Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Question about Silva/Sonnen bout

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is The Last Name Of UFC's Iceman?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
    carbondioxide830
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Then I don't care. That's not what the thread is about.

    Feel free to start your own, though.

    rh
    some of us simply do not have any problems with the stoppage. i think those opinions fit in perfectly with the rest - no need to start a completely different thread.
  • 07-10-2012, 12:55 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Nah not really and that is actually the sad part. I would definitely say aggitated. If I was mad I would probably be shopping for a G36 and a ticket to the next UFC event like a fool.
  • 07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    If that's the admin that used to go under Don Frye I actually have a huge amount of respect for him and personally hate debating with the guy. This topic alone drives me crazy enough to the point that I'm willing to engage in such debates because my feelings are very genuine on the matter.

    I actually do feel a lot of the Anti-Silva comments are racially charged and thats coming from the heart. It's not as visible or "in your face" here because certain rules and guidelines have to be followed. However in other places (work, Youtube, other forums with loose rules) racism runs rampid.

    Again I literally see Sonnen as a redneck with a pair of MMA gloves on and a license to conduct himself the way he does. For me this had little of anything to do with the skill sets of each fighter. As you said before it was much more deeper for me which was an accurate assassment.

    I can't put it in words but I guess I felt the way Silva felt when he was fighting Maia. It wasn't just a regular fight to him it meant much much more.
  • 07-10-2012, 12:16 AM
    optimusjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    If that's the admin that used to go under Don Frye I actually have a huge amount of respect for him and personally hate debating with the guy. This topic alone drives me crazy enough to the point that I'm willing to engage in such debates because my feelings are very genuine on the matter.

    I actually do feel a lot of the Anti-Silva comments are racially charged and thats coming from the heart. It's not as visible or "in your face" here because certain rules and guidelines have to be followed. However in other places (work, Youtube, other forums with loose rules) racism runs rampid.

    Again I literally see Sonnen as a redneck with a pair of MMA gloves on and a license to conduct himself the way he does. For me this had little of anything to do with the skill sets of each fighter. As you said before it was much more deeper for me which was an accurate assassment.

    I can't put it in words but I guess I felt the way Silva felt when he was fighting Maia. It wasn't just a regular fight to him it meant much much more.





    By now you should be asking why the pattern. As I said I assure you its not just me.
    I saw a sign today that I like " don't believe everything you think"
  • 07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post


    I find it interesting that you're comfortable making such a judgement about someone you know nothing about. Would you be comfortable if he made a similar one about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If that's the admin that used to go under Don Frye I actually have a huge amount of respect for him and personally hate debating with the guy. This topic alone drives me crazy enough to the point that I'm willing to engage in such debates because my feelings are very genuine on the matter.
    I actually do feel a lot of the Anti-Silva comments are racially charged and thats coming from the heart. It's not as visible or "in your face" here because certain rules and guidelines have to be followed. However in other places (work, Youtube, other forums with loose rules) racism runs rampid.

    Again I literally see Sonnen as a redneck with a pair of MMA gloves on and a license to conduct himself the way he does. For me this had little of anything to do with the skill sets of each fighter. As you said before it was much more deeper for me which was an accurate assassment.

    I can't put it in words but I guess I felt the way Silva felt when he was fighting Maia. It wasn't just a regular fight to him it meant much much more.


    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I was at a bar watching the fight, around 40% of the white people were going for Anderson and 0% of the black people for Chael (I will let you figure out the other 2 %s: roaddawg let me know if you need help with that).

    After the fight when I was outside, a group of black guys started saying a bunch of anti white stuff. I just ignored it, too old or not drunk enough to waste my time.

    By now you should be asking why the pattern. As I said I assure you its not just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    @roaddawg: Just because you cheer for black fighters
    I cheer fighters of all ethnicities whether its AO, Silva, Cain, JDS, Lesnar, Diaz. The few fighters I cheer for which happen to be black or African American can literally be counted on one hand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    --- does not mean that anyone on the board cheered for Sonnen because he was white. That's your own thing, dawg. For you to say that Sonnen represents a Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, shows that you have some sort of racial trauma. Sorry that you feel the need to see color but not all of us do. I judge people by their character; not their appearance.
    I didn't say he was in the KKK but when I see him theres no doubt in my mind that he is either racist, prejudice or a redneck. It should be noted he is literally the 1st and only fighter not just a Mixed Martial Artist that I have ever hated.
  • 07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
    W.Silva>C.Norris
    Oh as to the race issue thing, my feelings about anderson silva have nothing to do with his race. I think hes probably the GOAT, or very near, but I do root for him to lose because Ive already seen him win so much. Its like the difference between a golf clap and cheering. You clap for the champ, you cheer for the challenger.
    EDIT: Id be willing to bet if you wanted to find any prejudiced hate for silva, it would be a lot more for his refusal to speak english then his skin colour

    Now jon Jones, I hate purely based on skin colour. Also GSP, because he's french.

    Come get me!

    (I kid)
  • 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
    IceCold48
    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Works both ways homie, ive noticed white kids have gotten much more bold in the comments they make about other races (specifically in Vestal).

    I thinks its much too deep of an issue to make general statements about it though, and these instances are situational.
    That's crazy talk people were much more openly racist in the past then they are now.
  • 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM
    Tyreas
    When Clay Guida beats people he is humping them the whole fight. But when Chael does it...well that's skill.

    People were drawn to his antics outside of the ring. And well if Chael can dethrone an incredible fighter using his "skill" well then hell I like em! But when his skill is countered by anything, greasing(lol really...), and some ol fashion short grabbing well...

    Problem is the same people who cheered for Chael also own an Oreck Vacuum, a turbo bullet platinum blender, and a bunch of products by Ronco. Don't buy into the hype kids.
  • 07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
    W.Silva>C.Norris
    I cant say Im disappointed at the result. Im more disappointed at the fight itself. I was really hoping for a bit more of a war, as opposed to the fight really being decided by a slip.

    As far as MW needing a shakeup, I disagree. I think belfort is due up for a rematch with another convincing win. Lombard could be a potential contender, time will tell. Tim Botesch is improving daily. Theres 3 potential challengers, and 2 of them are even fresh. If evans drops down to 185 as well? Thats 2 years worth of championship defenses.
  • 07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
    TBEAR
    See my sig...RH says it best.

    I hope Chael NEVER gets anther title shot
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •