Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Anderson Silva says he won't fight again until the end of 2013

Your Message

Click here to log in

What Is Quinton Jackson's Nickname?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 11-20-2012, 07:47 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Suddenly now you care what Dana thinks? Oh ain't that a bitch lol.
    No, I don't have Weidman at #1 contender because dana thinks so. I have him at #1 because he's earned it. He's done more than anyone else at MW to secure the spot at this point. dana stating--even in your video--that he's in the spot simply confirms it.

    But my question to you again--you post this crap interview with dana where he says that "he guesses" Georges has expressed interest in the Silva bout, so you're willing to take dana's word on the subject--even when it doesn't jibe with what GSP himself has said. But why can't you take dana's word on Weidman being the #1 contender--especially when he says it in the same interview?

    This is proof that you actually found a way to skim a video.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to. I watched a 2 minute interview with dana. That's what you asked me to watch, isn't it?

    That same question could be asked of you. Why do you suddenly value anything Dana White has to say when you have made it known that you think he is a piece of shit. You have expressed disdain for Dana White for 3 years now and suddenly you're riding his jock?
    Again, I'm not buying anything from dana. He and I, along with most of the unbiased MMA viewership in the world, happen to think Weidman is the #1 contender at this point. It's not a matter of him going against the grain here, virtually everyone has Weidman ranked higher than even Boetsch...but time will tell if he can maintain that ranking while Anderson sits around hoping Georges won't make him cut to WW.

    But again...you're asking people to believe Georges has expressed interest in a bout when St. Pierre himself has only said he's not interested at this point, or at best, it's something to consider while he's on vacation. You're the one taking dana's word, when the rest of the known world thinks GSP is disinterested. So why take his word at one--wildly unpopular--perspective, while rejecting the one that everyone else thinks makes sense?

    That's what makes you a fool, fool.

    You of all people calling anyone a hypocrite is completely hilarious. It reminds me how you are so quick to rag on people for being fanboys when you were the biggest fanboy of Fedor.
    Yeah, I'm a Fedor fan, but I realized when he started fucking up with his decisions and didn't try to pretend he wasn't. You, on the other hand, have nothing but excuses and stupidity when it comes to Anderson...like your dumbfuck "he should only have to face people who have more fights than he has defenses" bullshit.

    Spare me the insults please.
    Spare us the stupidity, and I'll be happy to.

    Yet you somehow missed the video clips and article postings showing otherwise.
    Ah, so now it's clips, as in plural? I did miss those. I haven't even seen one yet that I thought made any difference.

    I've seen Georges say he's interested in fighting at the WW level, there are great challenges there. I've seen clips saying he's focused on defending his belt, and clips saying he was entirely focused on Condit, and didn't care about Anderson.

    I've seen clips from soares saying GSP would be stupid to take the fight, he's too small, and Anderson is too big. I've seen other, contradictory clips from soares saying Anderson isn't too big for GSP, but Jones is too big for Anderson.

    I've seen a clip from dana where he refers to a statement Georges has never made in public, that he's interested in the fight...but nobody else has ever heard of that.

    And I've heard Georges after the Condit win saying he's going to take some time to think about his options.

    Where is any of that "showing otherwise" in reference to my statement that GSP doesn't really seem interested in fighting Anderson.

    The sad part is your overall response is, "Well he did't say he accepted the fight" when you should have been asking why he didn't just flat out turn it down like Shogun turned down Glover, Kongo > Nelson.
    Ah...I guess you're one of those "the absence of 'No' must mean 'Yes'" guys.

    I'm not.

    Yet Silva actually expressing disinterest in fighting Jon Jones sparks controversy. See the humor (probably not)?
    It doesn't spark any controversy for me. I don't think he should have to fight outside of his weight class unless he wants to. I've said that all along.

    Thats because you don't see these guys as professional fighters you see them as gladiators. In your mindset the ambitions of a gladiator should be outlawed.
    No, I don't see them as gladiators. I don't have any problem with their ambitions. I just want them to fulfill obligations. If he wants to make movies, walk away from the belt. If he wants to fight outside his class, walk away from the belt.

    I want fighters to be successful, I don't view them as property. But that doesn't excuse the obligation any champion has to defend his belt.

    Also for the record Silva just defended his belt against Sonnen.
    He defended 4 months ago. If he defends against the #1 contender at MW in the next 9 months, I won't have a problem with that--and that contender could be Boetsch or Weidman at this point. If he doesn't, he should be stripped, because he'd have exactly 1 title defense in over 2 years.

    He fights whom he is told to fight as SUGGESTED by DANA WHITE IN THE SAME VIDEO CLIP!!!!
    Again, I don't really care about dana. He agrees with my perspective at times, and that's fine, but he's just as likely to bypass the winner of Boetsch/Weidman and allow Silva to face a whiney Bisping, because Anderson's camp won't whine about it.

    Ha! My man GOD has given me everything I need in life, a healthy family, friends, a good job, kids and a loving wife.
    Did He give you your drug addiction, too? Did you manage that one on your own?

    If you seriously do have pity then I would suggest trying to escape the matrix. Its not that serious
    I still pity you. Not as much as I pity your family, but I still pity you.

    rh
  • 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    There is a huge difference between my posts, which make sense, and your posts, which do not.

    Again, you somehow think Weidman needs to get "a few" more wins to be a contender, that explains a lot...particularly when dana already stated he's the #1 contender after the win over that fat, overrated, raggedy Munoz. None of that is conducive to people actually wasting the time to read your nonsense very closely.
    Suddenly now you care what Dana thinks? Oh ain't that a bitch lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    so...you post a video without Georges, like I'm supposed to take dana's word on it GSP's interest. Meanwhile, I've seen footage where GSP has said he's not even thinking about it. I mean said it himself, not had someone else say it.
    This is proof that you actually found a way to skim a video.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    But that begs the question: why do you take dana's word for it when he says GSP will fight, but you don't take dana's word for it when he says Weidman is the #1 contender?
    That same question could be asked of you. Why do you suddenly value anything Dana White has to say when you have made it known that you think he is a piece of shit. You have expressed disdain for Dana White for 3 years now and suddenly you're riding his jock?

    Not buying it sir but nt.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Could that be because you are a hypocritical bag of shit? Or is it that you are just so incredibly stupid that you can't tell how messed up your perception is?
    You of all people calling anyone a hypocrite is completely hilarious. It reminds me how you are so quick to rag on people for being fanboys when you were the biggest fanboy of Fedor.

    Spare me the insults please.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Again, I've never said he was adamant at not fighting Silva. I've never said he won't fight Silva. I've said he hasn't expressed any interest in the fight, and he didn't express any last night, either.
    Yet you somehow missed the video clips and article postings showing otherwise. The sad part is your overall response is, "Well he did't say he accepted the fight" when you should have been asking why he didn't just flat out turn it down like Shogun turned down Glover, Kongo > Nelson.

    Yet Silva actually expressing disinterest in fighting Jon Jones sparks controversy. See the humor (probably not)?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I've said repeatedly that the champion's obligation is to defend the belt. Georges fulfills his obligation, and doesn't chase vanity fights like a diva.
    Thats because you don't see these guys as professional fighters you see them as gladiators. In your mindset the ambitions of a gladiator should be outlawed. Also for the record Silva just defended his belt against Sonnen. He fights whom he is told to fight as SUGGESTED by DANA WHITE IN THE SAME VIDEO CLIP!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Anderson fails to fulfill his obligation, going so far as to state--again, from his own mouth, not via dana or soares--that he has no interest in fighting the #1 contender. He also actively pursues vanity fights that literally do nothing for his legacy, but only for his bank account.
    On the contrary it's that bank account that will pay off his bills not the fans perception of his legacy. Intelligent fighters realize they also have to be business saavy and takecare of their own asses.

    When you speak you don't seem to have any sense of financial obligations. The world you live in must be the shit. Can I get down?


    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Is it possible that you are so obtuse that you can't see the enormous difference there? I fear it is. Again, like many on the board, I pity you.

    rh
    Ha! My man GOD has given me everything I need in life, a healthy family, friends, a good job, kids and a loving wife.

    Please know that I don't take anything from this forum to heart. Its the equivalent of being on any online gaming server where you have deal with multiple personalities lol.

    If you seriously do have pity then I would suggest trying to escape the matrix. Its not that serious
  • 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    That would explain a lot. Even though I disagree with most of your posts I atleast take the time to read them nomatter how out of bounds I think they are. I do so because you took the time to write it.
    There is a huge difference between my posts, which make sense, and your posts, which do not.

    Again, you somehow think Weidman needs to get "a few" more wins to be a contender, that explains a lot...particularly when dana already stated he's the #1 contender after the win over that fat, overrated, raggedy Munoz. None of that is conducive to people actually wasting the time to read your nonsense very closely.

    Anyways I have to assume you refuse to watch video clips since they typically leave very little room for debate (Page 9, Post 85). Let me know when you find any resource where GSP refused the fight because he sure as hell didn't last night.
    so...you post a video without Georges, like I'm supposed to take dana's word on it GSP's interest. Meanwhile, I've seen footage where GSP has said he's not even thinking about it. I mean said it himself, not had someone else say it.

    But that begs the question: why do you take dana's word for it when he says GSP will fight, but you don't take dana's word for it when he says Weidman is the #1 contender?

    Could that be because you are a hypocritical bag of shit? Or is it that you are just so incredibly stupid that you can't tell how messed up your perception is?

    If GSP was nearly as adamant on not fighting Silva as you claim chances are we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Again, I've never said he was adamant at not fighting Silva. I've never said he won't fight Silva. I've said he hasn't expressed any interest in the fight, and he didn't express any last night, either.

    Big difference between what I've said and what you think I've said.

    I've said repeatedly that the champion's obligation is to defend the belt. Georges fulfills his obligation, and doesn't chase vanity fights like a diva. Anderson fails to fulfill his obligation, going so far as to state--again, from his own mouth, not via dana or soares--that he has no interest in fighting the #1 contender. He also actively pursues vanity fights that literally do nothing for his legacy, but only for his bank account.

    Is it possible that you are so obtuse that you can't see the enormous difference there?

    I fear it is. Again, like many on the board, I pity you.

    rh
  • 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    GSP didn't accept the fight either.
    - Page 9 (post 85)
    - "Georges St Pierre wants to fight Anderson Silva" | Fightlinker.comFightlinker.com

    By not refusing he may as well be accepting. As soon as Dana throws that money infront of his face his camp will accept it. Ofcourse the alternative is getting KTFO by Hendrix (and he will btw).
  • 11-18-2012, 04:28 PM
    lwbrewer
    GSP didn't accept the fight either.
  • 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM
    roaddawg
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. You posted some proof of what, and where?

    It's really hard to take anything you type seriously, so honestly, I just scan it. When you say completely ridiculous dumbfuck stuff like Wiedman needs to beat a "few" more guys to be #1, there really isn't a point in trying to focus on your nonsense.

    rh


    That would explain a lot. Even though I disagree with most of your posts I atleast take the time to read them nomatter how out of bounds I think they are. I do so because you took the time to write it.

    Anyways I have to assume you refuse to watch video clips since they typically leave very little room for debate (Page 9, Post 85). Let me know when you find any resource where GSP refused the fight because he sure as hell didn't last night.

    If GSP was nearly as adamant on not fighting Silva as you claim chances are we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  • 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
    Repenter
    oh bull fuckin shit

    maybe some drastic measures are in order here... especially since anderson really won't be around that much longer.

    if he wants to sit out for a year, let GSP risk the fight against hendricks, and let the MW division actually be competitive for a year with the crop of contenders.
  • 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
    rivethead
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Also the proof you questioned was posted again in a reply to Riv for the 4th if not 5th time and remains unanswered.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. You posted some proof of what, and where?

    It's really hard to take anything you type seriously, so honestly, I just scan it. When you say completely ridiculous dumbfuck stuff like Wiedman needs to beat a "few" more guys to be #1, there really isn't a point in trying to focus on your nonsense.

    Did you post the GSP vid where Georges actually says he's looking forward to a fight with Anderson? I must have missed it. you don't have to repost it, just tell me the post number, I can find it myself.

    Did you have a response where you questioned where I'd come to the conclusion that Anderson is full of shit and I illustrated all the times he's gone back on his word in the last couple years?

    rh
  • 11-18-2012, 12:58 AM
    roaddawg
    Case and point. Thanks for posting my reply (you saved me the work).
  • 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM
    Sniggles
    Quote Originally Posted by rd
    Neither of these two have beaten the whose who of the mw division. Its my suspicion that people just want to see Silva fight another wrestler with avg strinking. They have this belief that only a wrestler can beat Silva and its rather obvious when you look at a compilation of the comments here on this board.

    If Silva and Weidman ever did fight I promise you they would look for the next available wrestler before demanding he move up a weight class or two to fight Jones or Cain V.

    That is how much Silva/Soares (since some can't distinguis the two) are hated. I would put money down that even if Silva fought and beat Weidman people here wouldn't give him his props. Instead they would say shit like, "about time he stopped ducking him".

    To me the man is in a "catch 22" when it comes to the opinions of his detractors. It's damn if he does or damn if he doesn't.
    The "poor me" statement I referred to. Everyone wants to see Silva fight Weidman because he is the top ranked MW in the division, not because he is a wrestler.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •