Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Thoughts on Dana's antics and the best P4P:

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 12-16-2010, 07:06 AM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    In the order of the posts and and the fact that RH had just replied to what I was saying, and you used a quote of his that he used to reply to me, it is very easy to think it was directed at me. I am not "butt hurt", I just felt that was out of line considering the quality of posts that I have here. I usually don't post unless I have something descent to say.

    With that being said, I am a big enough man to admit when I was wrong. So if that was not directed to me, then I sincerely apologize. And no, I won't come back and say that if it's not true. Maybe I should have asked, but with the same token, it was very bad timing on your part especially by not calling out a name.

    Either way, it is what it is. I'm cool, but we can continue if you would like
    My bad too. I wasn't paying any attention to who Rivet was responding to or who was talking with him. I just took that one comment he made and responded to it. It was more out of frustration for the entire topic than at anyone. I shouldn't of written it the way I did. My apologizes if you thought I was directing that towards you.
  • 12-16-2010, 12:55 AM
    TN94z
    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    hehe. who can call A Silva medeocre and really believe that?
    That's what I was thinking when I read that. I even had a co-worker read it to make sure I was taking it the right way.
  • 12-16-2010, 12:12 AM
    FFFRpickup
    Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Gotcha

    hehe. who can call A Silva medeocre and really believe that?
  • 12-16-2010, 12:07 AM
    TN94z
    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    Originally Posted by FFFRpickup
    I never once said he's medeocre.

    From your original post
    Quote:
    The UFC has always built up medeocre fighters. they did it with Franklin as champ and Now Silva


    I meant the fighters that Silva fights are built up..not Silva. He's scary good. at #3 p4p.

    Gotcha
  • 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
    captonion
    P4P rankings are for the birds.
  • 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
    FFFRpickup
    Originally Posted by FFFRpickup
    I never once said he's medeocre.

    From your original post
    Quote:
    The UFC has always built up medeocre fighters. they did it with Franklin as champ and Now Silva


    I meant the fighters that Silva fights are built up..not Silva. He's scary good. at #3 p4p.
  • 12-15-2010, 10:44 PM
    TN94z
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Hmmm, I forgot that I put your name with what I was saying which trust me, I have no problem with doing (i.e. WillPunisher, Pashak, Roaddawg at times). So go ahead and get all butt hurt over something that wasn't directed towards you. I'm sure you'll come back and say but I did direct it towards you but trust me, I'm not.

    At least ask if someone is talking about you before you go all psycho. If you want to continue this little chat, let me know.
    In the order of the posts and and the fact that RH had just replied to what I was saying, and you used a quote of his that he used to reply to me, it is very easy to think it was directed at me. I am not "butt hurt", I just felt that was out of line considering the quality of posts that I have here. I usually don't post unless I have something descent to say.

    With that being said, I am a big enough man to admit when I was wrong. So if that was not directed to me, then I sincerely apologize. And no, I won't come back and say that if it's not true. Maybe I should have asked, but with the same token, it was very bad timing on your part especially by not calling out a name.

    Either way, it is what it is. I'm cool, but we can continue if you would like
  • 12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's idiots like you that fuck up these boards. You need to watch what you say. I have been on here for a while and gave my opinions on things and try to be subjective about stuff. Just like with RH above, he made good points to prove what he was saying and to sway me on certain things. But to sit there and call me a fucking idiot because of what I said when you have about as much clue about P4P rankings as anyone on this board (because the rankings are way to dependent on too many variables that can be added or deleted) shows your ignorance.

    It constantly amazes me how great one considers themselves and how high and mighty one considers themselves when they are hidden behind the monitor of a pc.

    What a fucking douche!!
    Hmmm, I forgot that I put your name with what I was saying which trust me, I have no problem with doing (i.e. WillPunisher, Pashak, Roaddawg at times). So go ahead and get all butt hurt over something that wasn't directed towards you. I'm sure you'll come back and say but I did direct it towards you but trust me, I'm not.

    At least ask if someone is talking about you before you go all psycho. If you want to continue this little chat, let me know.
  • 12-15-2010, 10:26 PM
    FFFRpickup
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Why does anyone deserve a rematch? They lost. They had their shot, they blew it. No reason for someone to keep trying until they finally beat him, they either can or they can't. I have seen on here, people crying about how Nate deserves a rematch. Nate would get his ass busted in a rematch. Who deserves one either? Nobody has even came close to beating him other than a juiced up Chael.

    The fact that he beats everyone is all the proof you need. GSP just beat Koz again after he beat him before. Big deal. What did that prove? Do we really need to see Cote get a rematch?

    I just don't get the whole "he doesn't give rematches, beats them and moves on" thing. Seems like that's how it's supposed to go.

    First off I think re matches are very important. A true cahmpion welcomes rematches. Fighters evolve and I believe A Silva is leary about that. Ed Soares is Silva's voice and it screams "OH he doesn't deserve me...Oh not him, he's nobody...I'm too dominate of a champion to fight him again". He is a dominant champion in a weak division and when somebody puts on a good fight the rematches seem to dissipate. How convenient for him!
    Ed Soares doesn't just say what he wants to..he confers with his client..A Silva. So I take it as Silva saying what Soares says. That's sad. All this talk about how he has a higher knockout ratio than gsp. SO what. Gsp is more Dominant than Silva and to do it in rematches is even more incredible. Would Silva still be champion if he fought Hendo, Marquardt, and Sonnen again? Not even going to metnion Vitor....Twice? If he can do that than I'd put him ahead of Gsp. But that will never happen and A Silva will simply Dominate Decent fighters and not elite fighters. That's why he's #3 on the list....and probably move to #4 or #5 when Aldo has a few more fights udner his belt.
  • 12-15-2010, 08:25 PM
    TN94z
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    There is a fundamental breakdown in your logic. You're assuming people are "blaming" Anderson for something, and that's not the case. Being #1 p4p is something that is earned, by showing well rounded skill. Not by win streaks, not by title defenses, but by showing well rounded skills.
    I can agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So when Anderson doesn't jump into the guard of an unranked fighter, he's not being blamed. He's continuing to stand and strike, because that's where he's most comfortable; and he's earning credit for being a premier striker. But he's not getting credit for being well-rounded, because he's not earning credit for being well-rounded. He's raising questions about the quality of his grappling.
    I can agree with this as well. He doesn't not jump into the guard of elite grapplers.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Furthermore, when Anderson is taken to the ground and outgrappled, the questions raised about his grappling are validated, and obviously, that can be interpreted as him not being well-rounded at all.
    I can see where that would come from.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Stop, stop, stop. I'm calling bullshit. First his ribs were just "sore," offered as an excuse for a shitty performance. Then they were "bruised" when fans gave Sonnen credit for outstriking him and outgrappling him. Now it was broken? Shit, between you and roaddog, you'll have poor Anderson submitting him from a body cast by this time next year. The guy deserves a medal for even stepping into the cage that night, doesn't he?

    And whatever medical staff cleared him prefight with broken ribs should be fired, I guess.
    This is speculation and you can only go by press releases unless you were standing beside the guy when he had x-rays or something. I think most people knew Sonnen would out grapple him. But out striking him was unusual


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No, you come on. Ducking is ducking. A fighter gets promised a shot, and your manager whines about it while you sit by and pretend you don't speak English? Newsflash, that's ducking.

    It doesn't matter what Henderson has "done since," he was promised a rematch, and Anderson and his camp balked. And more particularly, by referring to what Dan has "done since" I'm assuming you're referring to the loss to Shields...sure, Jake made his bones at WW, but I'm calling it now, if Jake sincerely moves up to MW, he not only beats Anderson, he finishes him. Anderson is simply not a great grappler. Sonnen is a great wrestler, but not a great grappler. Jake is a better grappler than either of them.
    Look, if Henderson didn't get a rematch, that's the UFC's fault. Fighters whine all the time about fights, but they still fight them because Dana doesn't let them get out of it. If he allowed Anderson an out, that's his fault. Great wrestling can beat great grappling. But I can see this point too.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Again, no. Just like the phantom broken rib, you're completely off base here. Dan was promised a title shot, Anderson allowed Soares to whine to the point where ignorant fans were ignorant fans, and then dana pulled the rematch, because he knew it wouldn't sell any PPV's. Henderson agreed, provided he was compensated for the broken verbal contract.

    You're also overlooking that if Palhares or Bisping had gotten past Henderson, Silva [and Soares] would have been more than happy to accept either of them as opponents. [And I can tell you right now, a Palhares fight would have looked like Lietes or Maia, with Anderson looking to counterstrike and refusing to do anything in the guard of yet another unranked opponent].

    rh
    Maybe so, again, Dana's problem.

    I can see where you are coming from and you have changed my mind on some things after reading your comments. Good response!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    rh, People on this board are fucking idiots and will continue to be fucking idiots because if they can't clearly understand what P4P means then everything else is lost. Again...FUCKING IDIOTS.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's idiots like you that fuck up these boards. You need to watch what you say. I have been on here for a while and gave my opinions on things and try to be subjective about stuff. Just like with RH above, he made good points to prove what he was saying and to sway me on certain things. But to sit there and call me a fucking idiot because of what I said when you have about as much clue about P4P rankings as anyone on this board (because the rankings are way to dependent on too many variables that can be added or deleted) shows your ignorance.

    It constantly amazes me how great one considers themselves and how high and mighty one considers themselves when they are hidden behind the monitor of a pc.

    What a fucking douche!!
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •