Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Lavar Johnson OUT of FOX fight with Brendan Schaub

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is the last name of UFC's President?

 
 

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

HTML

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM
    lwbrewer
    OK I'm issuing you the yellow card for no real action.
  • 12-02-2012, 09:59 AM
    Rise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I do not care at all if you are tired or not of hearing the same old thing from me.
    I know you don't care whether people see the same thing from you all the time otherwise you would have stopped. You'll post what you have to say on a repetitive basis and I'll say what I think of it that's how the forums work.

    I am a fan of Crocop and I have been a fan of him for some years. I was watching Mirko's fight way before anyone knew who is Brendan Schaub.
    Mirko overall is a much much better fighter, he is a true legend of MMA. Schaub is not the worst fighter in the planet obviously, but he is not a Top 10 and he will never be. So yes, for me, as a Mirko fan, it is disgusting that someone like Schaub knocked out Crocop.
    Nothing but respect for Mirko as well as anyone else that shows they can fight in the ring. Yes Mirko is a legend and a very intelligent and capable fighter all the more reason no one needs to be disgusted because he lost to Schaub.

    Your comment of "Pride is dead" is as irrelevant and Trollish as if you say something about Brock-Fedor.
    Again I really have no interest in trolling you I'm not looking for a response from you because I know what it is 90% of the time. For me to be trolling you I'd have to actually want you to respond I'm not really that interested though just gets tedious seeing the same stuff from you.

    If I was still living in the past, I would say comments like "Anderson Silva is not the P4P king at all, he lost to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan" or "Wanderlei Silva is the best fighter in the MW division" or "Sakuraba would submit Jon Jones" or "Kazuhiro Nakamura would be a serious prospect in the UFC".
    You are living in the past when you get "disgusted" because a newer less heralded fighter beats someone who was a great in the past.

    Also are you really trying to say that you never make claims on how well a a former fighter from Pride would do in the UFC or against certain fighters in the UFC? Cause I'm pretty sure you have.

    And you say that I live in the past because I used the term "Pride fighters", however you said "Pride is dead", so it was you who actually labeled Crocop a "Pride fighter".
    I actually consider Mirko Cro Crop his own separate entity from Pride just because he fought there doesn't mean he belongs to that name. I said Pride is dead as in the organization.

    I'm certainly not the one making claims along the lines that Anderson Silva is pride fighter which you didn't address any of the other posts about that by the way.
  • 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM
    Pasha K
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    If you say so not going to argue. If i was trolling I would have done it for a negative reaction. I did it because I get tired of hearing the same old thing from him. I didn't care if he responded or not.
    I do not care at all if you are tired or not of hearing the same old thing from me.
    I am a fan of Crocop and I have been a fan of him for some years. I was watching Mirko's fight way before anyone knew who is Brendan Schaub.
    Mirko overall is a much much better fighter, he is a true legend of MMA. Schaub is not the worst fighter in the planet obviously, but he is not a Top 10 and he will never be. So yes, for me, as a Mirko fan, it is disgusting that someone like Schaub knocked out Crocop.

    Your comment of "Pride is dead" is as irrelevant and Trollish as if you say something about Brock-Fedor.
    If I was still living in the past, I would say comments like "Anderson Silva is not the P4P king at all, he lost to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan" or "Wanderlei Silva is the best fighter in the MW division" or "Sakuraba would submit Jon Jones" or "Kazuhiro Nakamura would be a serious prospect in the UFC".

    And you say that I live in the past because I used the term "Pride fighters", however you said "Pride is dead", so it was you who actually labeled Crocop a "Pride fighter".
  • 12-02-2012, 02:27 AM
    Rise
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    The first poster stating he hated to see that CC knock out isn't old and 5 years from now many of us will still feal the sameway. You saying pride is dead was nothing more than a troll move on your part.
    If you say so not going to argue. If i was trolling I would have done it for a negative reaction. I did it because I get tired of hearing the same old thing from him. I didn't care if he responded or not.

    He didn't merely state he hated seeing a fighter get knocked out he alluded to it be a terrible thing because Schaub did it. Like Schaub or not he won that fight straight up and living in the past doesn't erase it or take away from Schaubs win. If the thread had of been about CC and his legacy or something to that effect I would have never said a word.

    Besides if I really wanted to troll Pashak I'd just say something about Brock beating Fedor that would be a much easier way of doing it.
  • 12-02-2012, 01:47 AM
    lwbrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not saying to like or dislike certain fighters be a fan of whoever you want. Certain people post less then objectively because of their allegiances and it gets old at times.
    The first poster stating he hated to see that CC knock out isn't old and 5 years from now many of us will still feal the sameway. You saying pride is dead was nothing more than a troll move on your part.
  • 12-02-2012, 01:40 AM
    Rise
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Rise just because pride is over doesn't mean I can't like CC [ as a fighter and person] over Schaub which I don't think much of as a person.
    Not saying to like or dislike certain fighters be a fan of whoever you want. Certain people post less then objectively because of their allegiances and it gets old at times.
  • 12-02-2012, 01:33 AM
    lwbrewer
    Rise just because pride is over doesn't mean I can't like CC [ as a fighter and person] over Schaub which I don't think much of as a person.
  • 12-02-2012, 01:06 AM
    Rise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Thanks for the big news genius!

    Following your "Awesome" logic I can also say "PRIDE is alive because people like Anderson, Shogun, Hendo and Nog are still in the Top 10. aside GSP and arguably BJ Penn, name me a UFC fighter that was in the Top 10 in 2005 and is still in the Top 10 today".
    As has been pointed out Anderson can hardly be labelled as a Pride Fighter. You also know that Hendo had fights in the UFC before he went to Pride right ? You want me to name UFC fighters in the top ten today but I can't name some of the ones already there... that makes sense you can debate my point you just can't use these guys to do it. Besides that what does when a fighter decides to retire have to do with it? I can certainly get over the fact that Ortiz, Hughes, Chuck, Randy etc.. aren't the fighters they use to be ?
    How about you do the same?

    My "awesome logic" as you put it merely stated Pride the orginization is dead. You still cling to the past like it was the end all and be all of MMA. So what Cro Crop lost to Schaub get over it. Mirko's loss to Schaub is on him he could have retired if he felt he wasn't competitive anymore instead he fought and loss.

    The trying to claim fighters as being "Pride" fighters just shows you are living in the past.
  • 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
    MMA4EVERRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    That's not the logic I'm using at all.

    Anderson fought 5 times, losing twice. He fought more in Brazil before Pride and more outside of Pride after.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was merely backing up your Argument with more examples.

    Anderson was a Shooto champion before anything else. His career will be defined being a UFC champ, then a Shooto champ, and lastly a "Pride" fighter.
  • 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM
    Sakara=Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    By the same logic one can say Wanderlei Silva was a UFC fighter before he was a Pride fighter. Murilo Bustamante and Dan Henderson were UFC fighters before they were Pride fighters as well.

    However, all three fought majority of their career in Pride and left lasting impressions, and that's why they are considered Pride fighters.

    I dont consider Anderson Silva a Pride fighter because he never left a lasting impression in the organization, outside of being on the receiving end of Chonnan's flying scizzor heel hook. He has fought and dominated more in the UFC.
    That's not the logic I'm using at all.

    Anderson fought 5 times, losing twice. He fought more in Brazil before Pride and more outside of Pride after.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •