Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Paul Heyman backs Brock Lesnar as UFC Hall of Famer, doubts return to octagon

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
    TheKidInside
    RH is once again on point. The reason I am against it is basically everything he said. It takes a way from the Hall of Fame's point (and it's not the fame part of the name). In fact there need to be an independent HoF for MMA. Like, someone needs to seriously put one together using donations/funds and make it cool!

    I remember when I was learning journalism/broadcasting, one of my professors who was really successful as a theater production company owner, said that if you don't like some awards show or some music/film festival, start your own! In a few years maybe you'll be attracting as many people as other local shows/festivals do (obviously not as big as Cannes, Toronto, etc but you get the picture).

    Invite some old school guys like Dan Sevren, Done Frye, Frank and Ken Shamrock, some Japanese fighters perhaps, etc

    Heyman is out of his mind if he thinks Lesnar is going to bring in numbers to the NBA. Analysts/coaches/managers/owners would probably rip him a new a-hole just for suggesting that some freak show is worth their time.
  • 10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Are you referring to lesnar?

    because losing to the #2 and #3 HW's=Mediocre
    If lesnar came back, he'd lose to more than the #2 and 3 HW's...and yet, he'd be paid more than all of them, more than likely.

    I'm betting he was paid more than JDS.

    That was the point you missed.

    rh
  • 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    so in other words, it's fine to be mediocre and get paid like you're elite, as long as you're bringing in viewers.


    personally, I'm glad that the NBA, MLB etc...haven't stooped to that level.

    rh
    Are you referring to lesnar?

    because losing to the #2 and #3 HW's=Mediocre
  • 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM
    rivethead
    so in other words, it's fine to be mediocre and get paid like you're elite, as long as you're bringing in viewers.


    personally, I'm glad that the NBA, MLB etc...haven't stooped to that level.

    rh
  • 10-10-2012, 05:23 PM
    Cat--Smasher
    Heyman: Why wouldn't White want Brock back?

    Heyman: Why wouldn't White want Brock back? - Mixed Martial Arts News

    Arda Ocal: UFC President Dana White has actually said that if Brock Lesnar would ever want to return to the UFC, I would welcome him with open arms, I'd give him another fight. What do you make of that?

    Paul Heyman: I make of it that Dana White is a business man and understands the PPV numbers that Brock can pull in and he's saying *whistles* I want a piece of that action. And I don't blame Dana White. Hey do you think if Brock Lesnar went to the NBA right now, I can dunk a basket ball, want to put me on a team? What teams gonna say no, we don't want the ratings you can bring in Brock, we don't want the numbers you can draw. You think if Brock Lesnar could hit a baseball out of a park that the New York Yankees, the Boston Red Sox, the Minnesota Twins wouldn't put him on the roster? And let him hit that ball out of that park, of course they would.

    Dana White knows that Brock Lesnar can turn the Octagaon into the Brocktagon anytime he wants and his PPV numbers are going to go up, up, up up with Brock Lesnar. Why wouldn't Dana White want Brock Lesnar back?
  • 09-15-2012, 10:12 AM
    Spyke
    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Dan, KEN, ,Mask ,Colemn ,& Royce really did not make the ufc much cash
    No, but interestingly enough Dan, Ken, and Coleman have all done pro-wrestling as well. Ken and Dan in WWF no less. Seems like Brock would fit in after all.
  • 09-11-2012, 03:10 PM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post
    I don't think anyone ever said Coleman should be in there because of his record or title it has more to do with how he changed thy way people fought and trained for MMA. It was how he opened the door for other wrestlers to enter the sport. He showed the MMA world how Wrestlers could excel in the sport. That at least is why i feel he belongs in the UFC HOF.
    Good point.

    I guess see a HOF needing higher standards... with the sport being so young it should be very empty at this point... Some guys may be put in there because there are so few members...

    Mark was not the first wrestler, although he pave the way for wrestlers to come as you said.

    Just didnt buy into the idea that he revolutionized and changed the GNP game in MMA, as some would say...

    not knocking the guy by any means.
  • 09-11-2012, 12:16 AM
    beardown98
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post

    But compared to Coleman... Dont know how he got brought up in the first place...

    Mark went 7-5 in the UFC.... If your basing Coleman's HOF bid on his HW title, than it isnt far fetched to put Brock in there as well.

    Neither really deserve to be in a legit HOF imo... if you look at how they are set up in other respected sports.
    I don't think anyone ever said Coleman should be in there because of his record or title it has more to do with how he changed thy way people fought and trained for MMA. It was how he opened the door for other wrestlers to enter the sport. He showed the MMA world how Wrestlers could excel in the sport. That at least is why i feel he belongs in the UFC HOF.
  • 09-11-2012, 12:10 AM
    Kimbo> Rampage
    I definitely wouldnt have Brock in the HOF... the UFC HOF is a joke, Dana's personal list...

    But comparing Brock to Colman is very poor argument imo...

    2 wrongs dont make a right... just because the UFC put Mark in there for some reason, doesnt mean they have to do the same with Brock... or hold that same precedent... because if they did, it would become packed and watered down quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post
    So your point that Lesnars fans stuck with MMA is crap and holds no water.
    When did I ever say that... And the only way to prove if Fans stuck with the sport is to see if the PPV numbers he pulled were repeated without him?... right...

    A lot of those were mindless Lesnar fans... but who knows how many stayed with the sport... hell even a few here and on other forums admit to coming to MMA because of Brock, and have become big fans ever since.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Bottom line is Lesnar doesn't have enough time in the game to even be considered, 7 fights can't get you into the hall of fame, no way, no how. Not a legit hall of fame anyhow. I can't believe I'm even chiming in on this, it's so ridiculous. PPV buys as a consideration for HOF? Fucking stupid.
    It is...

    But compared to Coleman... Dont know how he got brought up in the first place...

    Mark went 7-5 in the UFC.... If your basing Coleman's HOF bid on his HW title, than it isnt far fetched to put Brock in there as well.

    Neither really deserve to be in a legit HOF imo... if you look at how they are set up in other respected sports.
  • 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM
    disposableassassin
    Quote Originally Posted by opiumdeth View Post
    UFC hall of fame is as legit as WWE Hall of fame. It would be nice to see an outside source create a MMA hall of fame. Brock could have been a great fighter if he had gotten into MMA when he was younger the man has some serious Wrestling (not wwe) skills but he didn't. Will he be in the UFC HOF who cares anyways it needs more Shamrock
    i dunno i think the WWE's hall of fame is far more legitimate than the UFC's.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •