Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Sylvia turns down fight with Fedor

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is The Last Name Of UFC's Iceman?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
    dagreat1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    I'm sure you have some good, original points to add to this thread hidden within that statement somewhere.

    git.
    No not likely and he'd probably just keep capitalizing the first letter in each word of every sentence.

    Note to posters - Please do not feed the troll.
  • 08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
    Hypergit
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBHEURING
    I Love Mma And I Realy Want To Like Pride But I Cant Not The Way The Act There Like Little Girls Who Tell You How Bad They Are But Never Show Up
    Looks like the title for an essay of hatred, the way all the first letters are caps. Kudos to your shift key for its stamina though.

    Although I respect(ish) your opinion, I fail to see how Pride 'act like little girls' or 'tell us how bad they are' any more than other promotions.

    Maybe you could elaborate - I'm sure you have some good, original points to add to this thread hidden within that statement somewhere.

    git.
  • 08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
    BOBHEURING
    I Love Mma And I Realy Want To Like Pride But I Cant Not The Way The Act There Like Little Girls Who Tell You How Bad They Are But Never Show Up
  • 08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
    Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Happy?
    Douche?
  • 08-24-2006, 01:46 PM
    Hypergit
    Quote Originally Posted by alahyousious
    Just for my own personal knowledge, when was Dana White proven a liar? Any business man or economic teacher will tell you that the Japanese are very tough negotiators.
    frequently lies and bends the truth - I'm not going to go out on a limb, but trust me he's no angel. He is also a tough negotiator - it's generally 'his way or the highway' it seems when it comes to fighter contracts etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by alahyousious
    World wide Pride has very little to lose. In the U.S. the causal MMA fan most likely only watches the UFC. If the number one Pride lhw loses to the UFC lhw champ Pride might lose face to the CASUAL MMA fan in the U.S.
    Sorry I don't see your point here - it looks like you are agreeing with me. The casual fans don't know pride so if Wand lost, Pride lose a little face, but maybe even gain overall because at least the fans know their name (certainly if Wand put a show on). If they win it's party time. They certainly stood to gain far more than they could lose, and at UFC's expence too, but it is not worth speculating on because my entire point of that paragraph was that it's not worth speculating lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by alahyousious
    LOL ok I could have made my last to sentences a new paragraph but I did not. First you need to learn to spell apostrophes before you go telling anyone how to use them. I did not use any plurals that really needed an apostrophe.
    "Until Pride comes out and tells there side" their, not there
    "Now because of that its easy to believe" apostrophe in it's (please note the spelling of 'apostrophe' - nice ty)
    "Thats why everyone keeps bringing Chuck vs Silva up" apostrophe in that's please.
    "Its pretty obvious" apostrophe in it's again. 'Its' always needs an apostrophe unless 'it' is being used as a pronoun (for future reference)
    "thats fine I dont care" apostrophe in that's again. That's will always need one.
    "until both organizations pull there head out of there ass" head and ass need to be plural, both theres should be theirs
    "most of us to believe that for some reason Pride back out" backed out
    "Oh yeah and hows my english." it would have been better with an apostrophe in how's.

    clarification complete. We should really start a thread in off-topic called 'how's my English' for this kinda thing, but I can never resist being a good samaritan.

    git.
  • 08-24-2006, 03:22 AM
    alahyousious
    1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    1. No, we can't just go with whatever Dana says - the man is a proven liar. He's not just gunna say, "yeah, I was being hard to negotiate with." and besides, maybe the Japanese are more polite than to discuss business publicly.



    2. Pride Risk<<<< UFC Gain<<<<
    Thus, regardless of the chances of Chuck winning, Pride wanted this to happen so much more than UFC that, thinking medium/long term, Dana really shouldn't have even considered it. And no way should Pride have backed out.

    Consider that there are multiple political reasons why Dana could want to -appear- to want this fight without any intention of it happening (just one example could be to convince UFC fans that he has been fucked over by Pride and that Pride are bad guys undeserving of ppv buys...)

    See - speculation here is, at best, fruitless. Basically, we don't know what happened yet.



    3. No. I love both Pride and UFC roughly equally. I also distrust their managements equally, although many seem to distrust Pride more even to the point of racism (I've heard ww2 mentioned etc etc)



    I agree for the most part, however the real problem is not the organizations' ass intrusions - it is capitalism. You are right that we will only rarely see the best matchups, but the reason for that is the economic structure the organizations operate within. I go into more detail on this here: http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread...ght=money+trap



    4. Ok. You certainly need paragraphs, and your plurals and appostrophes need thoroughly re-learning. I'll give you C- but a B for effort.

    git.
    1. Just for my own personal knowledge, when was Dana White proven a liar? Any business man or economic teacher will tell you that the Japanese are very tough negotiators.

    2. World wide Pride has very little to lose. In the U.S. the causal MMA fan most likely only watches the UFC. If the number one Pride lhw loses to the UFC lhw champ Pride might lose face to the CASUAL MMA fan in the U.S.

    3. Yeah agreed

    4. LOL ok I could have made my last to sentences a new paragraph but I did not. First you need to learn to spell apostrophes before you go telling anyone how to use them. I did not use any plurals that really needed an apostrophe.
  • 08-24-2006, 01:07 AM
    Boo
    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Ill worry about my grammar when im writing reports and essays. This is an MMA forum. So dont be a know it all fag. Ohh and before you start giving me shit maybe you should worry about learning how to quote correctly.
    Happy?
  • 08-23-2006, 11:50 PM
    prideFAN
    Quote Originally Posted by baba
    Yea its got nothing to do with the fact that Pride used the UFC for free PPV exposure twice and then renigged on all fight deals. Why send Sylvia to a Pride show now? Why help that two-faced organization do anything? Sylvia has called out Fedor more than once and would love to fight him, and though he might lose, its more about business than anything. Pride is about as reliable and trustworthy as France. No hope in convincing a nuthugger like yourself though -- so keep handling youself each night staring at posters of Fedor.
    Sounds to me your nuthuggen the ufc. It was never said who broke deal between pride and the ufc. Why would pride need free ppv exposure they have their own ppv events.
  • 08-23-2006, 10:40 PM
    killerinstinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Please allow me to help out a fellow American. You + are is called a contraction. The "a" in are is dropped and replaced with ', thus you're. I think you meant from, not form, but England is good. All together now, "You're from England?" Can't have those mother-country types show us up, now can we?

    I think this pointless speculation is making me cranky. Time to move on.
    Look we got another fucking English teacher on here.
  • 08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
    killerinstinct
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    I don't think so but the fact that the Live gate is 2-3 times the UFC live gate you would have to assume that the PPV must be close to 2 times the UFC's as well.
    I don't think so.The UFC's gate is partially do to the fact that the majority of their events are in Las Vegas.If mma was sanctioned in New York or some of the other major cities their attendance would be much better.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •