suck shit,you suck shit,you gotta bounce."
  • 08-20-2006, 01:19 AM
    Nick
    Chris Leben reminds me of the Tank Abbot of old. He is a knock out puncher who sometimes can get very sloppy, but can take a punch. I don't think he will be fighting for the title anytime soon, but if he improves maybe someday. Right now he'll put butts in the seat with his getting hit in the head 20 or so times a fight.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •