Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Junior Dos Santos critical of Sonnen, Overeem title shots

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Georges St-Pierre's 3-Letter Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 10-25-2012, 05:06 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    JDS is so classy. I had a hard time becoming a fan of his when he beat CC, but it's hard not to like that guy. Both GSP and JDS are perfect spokesmen for the UFC. Not great with the English but they are respectful, classy, and true representative of what a champ should be in and out of the cage.

    Yet for some reason the UFC pushes Silva and Jones as the face of UFC. Really class acts they are.
    This is relevant to your interests.

    MMA Meme of the Day: Good Guy Junior Dos Santos | | Cagepotato





  • 10-25-2012, 02:44 AM
    1inthechamber
    Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    I would deffinetly support JDS' campaign for AO to take another fight.

    As a big JDS fan im more nervous for the Cain rematch then a AO fight tbh. Cain looked awsome in his last fight and Im deffinetly thinking hes going to employ a wresling based gameplan.

    I mean AO wont even be eligable to fight until late December, exactly one year after he beat Brock with 14-1 elevated T-Levels.

    Get caught cheating, take a year off and come back to a title shot? Livin' the sweet life.
    Actually I believe he tested clean post fight, but failed a random one at a press conference for his fight with Jds.
  • 10-25-2012, 01:46 AM
    Cat--Smasher
    White: JDS begged me for Overeem fight - Mixed Martial Arts News
    UFC President Dana White was open in speaking on the situation, contradicting the thoughts of the current heavyweight champion. White posted this response on the Underground Forum today:

    just an fyi JDS begged me for the Reem fight said he respects Cain very much and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him. word for word what he said.
  • 10-24-2012, 01:23 AM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    I would deffinetly support JDS' campaign for AO to take another fight.

    As a big JDS fan im more nervous for the Cain rematch then a AO fight tbh. Cain looked awsome in his last fight and Im deffinetly thinking hes going to employ a wresling based gameplan.
    Both fights are actually dangerous but I think Cigano is going to win both of them.
    Before their first fight, Cain also looked awesome in all his previous fights. I would say that he looked even more dominant than JDS. However JDs won in just 1 minute.
    I think this time the fight will be more competitive, but JDs has a huge advantage in the stand up, and has an amazing TDD. His only real trouble will be if he can not finish the fight in 3 rounds, because then he will be gassed, and Cain is known for his amazing cardio.

    As for Overroid, I think his chin is suspect, and JDs has a huge advantage in speed, and has KO power. So IMO it will be Good Night for "roids".
  • 10-24-2012, 12:46 AM
    LefthookStcrook
    I would deffinetly support JDS' campaign for AO to take another fight.

    As a big JDS fan im more nervous for the Cain rematch then a AO fight tbh. Cain looked awsome in his last fight and Im deffinetly thinking hes going to employ a wresling based gameplan.

    I mean AO wont even be eligable to fight until late December, exactly one year after he beat Brock with 14-1 elevated T-Levels.

    Get caught cheating, take a year off and come back to a title shot? Livin' the sweet life.
  • 10-24-2012, 12:44 AM
    lwbrewer
    JDS would need the fan base behind him or them against AO getting a instant shot. and he could look great for his principles. Aslong as he's the champ he has a lot more leeway with the UFC. Look at how bad Soares has mulipulated UFC with Anderson. I do see your point PASHA K
  • 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
    MMA4EVERRR
    I dont think the UFC or DW (for the some of you), would hate JDS if he turned down AO and asked the UFC to make him earn his shot with another win. If anything AO is the one who is in hot water with the UFC for his failed drug test and being the reason that an event had to be shuffled because of his PED use and his constant lies.

    At this point, the UFC cant take AO's word for anything. JDS is the champ and he has the right to dictate whether or not a steroid user should earn his title shot. He has stepped up for the UFC already, accepting the Carwin and Mir fight, when his original opponents went down. No one will think of him as a coward.
  • 10-23-2012, 11:46 PM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    JDS is a classy guy for sure. I think it would be great if he would refuse to fight AO without a fight to earn it[ Assuming he beats Cain] I feel that would be a classy pay back to the UFC for trying to milk all the money they can quickly.
    It would be great for the image of the sport, but it would be terrible for Cigano.
    Dana White would hate him, all the thousands of clueless morons that believe each word DW says would label him a coward, and he would be in a very bad position within the UFC.
  • 10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
    lwbrewer
    JDS is a classy guy for sure. I think it would be great if he would refuse to fight AO without a fight to earn it[ Assuming he beats Cain] I feel that would be a classy pay back to the UFC for trying to milk all the money they can quickly.
  • 10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
    1inthechamber
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    JDS is so classy. I had a hard time becoming a fan of his when he beat CC, but it's hard not to like that guy. Both GSP and JDS are perfect spokesmen for the UFC. Not great with the English but they are respectful, classy, and true representative of what a champ should be in and out of the cage.

    Yet for some reason the UFC pushes Silva and Jones as the face of UFC. Really class acts they are.
    Same way I felt, I hated the guy for beating Crocop. After watching a few interviews and some tuf episodes I was like how can I hate this guy lol.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •