Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Bj Penn vs Anderon Silva

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is the last name of UFC's President?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 10-19-2006, 03:01 AM
    WadoKai
    I think Matt Hughes would have a better chance with Silva than BJ would. And I'm not a Matt Hughes fan, but at 185, his type of ground game would be similar to the ground game of the person who'll be the first to beat Silva in the UFC.
  • 10-19-2006, 02:52 AM
    killerinstinct
    Silva isn't some god ,b/c he beat up Rich"weak chin'Franklin.Silva is extremely good ,but to think he would murder BJ Penn or even Hughes is ridiculous.BJ Penn would have a chance ,especially if he took the fight to the ground.My prediction would be Silva winning though.
  • 10-19-2006, 02:34 AM
    Dork8503
    I will say that bj is great at ww and would even be great at lw but im sorry im not gonna say he would be great at mw, alot of people want to give so many reasons why bj looses, bj always has some reason why he lost just like alot of people here that defend him. Let me say this so everyone can can know im not calling him a bitch or anything, Bj is a great figther, that cant be taken away from him. But to say he could go up in weight and be just as good thats crap i dont care about his past fights, by saying oh look he didnt get knocked out he has a great chin. I not saying Anderson is the greatest in the world because like someone else said hes only fought 2 times in the ufc and he has lost before, but i am saying he would tko or knock bj out. Even if you have the greatest chin in the world punch after punch you will soon go down. If bj has such a great chin and this and that why dont he test his skills against lw seeing he cant be knocked out, thats because guys like tito would beat him down and someone like chuck would knock him out cold. Bj should just stay right where he is, because if he ever goes to mw an looses all you penn lovers will just make some reason why he lost.
  • 10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
    bboyphl
    Quote Originally Posted by chungt79
    Come on people...As the Wolf from Pulp Fiction once said, "lets not suck on each others' dicks just yet".
    I can't believe you said that. Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie and seeing that just made me like you as a poster more. But you have good points and I like you as a poster anyway.
  • 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
    iced
    this thread should be in the "dream fights" section. it just won't happen.
  • 10-18-2006, 08:07 PM
    chungt79
    Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    I'm not taking anything away from penn being a great fighter because he is. Penn was never tko'ed or ko'ed ever but then hughes tko'ed him, i dont care if it was because matt cracked his rib or not he got stoped. And im not saying bj couldnt beat matt in a rematch. But what i am saying is that penn against anderson is not a good match bj would get ko'd i dont care how good his chin is with the strikeing and the knees that anderson throws it would be to much for him and would get ko'ed. Anderson would tie him up knee his ribs to shit then just knocked him out. And believe me anderson will be beat just not by bj.
    Come on people...As the Wolf from Pulp Fiction once said, "lets not suck on each others' dicks just yet". Silva had two fights under his belt in UFC and he has been beaten before. Afterall, he did lose his last two fights in Pride.

    BJ is a much smarter fighter than Franklin and I've never seen anyone get caught on a clinch like Franklin did. BJ would not get caught on a clinch and there is more to BJ's fighting than striking. If we can see Silva is the better striker I am sure BJ will see it too and he has the option of taking the guy to the ground. On the ground, I would give the edge to BJ.

    Silva is not invincible and this fight will be 50/50 as are most fights.
  • 10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
    Dork8503
    I'm not taking anything away from penn being a great fighter because he is. Penn was never tko'ed or ko'ed ever but then hughes tko'ed him, i dont care if it was because matt cracked his rib or not he got stoped. And im not saying bj couldnt beat matt in a rematch. But what i am saying is that penn against anderson is not a good match bj would get ko'd i dont care how good his chin is with the strikeing and the knees that anderson throws it would be to much for him and would get ko'ed. Anderson would tie him up knee his ribs to shit then just knocked him out. And believe me anderson will be beat just not by bj.
  • 10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
    strife
    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Well if BJ's chin is as good as you claim then he might have a chance. But I still don't see this as a very good match up for him.
    Go watch some Lyoto Machida fights, you will change your mind about BJ's chin.
  • 10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
    Punk Ass
    Quote Originally Posted by chungt79
    You seem to give yourself too much credit, but your lack of knowledge in MMA seems obvious as well as your lack of understanding of this thread.

    First of all, there would not be a thread here on this topic if people didn't know there was difference in weight classes. So it breaks down like this

    People who think BJ can overcome the physical disadvantages
    Vs.
    People who feel Silva will be superior due to his physique or his skills

    Second, weight and strength advantages are very little if the fight goes to the ground. I weigh 170 but I practice GJJ against people who are well over 200 lbs all the time. I say this only to show you I have the credentials to make such statement.

    As to the striking, BJ has never been KOed in his career. He fought against Lyoto and lost by decision and as you may or may not know, Lyoto is the other 185lb guy who beat Franklin.

    I will say it again that whoever doesn't give BJ a chance is just crazy.
    Well if BJ's chin is as good as you claim then he might have a chance. But I still don't see this as a very good match up for him.
  • 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM
    chungt79
    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    All of you don't seem to know anything about the advantages or disadvantages of going up or down in weight. I think most of you all never watched boxing before you started watching MMA because you all sound ignorant.

    Have ya'll ever heared of a height, weight, and reach advantage?? If there wasn't such a thing then light weights would fight HWs. BJ is way to small for Silva!! If Silva has any type of ground defense he would overpower BJ and knock him out. The only reason BJ fights MWs at all is because his heart is to big for his brain.

    Not only does Silva have every physical advantage, but he's also a better striker, and I think BJ would accually try to stand and trade with him.

    Silva by KO 44 sec. in the 1st rd.

    You seem to give yourself too much credit, but your lack of knowledge in MMA seems obvious as well as your lack of understanding of this thread.

    First of all, there would not be a thread here on this topic if people didn't know there was difference in weight classes. So it breaks down like this

    People who think BJ can overcome the physical disadvantages
    Vs.
    People who feel Silva will be superior due to his physique or his skills

    Second, weight and strength advantages are very little if the fight goes to the ground. I weigh 170 but I practice GJJ against people who are well over 200 lbs all the time. I say this only to show you I have the credentials to make such statement.

    As to the striking, BJ has never been KOed in his career. He fought against Lyoto and lost by decision and as you may or may not know, Lyoto is the other 185lb guy who beat Franklin.

    I will say it again that whoever doesn't give BJ a chance is just crazy.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •