1. The defendant was charged by complaint with Willful Injury and Serious Assault on October 20, 2011. Bond was set at $20,000 cash and $1,000 cash, respectively, pending the service of the arrest warrant.
2. The Des Moines Police Department has been notified that the defendant has been arrested on the warrant in the above-captioned case in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
3. The defendant is a professional mixed martial artist who travels the country to participate in mixed martial arts competitions.
4. The undersigned was contacted by attorney Matt Boles several months ago about the above-captioned case, which would indicate that the defendant is aware of the warrant. The defendant has not turned himself in on these charges prior to being arrested in Minneapolis.
5. Considering the nature of the charges, the defendant's inclinations towards trael, and the length of time since the underlying incident occurred, the State requests that the bond be increased to protect the public and to insure the defendant's presence at future court hearings.