Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Jon Jones Feels Funny Fighting Someone As Old As Hendo

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-24-2012, 01:06 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    ^
    Jones.
  • 08-23-2012, 09:45 PM
    Y2JUBAE
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Since you guys can't seem to hear anything I'm trying to say, fuck it. I guess this country isn't quite ready to have an honest dialog about fucking anything.....So I'm sorry for a being being a big fat ole Racist.......

    I didn't see you say anything that I would consider you to be a racist, but then again, I'm a skimmer lol.
  • 08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No, not in my mind.


    Personally, I have Black friends. I have Gay friends, and Asian friends, Hispanic friends, and friends of mixed heritage and friends who would probably be pissed because I forgot to include their specific identifiers in my list.

    As a White, Heterosexual male, I feel like I do people a disservice if I ignore the background that impacts their worldview. It's not like I treat people from underrepresented groups differently, but I understand that their experience is inherently different than mine, and I want to treat that at least, with respect.

    I base individual respect on individual integrity and behavior, but I understand that we don't have a level playing field in the U.S., that individual, institutional and cultural racism is still a huge problem.

    That being said, I truly despise when the legitimate problem that cultural biases represent is diluted by red-herrings and self-serving individuals who inappropriately try to apply discrimination where it's not due.

    rh
    Go away pragmatist, you have no place in this discussion!
  • 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
    disposableassassin
    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I will only make one comment on this topic. Just because people don't wear it on their sleeve out in the open anymore, doesn't mean they don't retain the sentiments.

    I just semi recently found out that one of my old wresting buddies Is a racist prick who secretly hated my guts. My best friend (girl) was almost dating him, when at his parrents house they pretty much had tons of neonazzi shit, their whole dinner conversation revolved around how much better things were durring Jim crow era; and when they were alone and she mentioned how she was friends with me, he told her how he couldn't stand my black ass and would always try to hurt me in practice for fun.

    Which makes sense now, since I did always get kinda hurt when he was dicking around and my back is still messed up. He was a HW, I was a 140lbs. But the thing is, he was always chill with me to my face, he'll we used to bring his family snacks every meet. Deeply saddened me.


    However, this really had no place in this topic. I really hope the fight is still on.
    I agree that this has no place here that was kind of my initial point. But to continue this anyway, I am fully aware these sentiments still exist. The fact that people are not so open with it is a good sign. Used to be that you were expected to be racist. It is becoming more and more taboo though.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No, not in my mind.


    Personally, I have Black friends. I have Gay friends, and Asian friends, Hispanic friends, and friends of mixed heritage and friends who would probably be pissed because I forgot to include their specific identifiers in my list.

    As a White, Heterosexual male, I feel like I do people a disservice if I ignore the background that impacts their worldview. It's not like I treat people from underrepresented groups differently, but I understand that their experience is inherently different than mine, and I want to treat that at least, with respect.

    I base individual respect on individual integrity and behavior, but I understand that we don't have a level playing field in the U.S., that individual, institutional and cultural racism is still a huge problem.

    That being said, I truly despise when the legitimate problem that cultural biases represent is diluted by red-herrings and self-serving individuals who inappropriately try to apply discrimination where it's not due.

    rh
    I do not mean to come off as not having any respect for the heritage or struggles of any race, religion, or sexual preference. I only mean to illustrate how those things do not define us as human beings. I respect what it took for African Americans to gain even ground in this country. I loathe what they went through at the hands of white people. This, however, was long ago and most generations have since passed on. I say that we not to ignore the past, only that we don't live in it.

    I remember once many years ago hearing Barack Obama giving a speach long before his presidential bid. I looked to my grandmother and said, "that man will be president someday." to which she replied "no he won't he's black." now look he holds the highest office in the US. You can't tell me things haven't changed.




    Sorry guys didn't mean to drag us so far off topic. I too hope this fight happens. War Hendo! War jones! War MMA! War brotherhood!
  • 08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Hendo called out Jon for being a douche....Jon called out Hendo for being old as fuck. Are either out of line?
    No, not in my mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Somebody gets it! I don't have black friends or Hispanic friends or Asian friends or even white friends. I just have friends. Race plays no part in it. I don't see people for the color of their skin or the accent they may speak in. I see them for what kind of human being they are. Jones seems like he may be a good person that has had too much success far too quickly. That coupled with his athletic prowess has created a person with an overblown ego.
    Personally, I have Black friends. I have Gay friends, and Asian friends, Hispanic friends, and friends of mixed heritage and friends who would probably be pissed because I forgot to include their specific identifiers in my list.

    As a White, Heterosexual male, I feel like I do people a disservice if I ignore the background that impacts their worldview. It's not like I treat people from underrepresented groups differently, but I understand that their experience is inherently different than mine, and I want to treat that at least, with respect.

    I base individual respect on individual integrity and behavior, but I understand that we don't have a level playing field in the U.S., that individual, institutional and cultural racism is still a huge problem.

    That being said, I truly despise when the legitimate problem that cultural biases represent is diluted by red-herrings and self-serving individuals who inappropriately try to apply discrimination where it's not due.

    rh
  • 08-23-2012, 03:46 PM
    CtGreat
    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    See you even used a meme with a black guy in it.


    Sorry I got a little butt hurt. I just can't stand it when people seem to look for racism. I don't know where you live but I'm in Alabama. Can't get a whole lot more redneck than that. Though, even here, it's just not a big deal anymore. I'm no fool I know it's out there still but not like it was. I prefer to believe that those who live in the past continue to repeat it.
    I will only make one comment on this topic. Just because people don't wear it on their sleeve out in the open anymore, doesn't mean they don't retain the sentiments.

    I just semi recently found out that one of my old wresting buddies Is a racist prick who secretly hated my guts. My best friend (girl) was almost dating him, when at his parrents house they pretty much had tons of neonazzi shit, their whole dinner conversation revolved around how much better things were durring Jim crow era; and when they were alone and she mentioned how she was friends with me, he told her how he couldn't stand my black ass and would always try to hurt me in practice for fun.

    Which makes sense now, since I did always get kinda hurt when he was dicking around and my back is still messed up. He was a HW, I was a 140lbs. But the thing is, he was always chill with me to my face, he'll we used to bring his family snacks every meet. Deeply saddened me.


    However, this really had no place in this topic. I really hope the fight is still on.
  • 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
    disposableassassin
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Since you guys can't seem to hear anything I'm trying to say, fuck it. I guess this country isn't quite ready to have an honest dialog about fucking anything.....So I'm sorry for a being being a big fat ole Racist.......

    See you even used a meme with a black guy in it.


    Sorry I got a little butt hurt. I just can't stand it when people seem to look for racism. I don't know where you live but I'm in Alabama. Can't get a whole lot more redneck than that. Though, even here, it's just not a big deal anymore. I'm no fool I know it's out there still but not like it was. I prefer to believe that those who live in the past continue to repeat it.
  • 08-23-2012, 02:33 PM
    optimusjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Move if you live in some hillbilly town where color actually matters.

    People want Jones to be humbled because he is a cocky kid who cannot self-identify how he wants to be perceived by the public, so he fakes being someone who he is not.

    You are being the racist here, people criticizing Jones' character are not. They are criticizing him as an individual for his ethnicity.
    He can't even move out of his parents house let alone move to another city. This really is a case of your wasting your time, trying to convince him he's wrong. He thinks a woman telling him he's well spoken is a backhanded comment against every other black person. When the simplest comment can be turned into something racist there is something deep inside that's "broken".
  • 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
    joeodd2
    Since you guys can't seem to hear anything I'm trying to say, fuck it. I guess this country isn't quite ready to have an honest dialog about fucking anything.....So I'm sorry for a being being a big fat ole Racist.......

  • 08-23-2012, 08:43 AM
    Sniggles
    Move if you live in some hillbilly town where color actually matters.

    People want Jones to be humbled because he is a cocky kid who cannot self-identify how he wants to be perceived by the public, so he fakes being someone who he is not.

    You are being the racist here, people criticizing Jones' character are not. They are criticizing him as an individual for his ethnicity.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •